Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 8,041 to 8,060 of 9,620

GraphicGenius

Wow, I've only played Petit Computer for 113 hours.
And Pokemon X for only 2 hours.

Edited on by GraphicGenius

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

Slayer

Hansausage wrote:

Why...Levi I told you not to make this a big deal. Alot of that code in that engine is mine from Pixelli and you don'e even give me credit!?
Pixelli was MINE and I am not even done with it and you are using it for your own use...without giving me crdit.
Anyway @0Games I will have your QR codes up tonight. Sorry for such a late release. Here is what i have done.
Zombie AI
Health (Bar form)
Better movement engine
I bet you could get the rest done amirite?

Yep. Thanks for the help. I'll update your credit on the wiki page.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Pixelrobin

I logged a total of 291 hours into PTC. I could do better than that!

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

UltraWolf2X

Look who came to their senses to make a 2d game similar to Minecraft...

Herpa-Derp Derp!!!
My 3DS Friend Code: 3609-1380-2642

Slayer

If anyone doesn't know, I'm basing Apocalypse Rising sort of off of the Roblox Apocalypse Rising, which is ALSO a DayZ clone.
I just had an excellent idea. Sprite movies! I'm not kidding, that could work! It would be awesome, too. Games and programs are basically all that are being developed, and reading material too, and those are great, but sprite movies would be new, cool, and just not thought of before.

Edited on by Slayer

GraphicGenius

0Games wrote:

I just had an excellent idea. Sprite movies!

Wow! That sounds fun and easy to program.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

LeviCelJir

@Hansausage For the last time I am giving you credit. You don't dictate my life either. If I want to make a game with something that you and twin made and this is a community to share games and help people learn the basics of coding then why can't I? Its all a community where we share games. We are not trying to race and get the most money we can out of each game.The whole way this started because twin said he made an engine and he said I could use it. I had no idea at all you also made it. I know your worried about how no one would want to play pixelii because terraria is well known. I am just going to say this. It sounds like you are doing better than I think I can in weeks. I mean you already have block collision! All I have is block placing breaking, Goofy saving that might or might not get fixed anytime soon, blocks that disappear when you try to save, A bunny with a creepy smily face ( I really need to change it to the real bunny sprite), A stick dude who has the same code as the bunny, and terraria textured blocks! Thats not much in my opinion.
I still have many things to work on before monsters and all the stuff that makes terraria fun. So stop bothering me about it and laugh at how much progress you have and I don't

Edited on by LeviCelJir

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

SmokedSausage

@Leviceljir I'm really sorry, I really did not mezn to make you angry. I was just scared because of how well known Terraria is as a title and thought that Pixelli would go unnoticed. I mean already your Terraria DS Has gained more popularrity than Pixelli in the past 2 days since anouncement. I did not mean to make you not want to make your Terraria port, al I wanted is some credit in my participation in the engine. Please continue with your terraria DS and I can't wait to try it

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

LeviCelJir

Hansausage wrote:

@Leviceljir I'm really sorry, I really did not mezn to make you angry. I was just scared because of how well known Terraria is as a title and thought that Pixelli would go unnoticed. I mean already your Terraria DS Has gained more popularrity than Pixelli in the past 2 days since anouncement. I did not mean to make you not want to make your Terraria port, al I wanted is some credit in my participation in the engine. Please continue with your terraria DS and I can't wait to try it

There everythings A-ok Now everythings back to normal I hope you get alot of people playing pixelli and hope that everything goes good.

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

noxuss

@hansausage Pixelli going unnoticed? Nahh, I am super excited for that. I can't wait for another playable update :3

noxuss

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

I logged a total of 291 hours into PTC. I could do better than that!

I only have about 100 hours, and I seem to be doing fine. Quality, not Quantity. Hey, I know you like graphics, and I don't know if you have the means to convert such graphic into background, so here is a present from me. Just to be sure, only the first 16 colors is usable. If you have more than that, it'll mess up the picture. Just look at the code concerning GSPOIT and change accordingly.

@randomous
Here is an example of "one-screen-code programming challenge". Notice that everything fits into the screen with no scrolling whatsoever. BTW, how is petit wikia? If that site has strict rules against posers (i.e. Some wannabe rookie putting on blackbelt claiming to be Grandmaster) then I shall be tempted to get an account there.

'BGMAKER BY HARRY HARDJONO
CLS:CLEAR:DIM TL$[1024]:MT=-1
OX=0: OY=0:RX=31:RY=23: P$="G2"
?"GRAPHIC?":INPUT P$
LOAD "GRP0:"+P$,FALSE
FOR Y=0 TO RY:FOR X=0 TO RX
X1=X*8:X2=X1+7:Y1=Y*8:Y2=Y1+7
G$="":FOR YY=Y1 TO Y2
FOR XX=X1 TO X2
G$=G$+HEX$(GSPOIT(XX,YY)%16)
NEXT:NEXT
CT=-1:FOR I=MT TO 0 STEP -1
IF G$==TL$[I] THEN CT=I
NEXT
IF CT==-1 THEN GOSUB @SETCHR
BGPUT 0,OX+X,OY+Y,CT,0,0,0
NEXT:NEXT:SAVE "SCU0:T0"
FOR I=0 TO FLOOR(MT/256)
B$="BGU"+STR$(I)
SAVE B$+":B"+STR$(I):NEXT:END
@SETCHR
MT=MT+1:TL$[MT]=G$:CT=MT
BU$="BGU"+STR$(FLOOR(MT/256))
CHRSET BU$,MT%256,G$:RETURN

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Slayer

GraphicGenius wrote:

0Games wrote:

I just had an excellent idea. Sprite movies!

Wow! That sounds fun and easy to program.

Exactly! You just need a good deal of sprite knowledge and text then you're good.
@Hansausage THIS IS AWESOME! Thanks! I'll update this when possible. Why not call this alpha 1.0, by the way? We could release this as 1.0 and 1.1 could have... more. Such as a gun in the hand of the sprite (I have sprites for that and I can put them up in the later updates) more weapons, which I can do, and a zombie spawning system. I was inspired by the Director from Left 4 Dead, which is a very powerful AI that controls the game's spawning.
But anyway, thank you.

Edited on by Slayer

Hairmanban19

@swordx if you don't remember,i can only get on on weekends so that means that on December 1st, when you release DA2's QR codes to me, I'll only get to look for bugs on weekends, sorry if there's any inconvenience caused by that. So if you want someone that can get online on week days to do the testing instead of me then that's fine. Oh and @ChangeV your Terraria clone is looking sweet! Nice Job.

Edited on by Hairmanban19

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

randomous

@ramstrong Cool, does the program turn a GRP into a BG sheet? Also, about the wiki, it's mostly people just learning how to program, but there are a few who already know what they're doing. As for the "big-headedness", I can't ban people for being full of themselves lol. There's always going to be people who think they know better than everyone else. However, I will say that the community is generally supportive, even if they are rather young. In the end, it just depends on how much exposure you want. I think the wiki gets your games out to quite a lot more people, meaning you get more feedback. I'm not saying I'm under the delusion that any game made on Petit Computer is popular when compared against any real game, but getting feedback is always nice.

randomous

Slayer

Before I work on the next Apocalypse Rising update, does anyone have any tutorials for intermediate Petit Computer stuff? I need tutorials that don't constantly go over basics, because those are the only ones I can find. I'll browse the tutorial thread and see what I can find, but that is mostly found with specific things in mind and I just need straightforward knowledge.

TAINT_Zzyex

supa secret game in production

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

Hairmanban19

@Morpheel how is your sandbox-game coming along? The last time you posted here (Which was a long time ago) it sounded like you were kinda close to finishing it. Are you just taking a break from it?

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

SmokedSausage

@Everyone (I hope noone is named that on ninendolife)
I didn't know that so many people actually liked Pixelli and that has motivated me to release the new Pixelli 1.1 Probably tommorow
@0Games Thanks for the feedback on my work. Even though it is actually severly simple...I Sorta skipped out on Arrays though, I am actually still learning them for Maps and Terrain generation
@Leviceiljir I'm glad things aren't as heated up as before. I only hope the best for your take on a Terraria port ~Terraria DS~
Let's end on a Pixelli 1.1 changelog
Movement, World simulator, terrain generation, Block placing/breaking, Limited block collision
Oh and World edit is sorta a thing of the past, but is still located in the "Extras" Menu
Has anyone thought of DLC In PTC?

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic