Forums

Topic: not a TWEWY sequel ;____;

Posts 141 to 160 of 446

moomoo

OlympicCho wrote:

moomoo wrote:

I don't know about you guys, but it seems weird that Square Enix would give a teaser site just for a game that would tick the entire TWEWY fanbase off. I don't think there won't be an iOS thing; if they get rid of the dual screen gameplay, then suddenly it makes a lot more sense. I do think there is more to this then just and iOS game though. Maybe multiple announcements?
I'm sorry, I just don't understand why they'd hype this up when the only people who would understand what it means and get excited for it are massive fans of the original game.

[/div]

You do know there are a lot of Square Enix fans with iDevices, right?

Square Enix goes where the money is, like any good business. It makes a fortune for iReleases.

A lot would be lost in the translation. TWEWY had a huge emphasis on using two characters simultaneousl; that would be completely lost in the translation to iPad. Not to mention also showcasing character trust/development through the partner character getting skills through the course of the game. A lot of the game's variety would be lost.
Yes, there are Squeenix fans with iDevices, but I don't get why Squeenix would put this much hype behind something if it would severely limit what made TWEWY so great. The people who were insane, rabid fans of the original title, the people who are looking at this with such anticipation, wouldn't be very happy if this just turned out to be an iOS game. If that were the case, Square Enix could have just announced the game, like the did with porting over Final Fantasy Tactics.

If this truly is just an iOS announcement, a s***strom is going to be going to Square Enix's PR.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Terave

zezhyrule wrote:

Maybe it requires two iPads to play!

That would be fun.

^ This.

I can understand that Squeenix is creating a hype for one of their games to give it more attention. However, this is just way too much for one iOS port. There is still 1 day and 12 hours left. If the countdown reaches 0 and it appears to be only an iOS port, THEN it's time to be disappointed.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

Jamouse

Terave wrote:

[I can understand that Squeenix is creating a hype for one of their games to give it more attention. However, this is just way too much for one iOS port. There is still 1 day and 12 hours left. If the countdown reaches 0 and it appears to be only an iOS port, THEN it's time to be disappointed.

Yeah, and remember when the teaser site was first announced Square Enix said it was a new game. All the evidence points to a sequel but I really don't wan't to get my hopes up (Square Enix are brilliant at letting down their fan bases).

Jamouse

bobhobob

:U Damn, if anyone in this thread is good with code, could you check the inspect element for the website, because I want to know what happens when the timer reaches 0! I can't understand most of the code, so HALP PLEEZ

bobhobob

Nintendo Network ID: bobhobob

DeMoN-13ruce

Jamouse wrote:

Terave wrote:

[I can understand that Squeenix is creating a hype for one of their games to give it more attention. However, this is just way too much for one iOS port. There is still 1 day and 12 hours left. If the countdown reaches 0 and it appears to be only an iOS port, THEN it's time to be disappointed.

[/div]

Yeah, and remember when the teaser site was first announced Square Enix said it was a new game. All the evidence points to a sequel but I really don't wan't to get my hopes up (Square Enix are brilliant at letting down their fan bases).

capcom is worse

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

Terave

The iOS port is logical actually. Let's say SE announces TWEWY 2. With the original on the iOS system, more people can get in touch with the game itself, which means (hopefully) more sales. This is just me thinking, it can end up totally different as well. This is the most plausible solution.

scrubbyscum999

moomoo wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

moomoo wrote:

I don't know about you guys, but it seems weird that Square Enix would give a teaser site just for a game that would tick the entire TWEWY fanbase off. I don't think there won't be an iOS thing; if they get rid of the dual screen gameplay, then suddenly it makes a lot more sense. I do think there is more to this then just and iOS game though. Maybe multiple announcements?
I'm sorry, I just don't understand why they'd hype this up when the only people who would understand what it means and get excited for it are massive fans of the original game.

[/div]

[/div]

You do know there are a lot of Square Enix fans with iDevices, right?

Square Enix goes where the money is, like any good business. It makes a fortune for iReleases.

[/div]

A lot would be lost in the translation. TWEWY had a huge emphasis on using two characters simultaneousl; that would be completely lost in the translation to iPad. Not to mention also showcasing character trust/development through the partner character getting skills through the course of the game. A lot of the game's variety would be lost.
Yes, there are Squeenix fans with iDevices, but I don't get why Squeenix would put this much hype behind something if it would severely limit what made TWEWY so great. The people who were insane, rabid fans of the original title, the people who are looking at this with such anticipation, wouldn't be very happy if this just turned out to be an iOS game. If that were the case, Square Enix could have just announced the game, like the did with porting over Final Fantasy Tactics.

If this truly is just an iOS announcement, a s***strom is going to be going to Square Enix's PR.

moomoo pretty much said everything that needs to be said until this thing is revealed. I am a big TWEWY fan so I really hope it's a sequel. Heck, a remake or enhanced port on the 3DS would be better than an iOS port.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter:

SMEXIZELDAMAN

1 Day left you can see subliminal evil pin symbol thing

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

DeMoN-13ruce

1 day till reapers are gonna love neku

Edited on by theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

Justaguest

Im really excited. TWEWY always was the best portable game for me. So this just isnt allowed to be a disapointment!

Justaguest

theblackdragon

same exact game? no thanks. good news for anyone with an iDevice who's interested though, i guess...

what happened to mr. vague's tweet from like a page or two ago, though? :/

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Dissapointed...wow, that was lame.

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

CanisWolfred

That actually sounds rather impressive. If I ever get an iPad, I might look into that. Are those card things how they're making up for the lack of buttons?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Late

Deeply disappointed. I wanted a sequel!
I guess this is good news for all IOS gamers who haven't yet experienced TWEWY but making a teaser site for this wasn't necessary. It just raised our hopes high and then crushes them. Well, I hope they are going to make sequel some other time.

EDIT: Took another look and specifications page says that tomorrow is the release day. And it also shows us price.

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Pokefanmum82

did anyone not notice that there was a thing for the DS on there too

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Terave

Ok, apperently the teaser site was only about the iOS release. Wow SE, good job at pissing of your fans like that. I know that a release on another system can get you more fans but come on, a teaser site for this is just ridiculous. I hope those guys don't turn into something like Crapcom has become.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.