Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 841 to 860 of 2,161

ClockworkMario

Time to throw a few predictions:

• Zelda U (my most anticipated game) is announced with a 2.5 minute trailer, a name and a short playable demo. Will release Q2 2015.
  • A new Mario sports game for Wii U, perhaps football or tennis.
  • Miyamotos secret project is revealed to be a downloadable, deceptively simple looking puzzle-adventure. Many will be initially disappointed with it, but when the reviews start to pour in this November it's raved as the paragon of eShop.
  • A Metroid game for the 3DS.
  • Two new characters and a stage revealed for SSB. Solid release dates announced for both editions.
  • Demos and release dates for X and Bayonetta 2.
  • DLC announced for either MK8 or Super Mario 3D World.
  • Something no one saw coming. Perhaps a revival of an ancient series or a preposterous new IP.

Edited on by ClockworkMario

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

iKhan

Jazzer94 wrote:

faint wrote:

@Jazzer94 I bet smash has nfc and i bet they cost around $5.99 usd.

@faint Don't think I'd take that bet as I have a feeling the higher ups in Nintendo most likely forced it into the game and I'd say $9.99 per figure at least.

This is Nintendo we are talking about. Nintendo higher ups rarely if ever force things into games.

Aonuma had to tell Miyamoto that people wanted a more realistic looking Zelda, not the other way around.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

iKhan

ClockworkMario wrote:

• Miyamotos secret project is revealed to be a downloadable, deceptively simple looking puzzle-adventure. Many will be initially disappointed with it, but when the reviews start to pour in this November it's raved as the paragon of eShop.

Definitely most terrified this will happen. Nothing against the e-shop, but I'm hoping Miyamoto is working on a game larger in scope.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

My favorite E3 gif of all time.
Untitled

Now ON TO THE HYPE!
Untitled
Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

So IGN has changed the title of the article two times since posting it and is getting ridcluded about it.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

You have to wonder if getting the pre-E3 clicks was worth losing credibility over in case sony shows the game tommorow. (Won't happen).

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Jazzer94

This gif is now up there with my favorite E3 ones.
Untitled

This is a great one too.
Untitled

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

IceClimbers

ClockworkMario wrote:

Time to throw a few predictions:

• Zelda U (my most anticipated game) is announced with a 2.5 minute trailer, a name and a short playable demo. Will release Q2 2015.
  • A new Mario sports game for Wii U, perhaps football or tennis.
  • A Metroid game for the 3DS.
  • Two new characters and a stage revealed for SSB. Solid release dates announced for both editions.
  • Demos and release dates for X and Bayonetta 2.
  • DLC announced for either MK8 or Super Mario 3D World.
  • Something no one saw coming. Perhaps a revival of an ancient series or a preposterous new IP.

I think we'll get a release date for the 3DS version of Smash, but only a release month for the Wii U version. Zelda U is likely Q4 2015, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if it comes earlier. I think MK8 DLC is inevitable. At the very least the Mercedes Benz DLC. In fact, I predict that particular DLC will be available immediately after the Digital Event.

As for Metroid 3DS, I think it might happen. Will be interesting to see how many people get pissed off because it's not a Wii U game.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Peach64

Emily Rodgers throwing out plenty of suggestions we'll see the new Next Level game announced at E3. Maybe Mario Strikers U? I'd love to see them get to work on something more ambitious than a Mario sports game, but Nintendo would have probably decided their next project very early on in 2013, and decided that they needed games fast, so put them to work on something that could be done in 18-24 months.

Peach64

shingi_70

Untitled

The official teaser for Battlefield Hardlines

WAT!

iKhan

Peach64 wrote:

Emily Rodgers throwing out plenty of suggestions we'll see the new Next Level game announced at E3. Maybe Mario Strikers U? I'd love to see them get to work on something more ambitious than a Mario sports game, but Nintendo would have probably decided their next project very early on in 2013, and decided that they needed games fast, so put them to work on something that could be done in 18-24 months.

I'm kind of hoping Next Level resurrects the NHL Hitz franchise. Granted I don't have that much faith in them since they kind of ruined it with NHL Hitz Pro, but since Black Box is now defunct, it's really the series' only hope. NHL Hitz U might actually get me to buy a Wii U.

shingi_70

You'd think owning the Mariner's that nintendo would make a baseball game. Regardless i'm unsure that Nintendo's audience would care about sports sims.

WAT!

Gamer83

shingi_70 wrote:

You'd think owning the Mariner's that nintendo would make a baseball game. Regardless i'm unsure that Nintendo's audience would care about sports sims.

It'd also be extremely hard to top The Show. This is Nintendo, so I wouldn't rule it out but no franchise has ever captured the spirit of the game the way The Show does.

Gamer83

Shirma_Akayaku

shingi_70 wrote:

Untitled

Why isn't Master Hand in this gif?!
You know what? Don't even bother putting him in. You're racist against hands, aren't you?

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

iKhan

Rosalina wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Untitled

Why isn't Master Hand in this gif?!
You know what? Don't even bother putting him in. You're racist against hands, aren't you?

I just realized Master Hand could totally be an innendo.

shingi_70

Microsof is going to bring back Voodoo Vince.
Untitled

WAT!

cookiex

Playstation All-Stars Round 2, lolwut? Didn't the first game fail to sell well? If that thing really exists, Smash Bros. is going to steamroll it.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

jariw

The old IGN rumor thread with that "good friend who works at Nintendo in Großostheim" got some more details today in message #352.:

Okay, I asked him to unveil the full plans (he was pissed though). Get ur body ready.

• Zelda U Trailer
  • new hardware is the NFP platform for 3DS
  • X, Bayo, Yoshi and FE will be there.
  • Pokken Fighters will be there
  • Super Mario Sunshine remake will be announced
  • Fatal Frame will be there
  • There will be a new Metroid game
  • a new Starfox will be there
  • a new F-Zero too!
  • S.T.E.A.M. is a new IP, an alien FPS made by Mr. Miyamoto that is "mature"
  • Majoras Mask 3D will be announced
  • the cancelled game was a indie game
  • There are more exclusive third party co devlopments than you think and some of them are very surprising!
  • There will be some casual games too (meh...)

An interesting remark in #378 regarding Shin'en and the very recent removal of release year for Fast Racing Neo in relation to this rumor:

The one intriguing thing to me could be this if anything. People have been asking Shin'en to be given FZero for a long time. If the Indie game that was announced and is cancelled ends up being Fast Racing Neo, it means the showing of FZero is probably Shinens(partially) and I will lose my s***

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/rumour-ive-got-very-hot-inf...

Edited on by jariw

jariw

iKhan

jariw wrote:

The old IGN rumor thread with that "good friend who works at Nintendo in Großostheim" got some more details today in message #352.:

Okay, I asked him to unveil the full plans (he was pissed though). Get ur body ready.

• Zelda U Trailer
  • new hardware is the NFP platform for 3DS
  • X, Bayo, Yoshi and FE will be there.
  • Pokken Fighters will be there
  • Super Mario Sunshine remake will be announced
  • Fatal Frame will be there
  • There will be a new Metroid game
  • a new Starfox will be there
  • a new F-Zero too!
  • S.T.E.A.M. is a new IP, an alien FPS made by Mr. Miyamoto that is "mature"
  • Majoras Mask 3D will be announced
  • the cancelled game was a indie game
  • There are more exclusive third party co devlopments than you think and some of them are very surprising!
  • There will be some casual games too (meh...)

An interesting remark in #378 regarding Shin'en and the very recent removal of release year for Fast Racing Neo in relation to this rumor:

The one intriguing thing to me could be this if anything. People have been asking Shin'en to be given FZero for a long time. If the Indie game that was announced and is cancelled ends up being Fast Racing Neo, it means the showing of FZero is probably Shinens(partially) and I will lose my s***

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/rumour-ive-got-very-hot-inf...

In other words, it's the cookie cutter Nintendo Direct that everyone predicts/wants it to be.

I mean honest, I don't see a single original thought on that list.

shingi_70

Aren't the words mature and Nintendo sort of the anti to one another.

WAT!

cookiex

It would be one hell of a showing IMO if all of that ends up being true but the "leak" does sound way too safe, as in it's borrowing everything from other rumors.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.