Forums

Topic: All-Encompassing E3 2018 Thread

Posts 1,641 to 1,660 of 1,693

Haruki_NLI

I'm around for a few reasons. Keep up with general news and what few friends I have left here.

I go to PS to punish myself

I didn't enjoy this E3. I'll be blunt, it was fairly underwhelming commitments to the Future (Xbox), plain dull (EA), games without dates that could be a decade away (Sony/Bethesda), mildly interesting (Ubisoft/LRG) or very short term to a fault (Nintendo/SquareEnix). I even had to live react to them all...that was fun.

Disrupted my usual streaming schedule too! And this was while monitoring a tournament and my usual admin duties to my community. Let's say I'm tired and don't want another E3 for a few years...

On my to buy list...Smash. Pokemon because people will want me to stream that. Spyro as expected. Outside of that, nothing announced that has a date. I'm looking at Ghost of Tsushima but is that even in the next 18 months? Really I'm just coasting on what I have, live streaming, job hunting, updating a website, usual crap.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@Knuckles-Fajita Anonymity my butt. It doesn't matter if you change your username and avatar because I still recognize your personality on the forums.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haruki_NLI

@Ralizah What, universally hated is obvious?

ThanosReXXX

@Knuckles-Fajita Okayyyy..... I guess that in your view, that wasn't really more pleasant stuff at all, then.

Well, I for one actually did enjoy E3. Not blown away by anything, mind you, but I enjoyed all (most) of it nonetheless.

Microsoft had a solid presentation, as did Bethesda, and as always, I liked their comedy bits. EA was indeed horrible, and Square Enix was too short/making me wonder why they were at E3 at all, Ubisoft was okay, but with the usual cringe moments, unfortunately... Sony's was bad, not because of bad games but because of the general f-up with moving people in-between presentations, not to mention weird musical interludes and Nintendo's was a rush job to get to their "Smash Direct".

Had they spaced it out more, given more time to each individual title, and had done all the really in-detail stuff concerning Smash in the Treehouse sessions, then it would actually have been a pretty solid presentation as well, because there were plenty of titles, so it's not like they had nothing to announce. It just threw me in the way they mal-presented it.

@Ralizah Let's be nice, shall we?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ralizah

@Knuckles-Fajita I just mean that you have a unique personality, so it's easy to tell when you've just changed your name/avatar. It's a compliment! Not just anybody is unique enough to stand out from the crowd the way you do.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

ThanosReXXX

@Ralizah Ah, seems I misjudged your earlier comment. My bad...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX Well I think my experience of E3 was tainted by...not sleeping much.

There is stuff coming for Switch sure, but they just didn't show it! That's the problem for me. Of course, SquareEnix, given everything they showed was elsewhere....yeah why DID they show up?

@Ralizah I dont think anyone has said I have a unique personality nor do I know in what way this applies to me.

ThanosReXXX

@Knuckles-Fajita Ah, okay. That makes sense. As for our current discussion partner: I think the right way to treat a compliment given, is to shut up and accept it, not to doubt it...

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX I dunno. That's just when people say I am "Unique" its followed by some negatives XD

ThanosReXXX

@Knuckles-Fajita Nah.... that's just (listening to) the wrong voices in your head. I got 'em too. Makes you suspect the worst in everyone, but regardless of the open sewer that is the internet, there actually ARE still a few good people out there. Some online discussions can seriously make you doubt that, but I know this to be true, and I do like my glass half full view, even when I'm drinking...

Anyways, I'm off for now. Gotta catch some zzz's, otherwise, I won't be out of bed in time tomorrow for the next world cup match...

Take care, see ya around.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Dezzy

This thread appears to have turned into a text-adventure dating sim

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kkslider5552000

Dezzy wrote:

w-why would you say that, senpai?! blush

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Octane

@Dezzy That's what happens when Nintendo delays Fire Emblem.

Octane

Historia

I was absolutely distraught with Nintendo’s E3 this year. I love Smash but they could have saved the in depth stuff for Tree House. No Metroid, no Yoshi and not big announcements like Bayonetta or anything to do with “Nintendo Online” utter trash I’m sorry.

For me Sony > Microsoft > Nintendo sad days...

H

Historia

Henmii

@MisterPi,

Okay, its true then. It may take a while though. And the popularity of Hey Pikmin may influence the whole matter (I have no idea if this sold well or not). I hope for the Pikmin fans that its worth the wait!

Henmii

AlliMeadow

Dezzy wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

w-why would you say that, senpai?! blush

Octane wrote:

@Dezzy That's what happens when Nintendo delays Fire Emblem.

This has to be the best exchange on any forum ever.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Kimyonaakuma

To be honest I never thought that Audrey made any evil or disturbing comments...which probably says something terrible about me, oh well!

I mostly remember her for the terrifying eyebrows and how she managed to make the Fire Emblem Warriors segment from last year all about her "husband" Xander.

I actually preferred the previous Treehouse livestreams because of the personality that Audrey, Kindra and Theresa brought to the show. They were different from eachother but they made it interesting to watch, even if it was a game they had already shown multiple times.

This year was okay but the guys seem to have no personality whatsoever, and Chiko seems to always get pushed to the side by whoever is asking the developers questions. Samantha is alright but she doesn't hide that she has a certain amount of things to show in a short amount of time, so maybe she could be more subtle in that aspect? I enjoyed the Treehouse anyway this year, even if it was less than last year. Having third party developers join in was a nice change!

Kimyonaakuma

Anti-Matter

@Kimyonaakuma
I couldn't watch entire Tree House event last time due to i have to sleep (my time was 12 am).
So, Smash Bros Ultimate was dominating Tree House event , right ?
Is there any game that i miss ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

link3710

@Anti-Matter Super Mario Party and Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee are the only titles that I think you'd be interested in. Other than that, it was mostly Starlink, Mario Tennis Aces, Donkey Kong (Arcade) , Octopath Traveler, Xenoblade Chronicles DLC, Octo Expansion and uh... I think that was all the games they showed?

link3710

Kimyonaakuma

@link3710 They also showed Fortnite, Overcooked 2, Hollow Knight and maybe Killer Queen Black.

@Anti-Matter you can watch it on YouTube if there's any you missed. Most were not very interesting but they showed some new Pokémon gameplay!

Kimyonaakuma

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.