Forums

Topic: E3 2012 |OT| Wii U scores, Kinect snores, and lol move

Posts 81 to 100 of 271

Chrono_Cross

Mickeymac wrote:

Just because everyone's doing it doesn't mean it's a good thing, nor does it mean we all gotta like it. For some of us, this trend means there's a lot less AAA gaming in our future.

Obviously it's a good thing if everyone is doing. But wait, not everyone is doing it.

My point was that it's not new so I don't know why he was playing dumb about that. If it increases the excitement and makes the overall game that much funner it is always welcomed. How or why anyone wouldn't like something like that in a game like Tomb Raider is beyond me.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

shingi_70

Oddy wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Ugh. Nintendo announced that the 3DS will be featured at the software showcase on Wed, and It's not on TV... How am I supposed to watch it if my ipod made the picture blank at Nintendo Direct? I don't know what to do.. (I also have a ipad, but I'm not sure if it would work...)

[/div]

[/div]

It'll load fine on an IPad.

[/div]

Hope it loads well on my Kindle Fire. That is, if I'm unable to watch it on the computer at my Adobe apps class tomorrow.

The gametrailers stream works on the kindle fire.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

er...tl;dr but I know you guys are talking about QTEs, as long as they aren't used poorly I don't mind. Honestly though I think they're only praise-worthy in stuff like Heavy Rain and Asura's Wrath.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

Chrono_Cross wrote:

How or why anyone wouldn't like something like that in a game like Tomb Raider is beyond me.

I can't speak for Wheels, but to me, that stuff just isn't gameplay. There's barely any interaction at all. It doesn't make it more exciting, it makes it less. If I wanted a game to be exciting, which I assure you, I do, I'd make it so there was more gameplay and more interaction, not less. Then again, I still remember when games weren't half cutscenes, so maybe I'm just yearning for a time long lost when it comes to $60 retail games...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

the_shpydar

Ubisoft's presentation was excellent (well, except for the ultra-annoying co-host wanker). AC3 gameplay was sweet, and Watchdogs looks awesome. Supremely hyped for that game.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

komicturtle

Microsoft's was boring- I did like Usher's performance though.

It shows Microsoft just doesn't have enough games of their own to show. 85% of the conference was dedicated to kinect and other features that were not gaming related other than "It's on Xbox". E3 is about games. These features should have be shown at some other conference or WDC, or whatever tech conference. If you remove all the Nike partnerships, Windows 8, Smartglass, Internet Explorer and sports stuff- you got barebones conference. Disappointing. Showing footage of mostly 3rd party games that are multiplatform doesn't really demonstrate why you need to get an Xbox in regards to it's games. Halo.. That's it?

Anyhow, positives: neat Southpark game, some fun little kinect games and Halo 4.

Also, WTF? They are abusing Lara Croft!!! D: So much abuse to the poor virtual woman... Damn...

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

Chrono_Cross

Mickeymac wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

How or why anyone wouldn't like something like that in a game like Tomb Raider is beyond me.

[/div]

I can't speak for Wheels, but to me, that stuff just isn't gameplay. There's barely any interaction at all. It doesn't make it more exciting, it makes it less. If I wanted a game to be exciting, which I assure you, I do, I'd make it so there was more gameplay and more interaction, not less. Then again, I still remember when games weren't half cutscenes, so maybe I'm just yearning for a time long lost when it comes to $60 retail games...

It isn't gameplay? You're interacting with everything around you and, in Lara's case, you're shooting obstacles in your way while being pushed downstream. That's gameplay my friend whether you think so or not and it seems like you're getting cinematic gameplay mixed up with cutscenes.

Cinematic gameplay =/= cutscene.

Also, it's obvious that more of the same gameplay doesn't immerse a player. That's why developers try to spice it up with events found in Resident Evil 4 and Tomb Raider. Take Call of Duty for an example. In Black Ops you vault down a facility only to break through the windows and shoot everyone in the room below you. It's cinematic and it's awesome and it completely immerses the player.

Just for you.

the_shpydar

Gotta agree with Mel Gibson on this one. Of course it's gameplay. It's just a different kind of gameplay. This is the fist Tomb Raider game in quite a while that i'm actually looking forward to.

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

shingi_70

But there were games at the msoft presser

That zombu game looks so freaking boring and generic. Killer Freaks at least had personality.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

RR529

The only thing I'm not liking in the new Tomb Raider is the new uber realistic art style. It seems that's all western devs want to do nowadays (as for retail releases). Tomb Raider, Devil May Cry, Ace Combat, and Castlevania are all going this route, and I don't like it. With graphical power these days, the amount of artistic diversity could be amazing, but they're all going after the same style, and IMO, the one that's the most bland.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

V8_Ninja

Whoever introduced Far Cry 3 for Sony's press conference, I have on things to say about him; his 'stache and vocals cords speak pure MAN!!!

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

turtlelink

Man, Assassin's Creed trailers are always epic, especially Revelations but 3 was good too.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

the_shpydar

Sony_70 wrote:

That zombu game looks so freaking boring and generic.

While you may ultimately be right, considering that we haven't even seen a second of gameplay yet, i think it's a bit premature to make that assessment — especially since it's a WiiU exclusive and will surely make extensive use of the Gamepad.

Plus, if it's truly set in England, then obviously we'll be able to fight through the zombie hordes to get to Nintendo Life Towers where we will ultimately be slain by a shotgun-wielding James, who will refuse to share his stockpiles of pudding. Or something.

The Shpydarloggery

RR529

So, Vita is getting an exclusive Assassin's Creed game. Wonder how much Sony paid off Ubisoft?

Don't dislike Sony or the Vita, but it just seems like a bad business decision to release a game on the floundering Vita, instead of the successful 3DS (I mean, they cancelled the old 3DS version, because it was under the same situation Vita's in now).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

moomoo

I must say, Sony pulled quite a Microsoft with their looooooong presentation on Pottermore.
Yeah, it looks interesting, but not something most of us would be in to.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

the_shpydar

The Vita-exclusive AC — and the fact that they'll be releasing a Vita/AC bundle — actually has me considering buying a Vita for the first time ever. Mission accomplished, Mr. Tretton.
/me tips the gentleman-hat to Jack

The Shpydarloggery

Chrono_Cross

The Vita isn't exactly flourishing either.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.