Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 8,081 to 8,100 of 9,620

noxuss

@0games
The Apoclypse rising sprites didn't work, this is because it won't register the second qr as a petit computer one :c

noxuss

InsertPi

I'm just gonna comment out the FOR loop command in THOLITU. Not working. Anyway, on the bright side, I've added library support! This command, unlike all other commands, is not meant to be confusing. The command to import a library:

#IMPORT <{library name}>

ALL commands belong to a library. The standard command library is called stdcl, standing for Standard Command Library. I'm planning one for advanced commands, one for advanced math (like radicals, trig, etc.), two for graphics (simple and advanced) and two for objects/sprites (simple and advanced).

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

LeviCelJir

Does anyone how to change a background to another one but only that one background type not the rest? I'm trying to make a day/night cycle in terraria ds

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

ramstrong

Leviceljir wrote:

Does anyone how to change a background to another one but only that one background type not the rest? I'm trying to make a day/night cycle in terraria ds

Have you tried changing the color palette?

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

SmokedSausage

Oh wow, I found a bug in Pixelli. But will release tonight. Upon colliding with a built block a crash will happen but i fixed it. Collision is not yet Implemented with built blocks but fully functional with terrain. So Yeah...Release at 10:00 (I know bad time)

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

LeviCelJir

ramstrong wrote:

Leviceljir wrote:

Have you tried changing the color palette?

errrr...... It doesn't work....

InsertPi

Does anyone know of a speedy algorithm to find the cube of a number? I need it for a command in the advml library for THOLITU.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

Espurr

I am currently banned from my 3DS. But anyway, I am new to this thread, but I have been following it for a bit. Anyway, when I get it back, I will code a game called: PRG:YENDOR, or as I call it, The Dungeons of Yendor: Quest of the Psijic. It will be similar to Pixel Dungeon for android users. Any suggestions for mechanics, enemies, etc.?

Also, IAmAPerson, I love Minecraft DS. Please add more and more content!

On a closing note, I know somebody will be good enough to create Dungeon Keeper 1.

Edited on by Espurr

"The heart has reasons the mind knows nothing of."-Blaise Pascal
Pokemon X Friend Code:3883-5184-5725
Safari: Grass
Pokemon: Pansage, Sawsbuck (Spring), Gogoat.

SmokedSausage

Hehe, I am fixing to dissapoint so many people...
I am really sorry but am unable to release Pixelli until 5:30 EST Because of the unavailability of a computer because mine is being used.
Pixelli IS Done but will have to be on wait for release.
I am really sorry guys, I hope you guys still trust me. So yeah...
On a good note I added a "Fly" button on the touchscreen. I can fly.(Was actually severely simple I just had to add 2 more directions you are able to go)

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

InsertPi

@Urchin8 thank you! Unfortunately, Minecraft DS is nearing the end of development. Anyway, if you need help with your game, we are all happy to help!

LeviCelJir

OK Ok oK ok I got the day to night cycle working in Terraria Ds. The next thing I need is a smoother transition From day to night because It's basically like: Yay It's day! dadadadadadadada Yay It's still da-wait it's night? how!? It was day 5 seconds ago hmmmmmmm
So yeah I'm gonna make smoother transition from day to night so It doesn't look as bad.

Pixelrobin

Could someone explain to me how COLSET works? Lets say I wanted something like lava that dims and brightens, how would I do that?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

Could someone explain to me how COLSET works? Lets say I wanted something like lava that dims and brightens, how would I do that?

There are 3 256-color banks for Graphic(GRP), Sprites(SP), and Background(BG). COLSET works on single bank, single color at a time. You need to specify the bank, the color# (index), and the RGB values in hexadecimal string.

Take a look of the example below, and the color turns white, you see that the whole single color changes at once, yet the color of the sprites is still unchanged, until the code actually changes the sprite bank color. Even though each sprites can only use 16 colors, it still works off 256-color bank.

So, the actual display is actually 3*256 colors or 768 color display. BTW, it you want more than 16 color sprites, you can layer the sprites, and use different color pallette(16) for each layer. You're not really limited by 16 colors just because that's the way the sprite engine is set up.

ACLS:CLEAR
SPSET 1,64,0,0,0,0
SPSET 2,64,4,0,0,0
SPOFS 1,15,60,0
SPOFS 2,40,60,0
SPSCALE 1,200,0
SPSCALE 2,200,0
GFILL 100,50,150,100,67
GFILL 200,50,250,100,120
FOR I=0 TO 255
GLINE I,150,I,191,I
NEXT

FOR I=0 TO 255
FOR R=0 TO 255 STEP 62
FOR G=0 TO 255 STEP 62
FOR B=0 TO 255 STEP 62
C$=HEX$(R,2)+HEX$(G,2)+HEX$(B,2)
COLSET "GRP",I,C$
NEXT:NEXT:NEXT:NEXT

FOR I=0 TO 255
FOR R=0 TO 255 STEP 62
FOR G=0 TO 255 STEP 62
FOR B=0 TO 255 STEP 62
C$=HEX$(R,2)+HEX$(G,2)+HEX$(B,2)
COLSET "SP",I,C$
NEXT:NEXT:NEXT:NEXT

IAmAPersson wrote:

Does anyone know of a speedy algorithm to find the cube of a number? I need it for a command in the advml library for THOLITU.

I think N*N*N would be fastest. I don't know a faster way than that to take a number to the power of three.

Leviceljir wrote:

So yeah I'm gonna make smoother transition from day to night so It doesn't look as bad.

Too bad changing the palette doesn't work. Well, if COLSET doesn't work, then good luck to you.

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

InsertPi

@ramstrong I meant the cube root, sorry. For a number to the power of three, you can also just do POW(N,3) but it looks slower than N*N*N.

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong thanks! I never knew there was a HEX function. Everything seems easier now.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

noxuss

So when's Pixelli comin' out?

noxuss

Discostew

IAmAPersson wrote:

@ramstrong I meant the cube root, sorry. For a number to the power of three, you can also just do POW(N,3) but it looks slower than N*N*N.

If the cube of a value is x^3, then the cube root is x^1/3, so you could use the POW function to calculate the cube root by giving it 1/3 as the 2nd parameter.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Lego-Meister

@IAmAPerson Could you please post the raytracer Qrs? I kinda been waiting a while.

Edited on by Lego-Meister

Some programmers pride themselves on how many more lines of code they can write. I pride myself on how many less.

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1447-0455 | Nintendo Network ID: Legos-Meister

InsertPi

@Discostew thank you, been a while since I've done stuff like that. :/
@Lego-Meister please ask @Calc84maniac. He's the one who made it. It takes me a while to get QRs for stuff.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic