Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles New3ds

Posts 201 to 220 of 242

Dezzy

Wow. Everyone with the console should get that! It's seriously one of the best games you'll ever play. Get it!!!!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

octoman2611

For some reason, I can't beat the Solidium Telethia and Assassin. My whole team (Shulk Reyn Sharla) just gets creamed in the first 2 minutes of the battle even though they're the same level as them. Anybody else have any trouble with this/ have any tips?

octoman2611

Dezzy

octoman2611 wrote:

For some reason, I can't beat the Solidium Telethia and Assassin. My whole team (Shulk Reyn Sharla) just gets creamed in the first 2 minutes of the battle even though they're the same level as them. Anybody else have any trouble with this/ have any tips?

Was that one of the ones you needed to use the Monado skill to be able to hit? (The one Alvis used in a cutscene against a telethia, can't remember the name)
I don't remember having any trouble with it at all. If in doubt, the answer in Xenoblade Chronicles is always to go away and grind. Being 2 levels higher than an enemy makes a world of difference.

Edited on by Dezzy

dkxcalibur

I bought this game last week during Target's buy 2 get 1 free sale. I found my Target's last copy in with the clearance games!

Anyways, I finally fired it up last night. First impressions are that the music is incredible. It seems to have a ton of exploration, which I personally love. I do find the camera controls to be a bit loose if that makes any sense.

I didn't play very long. I fired the game up, scanned in my Shulk Amiibo, used up my tokens on a combo of songs & models; and then jumped into the game. I got to Colony 9 and then did some exploring before saving and stopping for the night.

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

Konda

@dkxcalibur
Do you play the game for the first time? I mean didn't you experience the game in the Wii-era?
Don't give up on the game early for any reason, maybe some do.
It's the best game I have ever played. I wish I would pick up the game and experience it for a first time again. Back then I didn't know it was gonna be that one game, then ofc you don't know how excited you should have been =)

Edited on by Konda

Konda

dkxcalibur

@Konda: yes it's my first time playing the game. I'll be honest, by the time it came out on the Wii, I had already basically moved on from the Wii. I bought a "New" 3DS only because I was already planning on buying another 3DS system anyways and thought I should check out what the hype is all about. I'm only 2 hours into the game. So far I like it. I don't know if I would say it's my favorite game yet but who knows, maybe it will be.

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

Flashman

I finally started playing this and I kinda like it but am finding the quest log frustrating to the point I can't be bothered continuing with the game. Why on earth does it display every single quest I ever accepted even after I complete them. Plus why is there no way to accept a single quest as a current and have the arrow on the screen give me at least a hint as to where I am supposed to go.

Am I missing how to use the log correctly?

Flashman

Smitherenez

Flashman wrote:

I finally started playing this and I kinda like it but am finding the quest log frustrating to the point I can't be bothered continuing with the game. Why on earth does it display every single quest I ever accepted even after I complete them. Plus why is there no way to accept a single quest as a current and have the arrow on the screen give me at least a hint as to where I am supposed to go.

Am I missing how to use the log correctly?

That is sadly how it works. I just pick up any quest I encounter, most of them will be cleared by just playing trough the story and provide you with nice extras. I would just focus on the main story for the first playtrough, and whenever you find an interesting side quest, try to finish that.

Please check out my Youtube gaming channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/FullHDPixelletsplays

Nintendo Network ID: Smitherenez

Shinion

@Flashman: the side quest log is probably the least well-made part of the game, I still say it's more good than bad, the fact that there is no limit to the numbers of quests you can accept and the fact that 80-90% of them aren't frustrating to understand what to do mean I wouldn't say it's bad per-sé. Just that there are a considerable number of annoying ones that are made worse by the log. You're not doing anything wrong, other than I'd say thinking that it's required to do every quest. It most certainly is not, as has already been said, don't try to actively seek out the more obscure side quests on your first play through, I focused on the story and found things much easier.

Shinion

LzWinky

You can sort them by complete and new and incomplete quests, but I do agree that it should be automatic to display the incomplete ones first.

@Flashman: If you're willing to use a guide, the Xenoblade wiki is a good guide. Be careful, because there are spoilers present. Oh, and a huge protip, make sure you finish the Alcamoth quests ASAP because they will be unavailable past a certain point.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Flashman

Is there any improvement in the wii u xenoblade as I was considering buying it sometime soon

Flashman

LzWinky

You mean Xenoblade Chronicles X? It's a new game.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Flashman

How the hell do you defeat metalface? I have him down to about 50% health but am hitting for 1 da,age almost every time. The fight so far has lasted about 35 minutes. Getting very bored.

Flashman

Dezzy

@Flashman

You fight him twice at the beginning. The first time you just need to survive for about 2 mins then it goes to a cutscene. After the sad cutscene you need to beat him by using break then topple whilst in a chain attack.
To build your chain attack gauge again, if you couldn't kill him in 1, use Shulk's "Slit Edge" attack from the side repeatedly. That'll build it back up. You can beat him in 1 chain attack if you've levelled a lot though (see chuggaconroy's playthrough)

@OutCold
Don't think enchant does anything on the early bosses. You just have to topple.

Edited on by Dezzy

Flashman

Done it thanks for the help.

Flashman

VoltageX

I have a similar problem with Xord. I know I need to keep attacking him (or his minions) until I fill the party gauge, then topple him and last just a bit longer before the battle ends. the problem is, even this short amount of time is like impossible to me- every time I almost fill the gauge on of my party members die and the guage goes down again when I attempt to revive him.
Its a short battle with a certain trick to it, but even that much is pretty difficult for me ><

Oh, and I tried to attack only the minions and avoid Xord's attacks, but still couldnt survive long enough to fill the gauge =

VoltageX

martinskrtel37

i got a week to finish this game and i'm up to sword valley..!

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Ralizah

OK... after going back and logging about 15 more hours into this game... I can see why people have been so hyped about it. It's incredible. The battle system, the scope of the story, the open exploration... something just clicked for me.

I still think the side-quests are largely rubbish, of course, and I continue to have no clue what affinity coins actually do, but otherwise I am really enjoying this game now.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah: Here's another game I really need to get back into. Maybe after Stella Glow and Steamworld Heist I will give it another go. Got close to half way my first time.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.