Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 861 to 880 of 5,084

TeeJay

While we're on the subject of exclusive characters, I would have liked to see OoT Link in this version rather than SS Link. And that way the 3DS version could have Young Link (thus justifying Toon Link appearing in the Spirit Tracks stage) while the Wii U version can have Toon Link because of Windwaker HD! Only in my dreams, I suppose...

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

kkslider5552000

I love the handheld stages idea. There's a ton of games that would likely be ignored if they didn't do this (...like Spirit Tracks) and it will be cool to see where they go with it. I wonder if the console version will try to be less handheld friendly and more console Nintendo friendly with its stages to match this. Like maybe the handheld game will have more emphasis on Pokemon and Wario. Maybe the console game will have a Yarn level (btw: if that does happen, there needs to be a Yoshi vs. Kirby mission) and the handheld one will have a recreation from Dreamland 2 or Superstar (Ultra) because why not?

My vote for the inevitable black and white level is either for Mario Land or Pokemon gen 1.

Shame the F-Zero stage will suck in this version though. (lol Maximum Velocity)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

linkfan2

when does this come out.

linkfan2

linkfan2

i wish koopa was a character.

linkfan2

Captain_Toad

linkfan2 wrote:

when does this come out.

Somewhere next year. Barring potental delays...

linkfan2 wrote:

i wish koopa was a character.

koopa? this guy?Untitled

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Ralizah

Am glad the 3DS version has the same roster as the Wii U version. I can't wait to try out the Wii Fit Trainer!

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

linkfan2

i can't wait to play mega man

linkfan2

3DSAllDay

I actually would love to see Quote from cave story in the next smash bros.
Here are the moves....special is a chargeable polar star....up special can be the booster 0.8 or 2.0....side special can be fireball/super missile launcher....and the down special can be...ummm...blade. The final smash is when he gets the Spur which lets Quote spam the regular charge shot or charge it up similar to Samus's final smash. Here is hoping that quote might make it in the game
http://www.zolyx.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/cavestory-q...

3DS Friend code- 5455-9467-1956.

Mansa

I can't wait to play a match in that stadium....wait is that stage wii u only?

Edited on by Mansa

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

Mansa

Is the boom spear from kid icarus: uprising an item in this game?

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

Seighart

Bubbab5 wrote:

I like to see some Sonic characters like Sonic Tails Shadow and Eggman come in.Also a few more villains and 3rd parties like Megaman and someone else.Possibly Bowser Jr.

I think having characters like Tails and Eggman would be bad. Not that they are bad characters, just they're not fit for that kind of combat, it would seem weird. But maybe having them as an assist trophy

Shadow and Knucles would be great additions though.

“This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.”

3DS Friend Code: 5386-7346-9477

Seighart

Great additions would be

• Lloyd Irving from Tales Of Symohonia <
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090816034847/aselia/images/thumb/6/6a/Lloyd.jpg/180px-Lloyd.jpg
  • Quote from CaveStory <
    http://www.zolyx.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/cavestory-quote.png
  • Magolor from kirby, his final smash could be him turning into Magolor soul for a set amount of time. << Magolor on regular, bottom. When he is crowned, top.
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7d4ceerpi1rpndt2o1_r2_500.png

Edited on by Seighart

Seighart

DkFluttershyGuy wrote:

Me votes for Birdo!

Birdo would be dumb.

Seighart

Joetherocker wrote:

I predict that Link, Mario, Pikachu, and Kirby will be in it.

I highly doubt that, they are going to remove Link, Mario, Pikachu, and Kirby

Snagrio

Seighart wrote:

Joetherocker wrote:

I predict that Link, Mario, Pikachu, and Kirby will be in it.

I highly doubt that, they are going to remove Link, Mario, Pikachu, and Kirby

Yes yes, and in their places will be a bunch of CoD soldiers.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Chris720

Is it me, or do the cel-shaded style graphics on the 3DS version feel like they fit the game better? The Wii U version obviously looks miles better in comparison since it has HD and it's got more power to boot, but I'm finding myself leaning towards the 3DS version because the cel-shading looks really nice.

Untitled

Maybe it's just me. But it looks really nice and artistic.

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

SkywardLink98

@Chris720 Yeah, I'm doing the same. I like the looks of it, and I really hope they use the 3DSes capabilities to it's fullest.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Chris720

@SkywardLink98 I think it would be nice if they take the idea from SSF43D and have StreetPass battles. There's a lot of potential with the 3DS version that there isn't with the Wii U.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

SkywardLink98

@Chris720 Ya, that'd be nice. Or some form of character customization. My only problem is with 4 man brawls. Even on the Wii it was hectic and you could hardly tell what was going on so I doubt the smaller screen of the 3DS will help.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.