Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,460

iKhan

Wow you liked Superman/Batman Apocalypse that much? I was considering not watching after how meh Public Enemies was.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

jump

iKhan wrote:

Wow you liked Superman/Batman Apocalypse that much? I was considering not watching after how meh Public Enemies was.

They're vastly different, Public Enemies is just throw bad guys at Supes and Bats over and over again in that horrible muscle on muscles art style where as Apocalypse is the story of Supergirl with a sleeker look and filled small clever moments. Seriously I've watched it and over again noticed these small things I missed on my orginal viewing that takes it up a notch in my appreciation of it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

RR529

The only animated DC film I've watched before was Batman: Year One.

Unfortunately, I don't remember much about it, even though it's only been a few years since I watched it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ryu_Niiyama

I know it likely won't last a season but I am really enjoying Lucifer. I love how he is so obviously not human (just listen to him speak for 5 minutes) but he gets treated like he is just eccentric. I am dying to know what chloe is ( keep hoping she is a sorta stand in for Elaine just not Luci's "daughter" if they make her related to Jesus I'm going to giggle my head off). I love the nods to the comics, like Maze's face for instance (although the cgi in this show is butt ugly...Lucifer's "devil face" would have been better served as a mask). I do wonder if they are going to tie it in with the current Lucifer comic series (since he is investigating the death of the Presence who is the Christian/Judeo/Islamic god in DC). I also love the fact that we have a show that is exploring the Christian Judeo Islamic mythology as quite frankly its a really fun read but people get up in arms if you just want to talk about it because its an active religion. I do hope they show more of the messed up looking angels, as most of them look like eldritch abominations than pretty people as is the current popular view.

I will say after re watching the flash season 2 eps so far I'm less invested in this season. Much of it feels like a retread but I don't feel it will have the same emotional pay off. I may sit season 3 out depending on how 2 plays out.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

jump

^I doubt they will be using Christian mythology much, it looks like the show is set up to be a crime procedural. I do find that really odd as the book wansn't a murder of week mystery at all.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

jump

I'm a huge Bats and DC fan (to the point I've even got a Batman tattoo) however I'm not feeling the hype or got excitement for Batman v Superman, I'm gonna see it day one but I was more excited about Deadpool, I'm looking forward to Civil War and Daredevil season 2 more and I'm more intrested in seeing how Iron Fist and Doctor Strange turn out.

It's not even I'm leaning more towards Marvel nowadays as almost everything I'm reading is DC and can't be bothered with most of Marvel's comics, it's only Daredevil I read regularly.

Nicolai wrote:

iKhan

Yeah I can understand the tepid response for Batman v. Superman, but I'm excited for it because if it succeeds, we can finally see the Justice League on the big screen.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

ElementSponge

Yeah, I want to see the Justice League in all their glory on the silver screen. Although I wish the Green Lantern movie wasn't so far away.

ElementSponge

jump

https://mobile.twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/7094771915795...

Luke Skywalker has posted the first image of Killing Joke. Whilst I'm happy they are making non-same universe films again (I really enjoyed it when they would just adapt a story and do it justice) but Killing Joke has a messy enough ending as it is which I'm not sure can be done on film where less freedom of interpretation can be had.

Nicolai wrote:

RR529

I watched Justice League: the Flashpoint Paradox (Netflix) last night.

It was a pretty good time.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

LaserdiscGal

Here's a free digital copy of The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel.
Make sure to say if you get it

Untitled

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

LadyCharlie

arronishere wrote:

since Azzarello left Wondy it's been a chore reading her books so hopefully this will change that.

you missed out on Sensation Comics? and are missing out on Legend of Wonder Woman?
both of these are character defining series.

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

ElementSponge

The day of reckoning is upon us! Still can't believe Batman v Superman is getting such a thrashing by critics! Still going to watch it though.

ElementSponge

Vinny

35% on Rotten Tomatoes right now. That's just insane.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

HawkeyeWii

I can't say I'm surprised by how badly the movie is getting received. I'm also not surprised that most critics are saying that the only thing saving the film is Batman. You could just tell from the trailers that there just isn't going to be much going on in the movie. I'm still going to see it, because it's Batman and Superman though. The worst part is that this was effectively supposed to be the "Iron Man", or "Avengers" for the DC movie universe. A movie that was supposed to successfully jump start the universe and it looks like it is doing a terrible job.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

jump

HawkeyeWii wrote:

I can't say I'm surprised by how badly the movie is getting received. I'm also not surprised that most critics are saying that the only thing saving the film is Batman. You could just tell from the trailers that there just isn't going to be much going on in the movie. I'm still going to see it, because it's Batman and Superman though. The worst part is that this was effectively supposed to be the "Iron Man", or "Avengers" for the DC movie universe. A movie that was supposed to successfully jump start the universe and it looks like it is doing a terrible job.

Man of Steel was the start of their Universe and Bats v Supes is getting the same kind of reviews that MOS did.

Nicolai wrote:

DefHalan

So did anyone see Batman v Superman yet? I need to know, was Aquaman in it and was he awesome?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

jump

Bats v Supes is a dud, the first 90 mins is just exposition which does nothing for the plot, fleshing out characters or provoking thought, the Social Network guy makes a terrible Lex Luthor who seems to randomly rant for no reason throughout the film, Wondy is bland, Doomsday is just terrible, Supes is dull but Jeremy Irons and Batfleck are decent, the action is ok but nothing special and they have Batman both kill and use a gun multiple times throughout the film.

Also yeah Aquaman is in it for a min and he's ok but it's a blink and you miss it type thing.

Nicolai wrote:

DefHalan

arronishere wrote:

Also yeah Aquaman is in it for a min and he's ok but it's a blink and you miss it type thing.

That is too bad but understanable. They already threw in so many people. I just like the actor playing Aquaman. Ronon Dex returns to Alantis lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic