Showing 1 to 20 of 27
1. Posted: Thu 14th May 2009 17:20 BST
Do you ever wish this was online? Instead of local
Wii U: MDee14
Tweet Me @MDee14
Please check out my podcast: http://rubntugpodcast.blogspot.com/
Nintendo Network ID: MDee14
2. Posted: Thu 14th May 2009 17:49 BST
Yeah, because local doesn't make much sense. Why chat with somebody over Pictochat who's sitting right next to you or a few feet away?
3. Posted: Thu 14th May 2009 20:16 BST
I've never even used it 'cos I don't know anyone local who has a DS. Whenever I'm out some place and I see a kid playing on their DS I always want to ask them to 'chat' with me so I can give it a try. Seeing as I'm 43, I somehow don't think that would go down too well with their parents LOL
My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery
4. Posted: Thu 14th May 2009 20:36 BST
If it was online I would definitely use it. I haven't gotten the opportunity to try it out just yet and considering that it only works locally I may never get that chance either.
Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart
5. Posted: Thu 14th May 2009 20:56 BST
Hopefully a upcoming update will provide this. (ha ha NintendoLife Picto chatroom _)
6. Posted: Thu 14th May 2009 21:01 BST
I totally wish it had wi-fi capabilities. sigh.
BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight
Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon
7. Posted: Thu 14th May 2009 22:03 BST
i say we start harassing Nintendo
8. Posted: Thu 14th May 2009 22:39 BST
nintendo is till worried children will meet with bad people online and then get kidnapped
This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare
9. Posted: Fri 22nd May 2009 09:28 BST
i wish nintendo would give tought of pictochat online..as for the bad people online..i think nintendi just might add a word-filtering machine
It's all fun and games.Chat on Nintendo Life.Follow me on Twitter, it's totally free.
10. Posted: Fri 22nd May 2009 09:36 BST
I think by "bad people" he rather ment pedophiles and kidnappers and since the DS is for everyone so for kids, too it's dangerous... there even was a reportage of the pictochat beeing a place for pedos even though it's "just" a 300 feet or so radius. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orpgUPNSRPI)
Edited on Fri 22nd May, 2009 @ 09:37 by Roopa132
Probably getting a Vita with LBP soon...
11. Posted: Fri 22nd May 2009 23:00 BST
But you know the Nintendo DS and DSi oh yeah and the Wii, ALL HAVE PARENTAL CONTROL. Are you serious that people cant take 2 minutes to watch their child or even setup a password and/or lock features on a device. That is sad, i mean look people with a DSi turn it on, hit settings, go to the 3rd option, what's that parental controls oh my, now that wasn't hard
12. Posted: Fri 22nd May 2009 23:56 BST
well maybe if picto-chat online had friend codes only it would be safe but if its chat rooms like on Xat chat then thats a no-no becuse thats random people and not people you added just like in windows live messenger
EDIT: i think child protection services is just telling you how to raise your child and makeing worthless money buy some stupid add's like your child is very stupid he will do this becuse you know kids are realy stupid
im 13 and i have my own website! and i have never been kidnapped and i have been on the internet sence i was 3 this is somebody with experiencehere dont lissten to them and follow these simple rules
1. you can say were your country and state is but never give away your town!2. you can give your first name but never your middle or last.3. you can know if someone is a child simpily buy if they try to back away from you becuse they think you a bad person but your actualy someone who is the same age or younger. becuse they can also think your a melester 4. the older you get the less likely you will be kidnapped and if you own a company you can give away alot more than a kid could.5. when websites say your not old anouth to join this site have your parents review the site. when i started playing runescape they said i had to be 13 but i started at 11 becuse my parents reviewed the game as being harmless 6. have fun! i have actualy made friends with kids the same age from alover the world simpily by knowing how they act and if there willing to show you a picture and you send them a picture of you back and study them and ask them realy hard if there a mellester
Edited on Sat 23rd May, 2009 @ 00:14 by geek-master
13. Posted: Sat 9th Jan 2010 02:36 GMT
Do you really think people r going to give away personal info? I mean its crazy. I think PictoChat should be online.
14. Posted: Sat 9th Jan 2010 02:42 GMT
Yeah, that would be a nice idea. But there should be age groups, just so the kids dont end up chatting with the trash talking idiots.
wont be on here anymore
15. Posted: Sat 9th Jan 2010 02:44 GMT
I'd rather just have voice chat support.
16. Posted: Sat 9th Jan 2010 02:46 GMT
Why don't you just have a friend system?
The Pie O' Bob be watching you...
17. Posted: Sat 9th Jan 2010 05:26 GMT
I think it should be something that you have to at least download of the shop channel, rather than an update. Even if it was free, it would still help.I think that if it was a friend system, it would work perfectly!
Just let it happen.
Nintendo Network ID: Percentful
18. Posted: Sat 9th Jan 2010 06:26 GMT
It'd be cool, but I can see why Nintendo hasn't done it. Things would get out of hand real quick.
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf
19. Posted: Sat 9th Jan 2010 09:31 GMT
considering the system's target age is silly, impressionable kids, i absolutely believe there would be kids giving out personal info and people trying to hook up with minors via PictoChat, 'friend' system or not. too easy to make random 'friends' online, which ruins it for the rest of us.
20. Posted: Sat 9th Jan 2010 09:31 GMT
Friend system seems the best way to do it.
Squadala! We're off!3DS Friend Code: 3566-1684-2813Xbox360 Gamertag:ThatreggaeguyAdd me and I'll add back!Old Username: thelawyer
Sorry, this topic has been locked.