Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,460

iKhan

shingi_70 wrote:

I'm enjpying all three. In terms of comic shows my rankings so far go'

The Flash >Shield> Arrow> Gotham

I'm totally in love with the Flash, it has a big Sam Rami Spider-man feel and its just pure fun.

Arrow Sara Noooooooooo

Gotham is great but is bogged down by the batman references and the Barbra Gordon scenes. The actress who plays Babs is utterly hot, but doesn't really serve any purpose but to tell us how awesome gordan is with his super model girlfriend and his apartment that someone at his pay grade shouldn't afford.

Just to clarify, Barbara in Gotham is Barbara Keane, Jim Gordon's fiance.

Barbara Gordon is Jim Gordon's daughter, so yeah no incest going on here.

I'm of the opinion that Grant Gustin needs to be cast as Peter Parker ASAP.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Platypus

I've been watching the Flash. The first episode was pretty good, but the second was just incredible. I don't think it's the best show at the moment, but it's definitely the coolest and really fun to watch.

In other news, DC announced it's movie schedule.

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
“Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer (2016)
“Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot (2017)
“Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)
“The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller (2018)
“Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa (2018)
“Shazam” (2019)
“Justice League Part Two,” directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
“Cyborg,” starring Ray Fisher (2020)
“Green Lantern” (2020)

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

SkywardLink98

Spoilers for Arrow "Sara" below.
Thea's back! She's being taught to fight by Malcom Merlyn and she's pretty good at it.Tommy's return was awesome, although it was also a sucker punch. I'm still upset about his death in Season 1.

Edited on by SkywardLink98

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

shingi_70

Short hair thea for the win, I wish we got more Ray Palmer screen time

I have to say Wonder Woman is officially my most anticipated solo super hero movie. A bit miffed that the movies and TV stuff are separate but might as well get over it now.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Tasuki

Ok my only question is why make a Flash movie when you can easily bring in The Flash TV show into the JL mix. What a waste of time and money honestly. I just hope they dont make that same mistake with Green Arrow in the JL.

Anyway I am all caught up in Gotham and I am really really enjoying Oswald alot. As for Arrow I figured that Thea would turn out the way she did but then again how could anyone not see it. Also I cant help but make a Superman Returns reference whenever I see Brandon Routh on Arrow.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

iKhan

I can't understand why we are getting Cyborg and Shazam before Martian Manhunter. Isn't MM one of the biggest JL members?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

ThePirateCaptain

@iKhan
He is, but Warner seems to taking more inspiration from the New 52 era of comics. Every character who has or is in the new movies, aside from Shazam, is a founding member of the Justice League in the New 52. I would love to see a Martian Manhunter movie eventually since he's one of my favorite characters.

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

iKhan

CapnPancakes wrote:

@iKhan
He is, but Warner seems to taking more inspiration from the New 52 era of comics. Every character who has or is in the new movies, aside from Shazam, is a founding member of the Justice League in the New 52. I would love to see a Martian Manhunter movie eventually since he's one of my favorite characters.

I wikipediaed that. Isn't MM a founding member of the JL in the New 52 too?

iKhan

I find it really interesting how The Flash is basically doing right everything Gotham is doing wrong. Gotham seems a bit lost in trying to do too much at once. As a result we see too many shallow plotlines in each episode. It's even further bogged down with overly obvious references, and a seeming unsureness of the time it wants to have

The Flash know exactly what it wants to be, and it's giving every arc it's own time to shine. It seems a lot more coherent and well paced.

I like both shows though. Right now Flash>Arrow>Gotham

Tasuki

So I finally got caught up with Arrow and I like the direction they are going. I don't know but I am starting to like Thea now the first two seasons she was just blah if you know what I mean. I am also interested in seeing where they are going with Laural and if she will become Black Canary now.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

HawkeyeWii

So apparently in a very confusing way, DC announced that the TV shows Arrow and The Flash are not in the same universe as the upcoming ciniematic universe. This is evident in the casting of Ezra Miller instead of Garry Gustin for The Flash movie representation.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

RR529

Just started up season 2 of Arrow on Netflix!

One episode in, and I'm already reeled back in, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

SkywardLink98

So Constantine is pretty good. Anyone else feel like it had two pilots since they removed Liv and replaced her with Zed?

Tasuki wrote:

I am also interested in seeing where they are going with Laural and if she will become Black Canary now.

There was no Sara in the comics iirc, so it makes sense to put the real Black Canary into her role. Sara was likely included as a way of explaining Laurel's transformation from the character we saw throughout Season 1 into the Black Canary.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.

jump

SkywardLink98 wrote:

So Constantine is pretty good. Anyone else feel like it had two pilots since they removed Liv and replaced her with Zed?

Apparently she was written out of the show but I took it as showing that no one is permanent in the cast with the whole "eveyone dies by your side" angle they are taking.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

iKhan wrote:

CapnPancakes wrote:

@iKhan

I wikipediaed that. Isn't MM a founding member of the JL in the New 52 too?

Nope, he's a member of Justice League of America and was briefly a member of Justice League but not a founder and only shown in flashback.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

SkywardLink98

arronishere wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Apparently she was written out of the show but I took it as showing that no one is permanent in the cast with the whole "eveyone dies by your side" angle they are taking.

From what I head, the fan reaction to her (because of the leaked pilot) was pretty poor and that lead to the decision to write her out. At the end of the pilot he talks about her running away and I thought it seemed a little forced.

SkywardLink98

@arronishere I felt like it was a waste to just have her disappear. She might not have been able to be a lead, but making her a character like Chas would've been better imo.

shingi_70

Going to have to use one of my day's off to catch up on Constatine.

Looks like Margot Robbie is going to be Harley Quinn.
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

Yeah the casting for Sucicide Squad seems to be so far.

Tom Hardy as Rick Flagg
Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn
Courtney Jai as Deadshot
Jared Leto as the Joker
Will Smith as Captian Boomerang
Jessie Esienberg as Lex Luthor

Seems like this will do alot to build the universe after BVS and it seems like it may take alot from Assult on Arkham.

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic