Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 1,460

Offspring

@RR529: It's the name of the Oliver-Felicity ship. A bunch of lonely women on Tumblr came up with it and then the idiot showrunner, Marc Guggenheim, shoehorned it into the show. What's worse is the new showrunner was live tweeting during the finale how great it was that they got together.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

Tasuki

@iKhan: You do realize that they are reseting the Arrow/Flash universe this upcoming season.

If you saw the season finale of Flash, you would see that they set it up for the Flashpoint arc where the DC universe is reset. Even the producers acknowledge that.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RR529

OlicityBlows wrote:

@RR529: It's the name of the Oliver-Felicity ship. A bunch of lonely women on Tumblr came up with it and then the idiot showrunner, Marc Guggenheim, shoehorned it into the show. What's worse is the new showrunner was live tweeting during the finale how great it was that they got together.

Ah, okay. I've only seen the first 2 seasons so far (I watch it on Netflix, so I'm a season behind everyone else), so I guess I'll see how bad it is for myself in a few months once season 3 gets in.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

iKhan

Tasuki wrote:

You do realize that they are reseting the Arrow/Flash universe this upcoming season.

If you saw the season finale of Flash, you would see that they set it up for the Flashpoint arc where the DC universe is reset. Even the producers acknowledge that.

That's not what I saw them say. According to them what happened at the end of S1 Flash got fixed. And even if what you said was true, they aren't going to drop the Olicity like it never happened. Guggenheim wouldn't let that happen.

Speaking of Guggenheim, he's still the head EP on the show. As long as that's the case, I don't have faith in the show. Berlanti and Kreisberg kept him in check for S1 and S2, but they have moved onto other things.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

RR529

Just started watching season 1 of The Flash, since they added it to Netflix!

I'm liking it so far (just watched the first two episodes), and it seems like it'll be a bit more "fun" than Arrow. BTW, in what order do you watch the crossover with Arrow? (they haven't added season 3 of that yet, but I imagine it won't be long)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tasuki

@RR529: Since Flash airs on Tuesday nights and Arrow on Wednesday, you would want to watch Flash first then Arrow.

My Backlog

RR529

Tasuki wrote:

@RR529: Since Flash airs on Tuesday nights and Arrow on Wednesday, you would want to watch Flash first then Arrow.

Thanks for the answer!

Since they added it today, I'll probably watch the first two episodes of Arrow season 3 tonight to get caught up (since I watched the first two episodes of the Flash last night), then after that, watch one episode of each show a night.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

the_shpydar

I caught up on The Flash this summer, and i'm so glad i did. Such a great show, might be my fave comic superhero show right now (even though i'm primarily a Marvel fan, so Agents of Shield almost takes the title by default).

Loved the season premiere last night as well (especially with the appearance of Jay Garrick!), and so looking forward to everything that they're building to!

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

shingi_70

Arrow was hot fire, season 2 levels of good.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

RR529

Started up season 3 of Arrow on Netflix.

Watched the first two episodes, and that was quite the surprise twist at the end of episode 1.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Sorry for the double post, but I just watched the crossover episodes of the Flash & Arrow, and they were awesome! Couldn't help but smile most of the time.

Also, Captain Boomerang is also Ashur on Spartacus, and he's totally an a** on that show as well (and that's saying something, since you have to do some pretty depraved stuff to stick out as bad on that show).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

So, anyone else catch Supergirl?

CGI was a little iffy in places (though that's to be expected), but I thought the fights were pretty good (though why was her heat vision blue?).

Her normal life hasn't struck me as anything interesting yet, but it's only episode 1.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

shingi_70

Yoooooooooooooo! The ending stinger to flash was amazing.

Hmm this felt like less of a flash episode and an extended pilot for a Firestorm/legends show. My guess is all the Legends episodes will have the backdoor pilot fear.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

the_shpydar

@shingi_70: Exactly my thought RE: set-up for the Legends series. I expect we'll see a bit more of that over the coming weeks.

I too loved the end moment of Barry coming face-to-face with Wells, but they literally ruined the cliffhanger-y suspense when they did the "scenes from next week" teaser during the credits by clearly saying that it's Wells from Earth-2. Yeah, it was a predictable thing (and it could actually be a swerve), but i thought they would have been better served to leave it a "mystery" for another week.

Meanwhile, everything that is about or involves Iris continues to be my most hated part of the show. I just honestly don't care, and i still find Iris's character supremely annoying.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

RR529

Just finished up season 1 of the Flash & season 3 of Arrow!

The Flash is by far the best superhero show I've ever seen. It can be serious & emotional when it needs to be (I almost burst out in tears whenever Barry arrived at a "key moment" in the final episode, and it saw it play out the way it did), but it also knows how to be fun, which is really refreshing. It's central story is very intriguing, and even it's more "filler" episodes are a good time, often feeling like little superhero movies all on their own.

As for Arrow season 3, it's not nearly as bad as I had heard. Now, it's not as strong as season 2, I agree, but it had some absolutely fantastic twists, and the introduction of the A.T.O.M. was the most pleasant surprise of the season. I felt the complaints about the Oliver & Felicity relationship to be grossly overblown. The vast majority of the season, it was just the same will they or won't they that's been going on since season 1, and when they did get together, it didn't consume the show in any way. I will say that watching it next to the Flash, it maybe made it seem more lacklustre in comparison?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tasuki

@RR529: I liked Atom alot too as well as Firestorm in Flash it's one of the reason I can't wait for Legends of Tomorrow in a few months. It was nice to see them give Brandon Routh another shot at a superhero since he did or at least I thought he did a good job as Superman in Superman Returns.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

shingi_70

In a somewhat lackluster season The Atom parts were the highlights.

Flash is the best superhero show on TV right now, man last night's beat down was brutal.

WAT!

HawkeyeWii
I am so sold on Ben Affleck now! Lex is crap though. Why did they not get someone like Bryan Cranston?? He would have nailed it. Not sure how I feel about Doomsday yet. I definitely knew that, that was the route they were going with for the villain after I first saw the trailer with a dead Zod body.
Team Batman FTW!

(Edit) Since the youtube video is wanting to play in the forum, I'll just leave this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fis-9Zqu2Ro

Edited on by HawkeyeWii

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

jump

What the hell have they done to Anarky in Arrow?!?!!?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

Watched Batman Bad Blood and it's probably the best of the current canon Batman cartoon movies but it's still a mess. Too many characters thrown in for the sake of it and it's the same weird thing of trying to combine Morrison and Synder's run but failing to bring in eithers flavour successfully.

I'm quite enjoying Legends of Tomorrow, it's so odd seeing Doctor Who's Rory being a bad arse though.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic