Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 661 to 680 of 2,571

Philip_J_Reed

Jaz007 wrote:

I think it would be nice if things of extreme vulgarity were deleted from locked topics.

We do try to do this...if we missed something, shoot us a note through the contact form.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Andyv01

Many thanks to you both

Will try using these vision globules next time...

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

Tasuki

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Tasuki (I got his name right!) Link's broken, and even I'm not sure which thread you're referring to.

Thanks I fixed it now. And I was just getting use to your way of spelling my name.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

FireMario887

What about friend requesting?

FireMario887

Geonjaha

Tasuki wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

I want a Private Message implemented so I can PM other NL people.

Ant has already said the reason for no PM here. Some users have an account on Backloggery.com and use the PM there to PM each other.

That's not much of a reason though. Other sites also put up Nintendo news, have forums, and post reviews. By that logic this site shouldn't exist.

If it's too much work then I guess I can see why not - but it is of popular demand on the site; one of the most requested features, and shouldn't be brushed aside just because another site on the internet has this feature.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Tasuki

Geonjaha wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

Ant has already said the reason for no PM here. Some users have an account on Backloggery.com and use the PM there to PM each other.

That's not much of a reason though. Other sites also put up Nintendo news, have forums, and post reviews. By that logic this site shouldn't exist.

If it's too much work then I guess I can see why not - but it is of popular demand on the site; one of the most requested features, and shouldn't be brushed aside just because another site on the internet has this feature.

I wasn't brushing it aside I was just suggesting to the person who asked another alternative since a PM system will not likely happen here soon. Ant has stated in this post https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/feedback/messaging_system why there is no PM system and why there probably wont be anytime soon. So instead of just hounding the poor guy about a PM system I suggested an alternative.

Honestly I can see Ant's point on why there is no PM system and quiet frankly I like that there isn't one. I have an account on another game site that does have PMs and sad thing is all I get in it is spam from "guests" trying to sell me stuff or send me to some website. No thank I can do without that. Also in this day and age of Facebook and emails I dont see why forums sites like Nintendo Life would even need a PM system.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

FireMario887

Spoiler box:

Test

This is how a spoiler box could be done.

FireMario887

ITAFTRS

I have a suggestion of improvement which is featured at some forums: That you - when you're logged on - actually can press the "new" icon in a forum thread, and it will automatically direct you to the first post posted since last time you visited that thread. Makes it easier to read all the new replies, instead of just searching for the ones you haven't read yet.

ITAFTRS

Jaz007

DdFixen wrote:

I have a suggestion of improvement which is featured at some forums: That you - when you're logged on - actually can press the "new" icon in a forum thread, and it will automatically direct you to the first post posted since last time you visited that thread. Makes it easier to read all the new replies, instead of just searching for the ones you haven't read yet.

This is in effect already.

Jaz007

Drawdler

@8BitSamurai I would personally prefer it being a "click to reveal" instead. "Highlight to reveal" boxes always get to me, since I mainly use an iPad, which can't use that feature. It forces you to copy the spoiler content somewhere to read it which is very annoying for lengthy ones.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Fikachu

I wish this site's "Location" tab (located in the Profile Preferences page) would rename "Occupied Palestinian Territory" as "Palestine"

[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com][/url]

CanisWolfred

Tasuki wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

I wasn't brushing it aside I was just suggesting to the person who asked another alternative since a PM system will not likely happen here soon. Ant has stated in this post https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/feedback/messaging_system why there is no PM system and why there probably wont be anytime soon. So instead of just hounding the poor guy about a PM system I suggested an alternative.

Honestly I can see Ant's point on why there is no PM system and quiet frankly I like that there isn't one. I have an account on another game site that does have PMs and sad thing is all I get in it is spam from "guests" trying to sell me stuff or send me to some website. No thank I can do without that. Also in this day and age of Facebook and emails I dont see why forums sites like Nintendo Life would even need a PM system.

Yeah, I agree. Though there are methods to limit spammers' use of PMs, Bullying and other abuses of the system are still very much unavoidable. I think having comments on profiles would be a much better alternative, for instance, a least for what Ant can do.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

JunkosBoobies

I know this has been asked before,But can we have a way to change an Avatar via url? I had to change my Avatar on 3DS Browser (And you know how terrible that Browser is),Because there isn't a way to change Avatar on Wii U Browser.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

fushimushi

I have an idea, what if Nintendolife develops a website for the 3DS itself and/or the Wii U? That would be really awesome if you guys can actually make an interactive website for the 3DS and/or the Wii U.

3DS FC: 2938-6842-2680
PSN: distantwolfx44
~HARD CORE OTAKU~
The Coldfire's Backlog
Raptr Profile/Game collection

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6842-2680 | Twitter:

Jaz007

Perhaps it would be a good idea to put self banned instead of just banned on someone's profile when they ask for a ban so people aren't left to wonder what happened.

Jaz007

Jaz007

Can we sticky the friend code topic in the 3DS section as well as online gaming so people stop making freind code topics?

Jaz007

Andyv01

A "High Score's" forum channel, possibly beneath the "Retro" tab. Also (unless im just being daft and not seeing it) some sort of word search browser to check if forum topics already exist.

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

CFCrusader

First of all, I think that displaying the latest topic name next to "8 minutes ago by CFCrusader" ect. For example, if I were to post in a topic called "2DS announced!", then on the main forums instead of it just saying "1 minute ago by CFCrusader", it'd say "2DS announced! 1 minute ago by CFCrusader". My second suggestion is putting the chat link somewhere visible, or does it take away from the main forums? Or is it there but I'm stupid and can't see it? XD

Do you know why they call me THE GAME? It's because... you just lost it, bro. ^^

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic