Forums

Topic: not a TWEWY sequel ;____;

Posts 121 to 140 of 446

Bankai

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

moomoo wrote:

I don't know about you guys, but it seems weird that Square Enix would give a teaser site just for a game that would tick the entire TWEWY fanbase off. I don't think there won't be an iOS thing; if they get rid of the dual screen gameplay, then suddenly it makes a lot more sense. I do think there is more to this then just and iOS game though. Maybe multiple announcements?
I'm sorry, I just don't understand why they'd hype this up when the only people who would understand what it means and get excited for it are massive fans of the original game.

[/div]

[/div]

You do know there are a lot of Square Enix fans with iDevices, right?

Square Enix goes where the money is, like any good business. It makes a fortune for iReleases.

[/div]

Yeah but most SE fans already own TWEWY on there DS(except me who gave it away to someone sweet as a birthday gift) so why remake it when they can play it now anyway?

See, I posted a fact. You posted an assumption. The DS sold well, but not so well that every single person with an iPhone or iPad bought one, let alone bought TWEWY on it.

Heck, I didn't, but I'll sure as hell rectify this with the iPad version.

Hokori

OlympicCho wrote:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

moomoo wrote:

I don't know about you guys, but it seems weird that Square Enix would give a teaser site just for a game that would tick the entire TWEWY fanbase off. I don't think there won't be an iOS thing; if they get rid of the dual screen gameplay, then suddenly it makes a lot more sense. I do think there is more to this then just and iOS game though. Maybe multiple announcements?
I'm sorry, I just don't understand why they'd hype this up when the only people who would understand what it means and get excited for it are massive fans of the original game.

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Square Enix goes where the money is, like any good business. It makes a fortune for iReleases.

[/div]

[/div]

Yeah but most SE fans already own TWEWY on there DS(except me who gave it away to someone sweet as a birthday gift) so why remake it when they can play it now anyway?

[/div]

See, I posted a fact. You posted an assumption. The DS sold well, but not so well that every single person with an iPhone or iPad bought one, let alone bought TWEWY on it.

I stated a fact to, SE fans own a DS as well, and it's cheaper then buying an iPhone, not saying people who like SE don't already have an iPhone, but if you had to choose you'd be crazy to buy an iPhone to save a few bucks just to play TWEWY

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

retired_account

I saw something where some person who would know implied that the iOS port isn't the big part of the announcement. I'm personally expecting 3DS TWEWY2 along with an iOS port of TWEWY1, but who knows?

Sorry if I'm being kinda vague. n__n

retired_account

GameLord08

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

I stated a fact to, SE fans own a DS as well, and it's cheaper then buying an iPhone, not saying people who like SE don't already have an iPhone, but if you had to choose you'd be crazy to buy an iPhone to save a few bucks just to play TWEWY

Well, er, actually, that's more of a generalisation - not all Square Enix fans own a DS, but a great many probably will. Just as not all Squeenix fans own T.W.E.W.Y. - I'm a fan, and I have never laid eyes on a mere screenshot of the game.

GameLord08

Radixxs

pixelman wrote:

I saw something where some person who would know implied that the iOS port isn't the big part of the announcement. I'm personally expecting 3DS TWEWY2 along with an iOS port of TWEWY1, but who knows?

[/div]

bam.

Sorry for spoiling your ambiguity.

Oh and thanks for the link Jamouse.

Edited on by Radixxs

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

Bankai

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

moomoo wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

I really wonder how much thought you put into your posts before you make them... And for the record "Square Enix fans own a DS too" is not a fact. Some do. Not all.

Where the heck did I ever suggest that people would buy an iPhone for the sole purpose of this game? There are hundreds of millions of iDevices in the market. There are a lot of people with iDevices that never owned a DS, or never bought TWEWY. Now they can. That's who Square Enix is making this game for, and that's a big potential audience.

SMEXIZELDAMAN

@Waltz not really a big potential audience. People only want crappy casual games like Angry Birds on their iDevices. TWEWY on iPhone won't sell good >:{

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

retired_account

Radixxs wrote:

pixelman wrote:

bam.

Sorry for spoiling your ambiguity.

Damn it, foiled.

retired_account

Hokori

@WALTZ PLEASE QUIT CALLING ME DUMB!!!!!!!!!!! By saying "how much time did you put in posting your response?"

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

theblackdragon

^ Well, glad you've got that figured out, then, Otaku. Can we please get back to the topic at hand now?

Personally I think porting TWEWY to IOS is a great move — Squeenix has ported other games to IOS, and with Ghost Trick having come out as well it kinda makes sense in a way. I'm pretty intrigued to see how they're gonna handle the battle system considering it relied quite heavily on the dual screens. I just don't want this to only be an announcement for an IOS port or anything; i want something TWEWY-related for my 3DS (or hell, a Vita) as well.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Hokori

Well ok fine I guess going to iOS is a smart move, but still! Why hype up TWEWY fans (fans who have deffently already played it on DS) with a teaser just to say its a port to iOS?

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

theblackdragon

@PlasticRevolver: yeah, you could mash buttons for the top screen stuff, but depending on how you choose to play the game the right hits from Neku's partner in the right places can make or break a battle for you, especially with those team attacks you could build up and stuff. plus spamming that one move with Joshua was definitely a help :3

@Otaku: if it all turns out to be just an IOS port (which i doubt, but still), then they're hyping it for all those people who've never played it before. as people who have played the game at least once, we don't own a monopoly over it or anything; in that case, who says they were even aiming that teaser at us in the first place? they'd have hyped any game the same way.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Hokori

Sure... Still feels like a bummer... Oh well /goes back to playing NSMB2 on his 3DS!!! Yes!

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Syrup

GuardianKing wrote:

Mess with your computer's time/date setting. I did.

Tell me if there's something I don't see.

Untitled
Neat!
On the zero day, the song has evolved greatly. It now features the audio from the Twister Gang Mix.

Pokefanmum82

why don't we wait until tomorrow or whenever the announcement is before we jump to conclusions

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.