Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 621 to 640 of 2,593

Jaz007

It be nice if we could directly post photos from our computer or phone or whatever. You can do it for your avatar so why not normal photo posting.

Jaz007

shrew

it's probably been suggested a thousand times before, but a preview feature for posting would be great. Keep up the good work.

shrew

MrsPickles

A friend/ follow feature that allows you to easily access other people's info page, and see what they were commenting on etc.

MrsPickles

antonvaltaz

Posted this in a different thread, then realised that this is probably the right place for it...

It would be really nice if the Wii U eShop 'Games > Out Now' section listed VC games as well as original content, just like the 3DS eShop section does...

antonvaltaz

Nintendo Network ID: antonvaltaz123 | Twitter:

Fikachu

I wish we'd be able to send friend requests to fellow members

[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com][/url]

Tasuki

Just a thought but what about putting the contact link at the top of the page instead of all the way at the bottom? I have noticed alot of people lately when they want to contact a mod or an admin they will put it in the middle of the thread and I know the chances of you guys missing a single message in a thread is high. I am not sure how much work that would entail and that might be a bigger pain in the butt to move, but I just thought it would be easier for people to see if they need to get in contact with you.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Pichuka97

How about a favorite users list and a messaging system to send messages to each other.

Favorite Games: Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Call of Duty: Black Ops, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and Mega Man 5.
My Backlog
Sonic is AMAZING!! Nintendo is AMAZING!! I AM AMAZING!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3887-5606-5777 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7746-7284 | Nintendo Network ID: Pichuka97

LzWinky

Tasuki wrote:

Just a thought but what about putting the contact link at the top of the page instead of all the way at the bottom? I have noticed alot of people lately when they want to contact a mod or an admin they will put it in the middle of the thread and I know the chances of you guys missing a single message in a thread is high. I am not sure how much work that would entail and that might be a bigger pain in the butt to move, but I just thought it would be easier for people to see if they need to get in contact with you.

And it's not easy to spot if you don't already know where it is.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

theblackdragon

Actually, it used to be at the top of the page — i guess the 'contact us' button was moved... i hadn't even noticed, haha, but to be honest i haven't really noticed any sudden increase in users not using it. feels about the same IMO :3
edit: i see what happened — apparently it was moved when the onmousehover 'channels' option was added to the site to take care of the tab clutter at the top of the page, haha. but i still can't say that i see an increase now in users unable to find the link. the only difference now is probably that we have twice the users is all :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Whopper744

Funny you all mentioned that. I just used the contact us button to ask about using an avatar that could have spoilers for a game in it....
I found the button pretty easy myself. A lot of sites have that near the bottom that I've seen.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

theblackdragon

@Joshers744: I agree, most websites you go to nowadays have all their fine print and contact information at the bottom. if anything, that should make things easier for our users to find if they're looking :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Tasuki

Ok no worries than. Obviously I have no way of knowing if it works or not I am just going by what I see in threads thats all. I have noticed in increase in

@TBD: Why did you change my pic blah blah blah in the middle of an ongoing thread and be quite honest it disrupts the flow of the thread. That and I know that you all just dont hang around the forums all day (even though I am sure we would all like that) and I thought that maybe its because some people didnt know we have the contact button.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CaveDweller

I'm sure someone probably brought this up before I did, but why doesn't Nintendo Life have it's own "User Reviews" section? On sites like these it's sometimes nice to get a second opinion on both current games and ones that were released years ago - and not just from the site staff but also from your fellow readers who you frequently interact with. Not to mention, it would be nice to see a site based around game journalism to promote writing for others too. Hell, just a general "Art and Writing" section would be good. Surely it couldn't hurt?

Edited on by CaveDweller

CaveDweller

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8504-5986 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben-CD

Happy_Mask

Nobodys_Angel wrote:

Can we add some sort of on-screen notification to warn us if anyone has posted while we were writing our post, and then show us the new post?

GASP you want to stop all ninjas? u_u

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

FrancisvonBacon

I don't think this has been suggested yet, but I think it would be better if the "Reply to This Topic" box was above the page links. I do not like to have to scroll through a list of pages just to reply.

Metallica shall always have a place in my heart Mega brony! Rarity is best pony.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Roleplaying Frank's Team:
Flare( Flareon ) X LV. 35
Aip( Aipom ) X LV. 2
Wadd( Sewaddle ) X LV. 3

3DS Friend Code: 1864-9226-6000

Raylax

SirFrancisBacon wrote:

I don't think this has been suggested yet, but I think it would be better if the "Reply to This Topic" box was above the page links. I do not like to have to scroll through a list of pages just to reply.

There's a Post Reply button at the top just below the thread title, on the right. That'll take you straight to the reply box

@antdickens the query string is missing from the post reply link, so it loads the first page of the thread and anchors to that pages' reply box, rather than just anchoring to the one on the currently viewed page. Can you tweak that?

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

FireMario887

I have an idea. Perhaps you can send emails to those who posts get quoted on the forums

FireMario887

shinesprite

Hmmm, it really surprises me that, for this year's E3, the site hasn't taken on a new look.

Where's your Electronic Entertainment Expo spirit nintendolife?

shinesprite

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic