Suggestions, Ideas & Feedback Forum

Topic: Ideas for the site

Showing 541 to 560 of 796

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

541. Posted:

Wouldn't old avatars eat up bandwidth? I don't think that's wise when you can simply... You know... Save them to your computer. :P

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

NoUsernameHere

542. Posted:

Nibelilt wrote:

Wouldn't old avatars eat up bandwidth? I don't think that's wise when you can simply... You know... Save them to your computer. :P

I'll usually delete them after a long period of Time :P

Buying: SSB4 (3DS and Wii U), Pokemon OR/AS (3DS) The Wonderful 101 (Wii U), DKC: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
Backlog
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ CLICK NAOW OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
My Bio by Dark-Luigi
T3H K00L KR@B
Formerly PSI_King, WarioMan and Ace_The_Elf.

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

543. Posted:

User reviews. Game Informer has them, and I like them. At least a star-based user review system or something.

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

544. Posted:

Machamp_King wrote:

Nibelilt wrote:

I'll usually delete them after a long period of Time :P

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows-vista/Create-a-new...

On my computer I have my folder, then an avatar images folder for the non-resized versions, then three avatar folders for the 80px, 100px, and 120px versions.
It does use space on your PC, but if avatars that usually take up less than 100KB are a memory issue for you, you probably need a new computer anyway...
The issue with this suggestion is that it could potentially waste a ton of space on the server for something that can be pretty easily bypassed.

Edited on by Drawdler

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

AuthorMessage

Dashtag

545. Posted:

Hey! I just got an idea. Under "Wii U" in the forums section, it says "Nintendo's first foray into HD gaming and touch-screen in the living room, coming 2012." Which I think could be edited, starting with the removal of "Coming 2012"

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

NoUsernameHere

546. Posted:

How about a photo album on your profile page? (that way i can still see my manga dawn picture on NL)

Buying: SSB4 (3DS and Wii U), Pokemon OR/AS (3DS) The Wonderful 101 (Wii U), DKC: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
Backlog
My Bio by Dark-Luigi
T3H K00L KR@B

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

547. Posted:

Poll option for the forums. Sort of like Gamefaqs'.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

NoUsernameHere

548. Posted:

CactusJackson wrote:

Backlog
My Bio by Dark-Luigi
T3H K00L KR@B

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

549. Posted:

Machamp_King wrote:

CactusJackson wrote:

Thirded. But only after more important things get added. (Direct user-to-user posts and a proper forum search.)

AuthorMessage

DarkCoolEdge

550. Posted:

Gamer reviews.

Poll options.

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter: darkcooledge

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

551. Posted:

Yeah, what was the problem with user reviews? Besides this being a review site, of course, but an official category where user reviews can be marked as unofficial and unproffesional should solve that.

Nibelilt wrote:

Machamp_King wrote:

CactusJackson wrote:

Thirded. But only after more important things get added. (Direct user-to-user posts and a proper forum search.)

I agree with this sentiment. While Polls are great, those two are essential.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

552. Posted:

I've noticed (browsing from an I-Pad at least) that any comments with a word/unspaced phrase that takes up an entire row cause the page to expand to ridiculous proportions it renders the content of the site microscopic unless I zoom. This is only a minor inconvenience however, as it only happens on the page with the lengthy comment.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

RainbowCrasher

553. Posted:

Less thought police about hacking. Not all hacking is illegal.

Edited on by theblackdragon

"Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

AuthorMessage

Aviator

554. Posted:

RainbowCrasher wrote:

The problem is, at least the way I see it (can't speak for dragon or chicken) but it would be easier to have a no hacking rule than have exceptions to the rule.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

555. Posted:

RainbowCrasher wrote:

The Rules are the Rules, my friend. We don't care what you do in your own home, just don't talk about it here. There are plenty of other places on the internet that embrace those sorts of discussions, and you're welcome to give them a try.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

556. Posted:

CactusJackson wrote:

agreed, fantastic idea. I also agree with putting in a user review system,

Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, Batman: Arkham Origins (new game plus), Valkria Chronicles, and Uncharted 2.

AuthorMessage

pixelman

557. Posted:

@antdickens On the iPhone, it'd be awesome if you could figure out a way to disable the auto-zooming when you tap the text bar in the chatroom, and also maybe increase the chat font size a bit or something. Right now chat isn't very iPhone-friendly.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

558. Posted:

Improve the forums. Make them auto-update like the comments, and make the editing, etc. done in a pop-up window.

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

559. Posted:

Bring back the podcast or more video content. Seeing as this is really the only downloads focused site would love a podcast based around it. Like have a Google+ Hangout where a few writers and readers talk the weeks news like the gunman Clive story.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

kereke12

560. Posted:

Hey you guys are great bu it would be cool if you guys put a feature on where you can add people that would be awesome

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12