Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 8,061 to 8,080 of 9,620

Hairmanban19

@Hansausage i also really like Pixelli! I downloaded it the day you released the demo and I've been playing it since, though, I wish I could save the map I made yesterday cause it took a while placing all those little pixels to make the side-view of a cave with lava, water, and torches! So I really can't wait until you release the new Pixelli update, cause your change log sounds pretty sweet! So good luck on the update! Oh and there's this one bug on Pixelli where if I scroll through the blocks I can place a certain amount of times it just exits the game, though, It takes a while. But that's only a small problem with me.

Edited on by Hairmanban19

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Slayer

I am armed with the almighty knowledge of arrays thanks to Coinz's tutorials. Seriously, that's useful.
I'm going to watch for the next Pixelli update, because that game is FUN.
I don't know when I should take a break from Apocalypse Rising and make Ghost Scrolls I...

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

InsertPi

@ramstrong you should get a Wikia account. We have gotten some more admins/chat mods to keep everything in order, and it has worked out. I think we'd really benefit from you being there!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

ramstrong

randomous wrote:

@ramstrong Cool, does the program turn a GRP into a BG sheet? (snip) As for the "big-headedness", I can't ban people for being full of themselves lol.

Yes, it does. It takes GRP0 and turn it into SCU0 and BGU0,BGU1,BGU2 as needed. I'm working on the full 64x64 version. Will need 6 GRP screens for that. That's why you see OX,OY there even though they're zero for now.

I'm having trouble believing that no one has done it by now. Perusing SCRED was a huge pain, and I think that people would rather write their own Tile Ripper than using CHRED+SCRED. Painting background using 8 pixel grid would have been preferable to using SCRED, IMO.

Anyway, expect to see the finished product by this Friday on my simpletongeek blogspot. I'd better stick with my personal blog for now, since it, being personal, means I can kick out such person.

@IAmAPersson
Thanks for the invite. In case you missed it, I'm really starved for time. I have to be picky which community to join because I can't do it all due to lack of time. So, make it worthwhile for me to join, and I'll join. Otherwise, I'm happy to let others repost/link my code there for me. You're not missing anything since you still have my codes, and I can't spend much time participating in your chats anyway.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Slayer

Hairmanban19 wrote:

@0Games is Ghost Scrolls an RPG?

Yep. I've planned it all out. I've even planned out a really overpowered secret too.
Do note that when I name the most powerful sword in the game Soulcalibur, I mean no reference to the Soulcalibur series.

Pixelrobin

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

supa secret game in production

Not a secret anymore is it now?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

TAINT_Zzyex

you don't know what it is. agttpk

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

noxuss

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

All Glory to the Pixel King? are you making that? I just googled it.

noxuss

Slayer

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

A Gold Truth Telling Pokemon Killer. You can't be making THAT though, could you?
I'm going to work on Apocalypse Rising. Hansausage, the achievements and money are cool, but they move up the health bar. Is there some way you can make them be earned once and not again?
And I think I'll move the health bar to the bottom screen. I can make scrolling soon enough once I get the map limits done.

Edited on by Slayer

Hairmanban19

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

My Google search came up with All Glory to the Pixel King and some kinda song.

LeviCelJir

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

A Giant Talking Turd Paying Kash?

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

Hairmanban19

0Games wrote:

I can't check my hours. Why? DSi XL...
It's gonna break down soon enough. Sometimes when I lay it on a table instead of holding it, the screen goes black until I lift it. I've had it for years, so no surprise, as well as other problems. Getting a 3DS XL next.
I've started planning control numbers of all the sprites. 0 is the player, I'm setting the bullets that are fired to 1, because I'll clear the sprite when it's fired a certain distance, which brings me to another question...
How do I detect where a sprite is on the screen? I need to erase the sprite at a certain distance.

Mine does the same thing,except i've only had my 3ds for a year ½ . I hope the maps i made for Apocalypse Rising are helping you! I'm looking foward to playing it!

TAINT_Zzyex

noxuss wrote:

TAINT_Zzyex wrote:

All Glory to the Pixel King? are you making that? I just googled it.

shhhhhhhhhh slowly walks away

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

Slayer

Hairmanban19 wrote:

0Games wrote:

I can't check my hours. Why? DSi XL...
It's gonna break down soon enough. Sometimes when I lay it on a table instead of holding it, the screen goes black until I lift it. I've had it for years, so no surprise, as well as other problems. Getting a 3DS XL next.
I've started planning control numbers of all the sprites. 0 is the player, I'm setting the bullets that are fired to 1, because I'll clear the sprite when it's fired a certain distance, which brings me to another question...
How do I detect where a sprite is on the screen? I need to erase the sprite at a certain distance.

Mine does the same thing,except i've only had my 3ds for a year ½ . I hope the maps i made for Apocalypse Rising are helping you! I'm looking foward to playing it!

Alpha 1.0 is out on the wiki. It isn't as much as what it WILL be, but it's a start. And I figured out that what's turning my XL's screen black is the magnets holding the desk up.
And yes, your maps are REALLY helping.

Edited on by Slayer

randomous

I once made a C# program with a 14-deep nested for-loop structure. That was my sudoku generator lol; it needed to solve the generated puzzles like a human would, and I guess it's not easy for a computer to emulate a human sudoku player. That, and I was lazy.

randomous

Discostew

Now try nested loops inside recursion functions that call itself.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

randomous

@Discostew (stackoverflow). Lol I think I'll stay away from such functions. I try to avoid recursion like the plague. Not that I think it's a bad thing; especially after learning LISP lol. I just don't like dealing with it.

randomous

TobuKatsu

@Discostew Will you ever do a tutorial on Platformer Games?Somepoint after the completion of MM2PTC or sometime during spare time or something?

3DS FC : 4613 - 7463 - 3640
我的名字是TobuKatsu。Меня зовут ТобуКатсу. 私の名前はトブカツです。나는 이름을 케이린 입니다.
很高兴认识你。Очень приятно. よろしくお願いします。 만나서 반가워요.

mystman12

I'm back! I took about a 3 week break from my game and I need to get started again. I was wondering though, could someone do some programming for me? I know it's asking a lot, but I need help on my enemy AI. I've made it so that the two enemies come towards the player, but I have no idea on how to get them to find their way around walls, or work together so that they don't stay on top of each other, etc. If not, if you know of any good tutorials, please let me know. I'll check the tutorial thread again soon, there are some unread posts in there. If I can't get any help, I'll do my best to try and figure it out. Getting out there and trying different things is the best way to learn how to program, after all!

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic