Suggestions, Ideas & Feedback Forum

Topic: Ideas for the site

Showing 641 to 660 of 775

AuthorMessage

Pichuka97

641. Posted:

How about a favorite users list and a messaging system to send messages to each other.

Favorite Games: Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Call of Duty: Black Ops, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and Mega Man 5.
My Backlog
Sonic is AMAZING!! Nintendo is AMAZING!! I AM AMAZING!!

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7746-7284 | Nintendo Network ID: Pichuka97

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

642. Posted:

Pichuka97 wrote:

How about a favorite users list and a messaging system to send messages to each other.

Ant has already stated why there is no message system in this thread.

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/feedback/nintendo_life_per...

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

643. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Just a thought but what about putting the contact link at the top of the page instead of all the way at the bottom? I have noticed alot of people lately when they want to contact a mod or an admin they will put it in the middle of the thread and I know the chances of you guys missing a single message in a thread is high. I am not sure how much work that would entail and that might be a bigger pain in the butt to move, but I just thought it would be easier for people to see if they need to get in contact with you.

And it's not easy to spot if you don't already know where it is.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck. Nintendo sux!

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

644. Posted:

Actually, it used to be at the top of the page — i guess the 'contact us' button was moved... i hadn't even noticed, haha, but to be honest i haven't really noticed any sudden increase in users not using it. feels about the same IMO :3
edit: i see what happened — apparently it was moved when the onmousehover 'channels' option was added to the site to take care of the tab clutter at the top of the page, haha. but i still can't say that i see an increase now in users unable to find the link. the only difference now is probably that we have twice the users is all :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

645. Posted:

Funny you all mentioned that. I just used the contact us button to ask about using an avatar that could have spoilers for a game in it....
I found the button pretty easy myself. A lot of sites have that near the bottom that I've seen.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

646. Posted:

@Joshers744: I agree, most websites you go to nowadays have all their fine print and contact information at the bottom. if anything, that should make things easier for our users to find if they're looking :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

647. Posted:

Ok no worries than. Obviously I have no way of knowing if it works or not I am just going by what I see in threads thats all. I have noticed in increase in

@TBD: Why did you change my pic blah blah blah in the middle of an ongoing thread and be quite honest it disrupts the flow of the thread. That and I know that you all just dont hang around the forums all day (even though I am sure we would all like that) and I thought that maybe its because some people didnt know we have the contact button.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

CaveDweller

648. Posted:

I'm sure someone probably brought this up before I did, but why doesn't Nintendo Life have it's own "User Reviews" section? On sites like these it's sometimes nice to get a second opinion on both current games and ones that were released years ago - and not just from the site staff but also from your fellow readers who you frequently interact with. Not to mention, it would be nice to see a site based around game journalism to promote writing for others too. Hell, just a general "Art and Writing" section would be good. Surely it couldn't hurt?

Edited on by CaveDweller

CaveDweller

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8504-5986 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben-CD

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

649. Posted:

Can we add some sort of on-screen notification to warn us if anyone has posted while we were writing our post, and then show us the new post?

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

650. Posted:

Nobodys_Angel wrote:

Can we add some sort of on-screen notification to warn us if anyone has posted while we were writing our post, and then show us the new post?

GASP you want to stop all ninjas? u_u

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

FrancisvonBacon

651. Posted:

I don't think this has been suggested yet, but I think it would be better if the "Reply to This Topic" box was above the page links. I do not like to have to scroll through a list of pages just to reply.

Metallica shall always have a place in my heart Mega brony! Rarity is best pony.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Roleplaying Frank's Team:
Flare( Flareon ) X LV. 35
Aip( Aipom ) X LV. 2
Wadd( Sewaddle ) X LV. 3
Sandman( Sandile ) X LV. 3
2,500 Pokedollars

3DS Friend Code: 1864-9226-6000

AuthorMessage

Raylax

652. Posted:

SirFrancisBacon wrote:

I don't think this has been suggested yet, but I think it would be better if the "Reply to This Topic" box was above the page links. I do not like to have to scroll through a list of pages just to reply.

There's a Post Reply button at the top just below the thread title, on the right. That'll take you straight to the reply box :)

@antdickens the query string is missing from the post reply link, so it loads the first page of the thread and anchors to that pages' reply box, rather than just anchoring to the one on the currently viewed page. Can you tweak that?

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage

Varia01

653. Posted:

I have an idea. Perhaps you can send emails to those who posts get quoted on the forums

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

shinesprite

654. Posted:

Hmmm, it really surprises me that, for this year's E3, the site hasn't taken on a new look.

Where's your Electronic Entertainment Expo spirit nintendolife?

Currently Playing Mario Kart 8, Rayman Legends
Recently Completed - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Rayman Origins

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

655. Posted:

A more mobile friendly chat. I know its easier said than done but chat is kinda lame on the majority of less complex web unabled devices. It would be higly appreciated. I know computer science isnt as easy as it looks; however the NL tech team had done an amazing job with this website. Consider it more of a suggestion rather than a expectation. Thanks, NL tech team! :)

Edited on by GamecubeMan

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

CROSSBOWIA

656. Posted:

there should be a place where you can give ideas for future games and game systems

I can be very smart when it comes to mario trivia and games.I know dozens of mario characters and play around 20 mario games.also know almost every power up to exist

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

657. Posted:

CROSSBOWIA wrote:

there should be a place where you can give ideas for future games and game systems

You can make a thread about that. What you want already exists.

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, inFamous: Second Son, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

AuthorMessage

eviLaTtenDant

658. Posted:

Varia01 wrote:

I have an idea. Perhaps you can send emails to those who posts get quoted on the forums

Good call. Love that feature for the comments you make on the main page.

Number 2? Says who? >=o]

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

659. Posted:

Hello I am new user with great idea that I exchange for full mahderatar powers.

Give them to me and I make grate things happen.

Tank you,

Alex

<3

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

NerdyAndiKnowit

660. Posted:

MY SUGGESTION:

Ok, so have you ever been on this site called "Goodreads?" It's this website that's all about books. There's a feature on there that suggests new books to you based on the ones you've already read. Also, it includes fun quizzes and polls.

I think it would be cool if Nintendo Life took that idea and made it video-game themed, you know?

May the Triforce be with you.