Suggestions, Ideas & Feedback Forum

Topic: Ideas for the site

Showing 661 to 680 of 782

AuthorMessage

Pianomanfreak

661. Posted:

Hey when I was on goldensunrealm we used to make poll topics have you ever thought of making poll topics?

My Youtube channel!

3DS Friend Code: 4425-2766-8363 | Nintendo Network ID: Pianomanfreak

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

662. Posted:

This has probably been mentioned before (600 posts, not feasible to go through it all), but maybe spoiler boxes for the message boards? Like, you need to highlight the box to reveal the spoiler-ridden contents.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

663. Posted:

8BitSamurai wrote:

This has probably been mentioned before (600 posts, not feasible to go through it all), but maybe spoiler boxes for the message boards? Like, you need to highlight the box to reveal the spoiler-ridden contents.

hear hear, great idea .

Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, Batman: Arkham Origins (new game plus), Valkria Chronicles, and Uncharted 2.

AuthorMessage

Pianomanfreak

664. Posted:

8BitSamurai wrote:

we have that at goldensunrealm too we also have a members list and a birthday thread as well.

My Youtube channel!

AuthorMessage

MasterChordles

665. Posted:

Might have been suggested, but I'm too lazy to read through it. But how about highlighting miiverse posts? You could gather all the favorite posts of the week, and feature it on the site.

What the what?
"The pain goes away, but your work always remains." - Masahiro Sakurai
Miiverse page: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/GigaBlizzard
Nintendo network ID: GigaBlizzard

AuthorMessage

Orngeblu

666. Posted:

I want a Private Message implemented so I can PM other NL people.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

AuthorMessage

Pianomanfreak

667. Posted:

How about an inbox

My Youtube channel!

AuthorMessage

NoUsernameHere

668. Posted:

@OrngeBlu There will be no PM Feature for a while. :P
@Pianomanfreak How about no?

Edited on by NoUsernameHere

Buying: SSB4 (3DS and Wii U), Pokemon OR/AS (3DS) The Wonderful 101 (Wii U), DKC: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
Backlog
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ CLICK NAOW OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
My Bio by Dark-Luigi
T3H K00L KR@B
Formerly PSI_King, WarioMan and Ace_The_Elf.

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

669. Posted:

Orngeblu wrote:

Ant has already said the reason for no PM here. Some users have an account on Backloggery.com and use the PM there to PM each other.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

670. Posted:

I think it would be nice if things of extreme vulgarity were deleted from locked topics.

Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, Batman: Arkham Origins (new game plus), Valkria Chronicles, and Uncharted 2.

AuthorMessage

Andyv01

671. Posted:

A swap shop perhaps? A forum topic where people post there unplayed games, location and 3DS/other friend code. If someone is in the same town/city they can potentially swap there old unplayed physical games as oppose to collecting dust or selling them for next to nothing as part exchange.

Not sure of the legality of such a thing but...

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

樹懶です!

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

672. Posted:

Andyv01 wrote:

A swap shop perhaps? A forum topic where people post there unplayed games, location and 3DS/other friend code. If someone is in the same town/city they can potentially swap there old unplayed physical games as oppose to collecting dust or selling them for next to nothing as part exchange.

There's a thread for that, I'd give you a link, but I believe it's stickied under the retro, or general discussion forums.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

673. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Andyv01 wrote:

There's a thread for that, I'd give you a link, but I believe it's stickied under the retro, or general discussion forums.

Well there is this thread here

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/the_new...

and if you want to meet up to do the business I am sure you can arrange something in that thread.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

674. Posted:

@Tasuki (I got his name right!) Link's broken, and even I'm not sure which thread you're referring to.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

675. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

I think it would be nice if things of extreme vulgarity were deleted from locked topics.

We do try to do this...if we missed something, shoot us a note through the contact form. :)

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Andyv01

676. Posted:

Many thanks to you both :)

Will try using these vision globules next time...

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

樹懶です!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

677. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Tasuki (I got his name right!) Link's broken, and even I'm not sure which thread you're referring to.

Thanks I fixed it now. :) And I was just getting use to your way of spelling my name. :P

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Varia01

678. Posted:

What about friend requesting?

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

679. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

Ant has already said the reason for no PM here. Some users have an account on Backloggery.com and use the PM there to PM each other.

That's not much of a reason though. Other sites also put up Nintendo news, have forums, and post reviews. By that logic this site shouldn't exist.

If it's too much work then I guess I can see why not - but it is of popular demand on the site; one of the most requested features, and shouldn't be brushed aside just because another site on the internet has this feature.

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

680. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

That's not much of a reason though. Other sites also put up Nintendo news, have forums, and post reviews. By that logic this site shouldn't exist.

If it's too much work then I guess I can see why not - but it is of popular demand on the site; one of the most requested features, and shouldn't be brushed aside just because another site on the internet has this feature.

I wasn't brushing it aside I was just suggesting to the person who asked another alternative since a PM system will not likely happen here soon. Ant has stated in this post http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/feedback/messaging_system why there is no PM system and why there probably wont be anytime soon. So instead of just hounding the poor guy about a PM system I suggested an alternative.

Honestly I can see Ant's point on why there is no PM system and quiet frankly I like that there isn't one. I have an account on another game site that does have PMs and sad thing is all I get in it is spam from "guests" trying to sell me stuff or send me to some website. No thank I can do without that. Also in this day and age of Facebook and emails I dont see why forums sites like Nintendo Life would even need a PM system.

My Backlog