DSi / DS Forum

Topic: Are there any good platformers on DS?

Showing 21 to 39 of 39

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OldBoy

21. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

New Super Mario Bros. is a must, and Super Mario 64 DS is good for the most part

these are 2 of my faves on DS so maybe u'll like them

As I said in my first post I've played NSMB. Mario 64 DS dosen't really intrest me as i played that on N64. I'm after a 2D platformer. But thanks anyway. :-) Has no one else played Great Giana Sisters? I don't even know if that was released in the UK though I'm not averse to importing it if its worth it.

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ASDFGHJKL

22. Posted:

Sonic Rush is good, so is Rush Adventure. Kirby is OK, but not as good as Yoshi. Starfy ive never played but I gaurantee you its good. Yoshi is great. Great Gianna Sisters, ive never heard of. N+ is fun, endless replay value due to level creation and downloading, but is really hard at times. Castlevania is more action based platformer, but is really good. To sum it up: Get Yoshi if you are looking for a twist to something familial. If you want Starfy, it is a good choice. Sonic if you feel for sometthing mildly challenging and really fast pace. N+ if you feel like something really different and challenging. Get castlevania if you want a more action-based game. Hope I helped either change your mind or reinforce your choice!

Edited on by ASDFGHJKL

ASDFGHJKL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OldBoy

23. Posted:

GabeGreens wrote:

Sonic Rush is good, so is Rush Adventure. Kirby is OK, but not as good as Yoshi. Starfy ive never played but I gaurantee you its good. Yoshi is great. Great Gianna Sisters, ive never heard of. N+ is fun, endless replay value due to level creation and downloading, but is really hard at times. Castlevania is more action based platformer, but is really good. To sum it up: Get Yoshi if you are looking for a twist to something familial. If you want Starfy, it is a good choice. Sonic if you feel for sometthing mildly challenging and really fast pace. N+ if you feel like something really different and challenging. Get castlevania if you want a more action-based game. Hope I helped either change your mind or reinforce your choice!

Yeah thanks man. I'm gonna try and track down a copy of Starfy but I ain't paying £34.99 for it. And I'll probably get Yoshis at some point.Not a big fan of sonic TBH.I'll look into N+ as well cause I've never heard of it.
If someone at NL is reading this any chance of a review of Great Gianna Sisters DS.Seems a lot of people don't know about this game ,me included. :-)

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Clayfrd

24. Posted:

Luigi78 wrote:

GabeGreens wrote:

Sonic Rush is good, so is Rush Adventure. Kirby is OK, but not as good as Yoshi. Starfy ive never played but I gaurantee you its good. Yoshi is great. Great Gianna Sisters, ive never heard of. N+ is fun, endless replay value due to level creation and downloading, but is really hard at times. Castlevania is more action based platformer, but is really good. To sum it up: Get Yoshi if you are looking for a twist to something familial. If you want Starfy, it is a good choice. Sonic if you feel for sometthing mildly challenging and really fast pace. N+ if you feel like something really different and challenging. Get castlevania if you want a more action-based game. Hope I helped either change your mind or reinforce your choice!

Yeah thanks man. I'm gonna try and track down a copy of Starfy but I ain't paying £34.99 for it. And I'll probably get Yoshis at some point.Not a big fan of sonic TBH.I'll look into N+ as well cause I've never heard of it.
If someone at NL is reading this any chance of a review of Great Gianna Sisters DS.Seems a lot of people don't know about this game ,me included. :-)

N+ is the sequel to the freeware game, N. Google it and download it. N has basically the exact same gameplay as N+, and if you want more of the same, get N+. Both are very good games (I have the 360 version of N+, but I imagine it's almost identical to the DS version).

Clayfrd

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OldBoy

25. Posted:

Clayfrd wrote:

N+ is the sequel to the freeware game, N. Google it and download it. N has basically the exact same gameplay as N+, and if you want more of the same, get N+. Both are very good games (I have the 360 version of N+, but I imagine it's almost identical to the DS version).

OK thanx ,I'll try that in a bit. :-)

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

26. Posted:

I've been playing Kirby Superstar Ultra and it's really fantastic. If you're the creative type, I'd check out Drawn to Life. The platforming itself is a little generic, but the ability to draw your own character, items, and other gameplay elements made it worth the purchase for me.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

27. Posted:

Oh and Yoshi is okay, but it goes from painfully easy, to painfully difficult, and I was often more frustrated with it than not. It's a good game, but I'd check out Kirby or Starfy. Haven't played Starfy, but I really want to, and I've heard good things.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Noire

28. Posted:

I'll throw in a vote for the original Sonic Rush if you like some speed in your platforming. It's been my favorite Sonic title in a long time. It just hits all the right notes. It's beautiful, crazy-fast platforming with a rocking soundtrack and Blaze the Cat, a Sonic character who doesn't completely suck.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stuffgamer1

29. Posted:

Luigi78 wrote:

Has no one else played Great Giana Sisters? I don't even know if that was released in the UK though I'm not averse to importing it if its worth it.

According to GameFAQs, it's only been released in the generically listed "EU." Which explains why I've never heard of it before. :P

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

30. Posted:

PhoenixSage wrote:

I'll throw in a vote for the original Sonic Rush if you like some speed in your platforming. It's been my favorite Sonic title in a long time. It just hits all the right notes. It's beautiful, crazy-fast platforming with a rocking soundtrack and Blaze the Cat, a Sonic character who doesn't completely suck.

Ditto, and it's much better than Sonic Rush Adventure

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rensch

31. Posted:

The Castlevania series. Excellent sidescrollers in Metroid style and with RPG elements.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Pegasus

32. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

...and Super Mario 64 DS is good for the most part

While I appreciated Nintendo throwing some new stuff in there, I got rid of the game fairly quickly. I just couldn't stand the controls: too inaccurate or too flighty.

Mario Forever! (free nipple suit and gratuitous butt-shots included)
PSN: MisterMumbles82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

33. Posted:

Pegasus wrote:

irken004 wrote:

...and Super Mario 64 DS is good for the most part

While I appreciated Nintendo throwing some new stuff in there, I got rid of the game fairly quickly. I just couldn't stand the controls: too inaccurate or too flighty.

it actually plays better on a DSi, its d-pad feels a bit better to control Mario with

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OldBoy

34. Posted:

Luigi78 wrote:

Clayfrd wrote:

N+ is the sequel to the freeware game, N. Google it and download it. N has basically the exact same gameplay as N+, and if you want more of the same, get N+. Both are very good games (I have the 360 version of N+, but I imagine it's almost identical to the DS version).

OK thanx ,I'll try that in a bit. :-)

Right, I downloaded N. The gameplay seems intriguing but the game seemed to keep pausing for a second when I was playing it(my PC's not that old so don't know if it's a setting I need to change) plus I don't like playing games on PC with arrow keys etc, I can never really get into it!! If I see it cheap I might get it though ,so thanks for the tip off.

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OldBoy

35. Posted:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Luigi78 wrote:

Has no one else played Great Giana Sisters? I don't even know if that was released in the UK though I'm not averse to importing it if its worth it.

According to GameFAQs, it's only been released in the generically listed "EU." Which explains why I've never heard of it before. :P

Right thanks. I'm gonna see if I can track down a copy of this. I can only find a couple of reviews on t'internet but they are both really positive. It looks really good. If I do get a copy I'll do a brief review for you guys if you like. Don't know if it will come out in the US though.

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tails

36. Posted:

Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword is a fun game don't know if its a platformer

Edited on by Tails

Check out Wii-kly Review's on http://www.videogameheat.com PSN ID: TailsPrower86 3DS FC: 3695 0027 1349 Tails XBL GamerTag: BioReaver86

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Pastry

37. Posted:

Cool, they have Ninja Gaiden for $10 at Hastings, I might have to check it out.

Here is My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tails

38. Posted:

pie4prez wrote:

Cool, they have Ninja Gaiden for $10 at Hastings, I might have to check it out.

pick the game up its awesome ^^

Check out Wii-kly Review's on http://www.videogameheat.com PSN ID: TailsPrower86 3DS FC: 3695 0027 1349 Tails XBL GamerTag: BioReaver86

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Toon_Link

39. Posted:

@Luigi78
You should get Starfy, it's like the best platformer EVER!

Toon_Link