Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 541 to 560 of 2,601

theblackdragon

RainbowCrasher wrote:

Less thought police about hacking. Not all hacking is illegal.

The Rules are the Rules, my friend. We don't care what you do in your own home, just don't talk about it here. There are plenty of other places on the internet that embrace those sorts of discussions, and you're welcome to give them a try.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Jaz007

CactusJackson wrote:

Poll option for the forums. Sort of like Gamefaqs'.

agreed, fantastic idea. I also agree with putting in a user review system,

Jaz007

retired_account

@antdickens On the iPhone, it'd be awesome if you could figure out a way to disable the auto-zooming when you tap the text bar in the chatroom, and also maybe increase the chat font size a bit or something. Right now chat isn't very iPhone-friendly.

retired_account

Vincent294

Improve the forums. Make them auto-update like the comments, and make the editing, etc. done in a pop-up window.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

shingi_70

Bring back the podcast or more video content. Seeing as this is really the only downloads focused site would love a podcast based around it. Like have a Google+ Hangout where a few writers and readers talk the weeks news like the gunman Clive story.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kereke12

Hey you guys are great bu it would be cool if you guys put a feature on where you can add people that would be awesome

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

Vincent294

New problem: Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy, the cancelled 3DS title, is in the hot games because people commented about ACIII: Liberation on its page. Make cancelled games not appear on the hot games page, because I thought it was uncancelled and was like hell yeah, I've gotta pre-order this immediately.

Vincent294

Vincent294

Hey, I just checked out the new Xbox site. Nice job guys. I've been waiting for that, and now it's here. Keep up the good work on all the sites.
Edit: It was a Kinect site before, but now it has a broader subject of all things Xbox, so it's not all new.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Marioman64

not sure if this has been suggested yet (I have to get to class and have NO time to read through everything), but remember way back when this was vc-reviews.com and all the comments had little flags next to them showing where everyone was from?

you should put those back please, they were really useful. someone said somewhere "where's the update for today?" and i responded "it's not today, it's thursday for download stuff", but then i realized later they could've been talking about their country... yeah put flags back plz

Marioman64

Vincent294

I just noticed a big issue: the report button. I tried to quote someone, and I think I clicked it, because it left nothing in the comment box. I sure hope the report thing wasn't clicked, because it's so close. If it was, and I'm not going to experiment, I hope it also has a confirmation option too. It should be relocated somewhere else in the comment box in case it happens again.
Edit: Also, while you're at it, try improving the forums: make it update in real time like the comments, and add a reply button. In the comments, add a quote button and an option in your settings to limit the comments displayed on a news article like how the forums has multiple pages of comments.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Jaz007

A good feature would be to make it so someone's profile shows there past names so it will be easier to recognize them.

Jaz007

theblackdragon

@VincentV: The 'report' option does indeed have a confirmation box where you're asked 'Are you sure you want to REPORT this comment' or something similar, and you can either OK or Cancel. I've clicked it accidentally plenty of times, and in fact I clicked it just now to be absolutely sure, lol. If it doesn't give you that confirmation popup, there's a problem, so please do let us know if it doesn't ask for some reason. only one time over a period of nearly three and a half years has the confirmation box not worked properly, so I'm pretty confident that the system is OK. We know when things have been reported on purpose or on accident, and if we ever need clarification, we always get in touch via e-mail to ask. No big deal :3

Also, if I can cast my own vote, I really hate how lagged out the mainsite article pages get on my computer thanks to the auto-update thing. I seriously cannot leave a mainsite article page open and expect my browser to work properly within the first ten minutes after starting it back up when i get to job#2 or back home after the work day is over. idk if auto-updated comments are even in the works for the forums or not (and I'd rather they weren't tbqh) but if they're gonna be implemented, please may we have an option to turn it off if we don't want them to update automatically?

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Tasuki

Marioman64 wrote:

not sure if this has been suggested yet (I have to get to class and have NO time to read through everything), but remember way back when this was vc-reviews.com and all the comments had little flags next to them showing where everyone was from?

you should put those back please, they were really useful. someone said somewhere "where's the update for today?" and i responded "it's not today, it's thursday for download stuff", but then i realized later they could've been talking about their country... yeah put flags back plz

Ant has already addressed this. He said that the reason for the removal of the flags is because they were more of a hassle. People get treated differently if you know where they are from and such. Besides if you want to know where some is from you can just click on their avatar.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

@TBD: I agree with the auto comment. Heck I dont even like it in the news articles. Often at times I am trying to typing something and my comment box keeps getting pushed down while I am still typing. So annoying especially if a flood of comments come in.

Now I have been to a few websites where after you hit a post reply button a window pops up saying "a new comment has been posted on this thread do you want to see it and edit yours" or something to that affect. Now I wouldn't mind that.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

WesCash

Jaz007 wrote:

A good feature would be to make it so someone's profile shows there past names so it will be easier to recognize them.

That would be appreciated. It can be very hard to tell whether someone is a new user or whether they have just changed their name and avatar.
What a person is saying should be more important than who they are, but I can interpret and analyze posts better when I know who that post is coming from.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

VesperPrism

2 Ideas I have thought of:

1 - Being new to the Nintendo world/community I would like a place where I could potentially meet new gamers and make some friends for when Multi-player (online) games become available, maybe a friends Topic. This may already be available but as I am new to the site I am unsure where it could be.

2 - Either delete or relocate Locked threads, there are just to many.

VesperPrism

Drawdler

WesCash wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

That would be appreciated. It can be very hard to tell whether someone is a new user or whether they have just changed their name and avatar.
What a person is saying should be more important than who they are, but I can interpret and analyze posts better when I know who that post is coming from.

How about for an indefinete time after they change their name, they automatically get a note "Formerly named [user]" somewhere in their signature, like how you can have online info set and it shows up at the bottom of your signature?
Profiles might be less bothersome to some people though.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Raylax

I'll echo what others have said - the auto-update comments is a speed drain, a bit buggy, and has a habit of bouncing your reply box off the bottom of the screen during a busy discussion. How about if we swap it out for a simple count with a 'View new' button?

Untitled

The server's only firing back a "new post you guys" alert to keep the ticker updated rather than full comments, and the user gets to decide when to actually load in the comments. Less server bandwidth, happier browsers

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Vincent294

theblackdragon wrote:

@VincentV: The 'report' option does indeed have a confirmation box where you're asked 'Are you sure you want to REPORT this comment' or something similar, and you can either OK or Cancel. I've clicked it accidentally plenty of times, and in fact I clicked it just now to be absolutely sure, lol. If it doesn't give you that confirmation popup, there's a problem, so please do let us know if it doesn't ask for some reason. only one time over a period of nearly three and a half years has the confirmation box not worked properly, so I'm pretty confident that the system is OK. We know when things have been reported on purpose or on accident, and if we ever need clarification, we always get in touch via e-mail to ask. No big deal :3

Also, if I can cast my own vote, I really hate how lagged out the mainsite article pages get on my computer thanks to the auto-update thing. I seriously cannot leave a mainsite article page open and expect my browser to work properly within the first ten minutes after starting it back up when i get to job#2 or back home after the work day is over. idk if auto-updated comments are even in the works for the forums or not (and I'd rather they weren't tbqh) but if they're gonna be implemented, please may we have an option to turn it off if we don't want them to update automatically?

I want auto-updating in the forums, but I just came up with an idea: they should add it everywhere, but add an option in your profile settings to disable it. Also, good thing about the report feature. I guess the quote option isn't 100% perfect. Good to know; thanks for the info.

Vincent294

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic