Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 881 to 900 of 5,084

Chris720

@SkywardLink98 I'm sure they've figured out a way to fix that issue by now. I'm sure it'll be as good as the Wii U version, even if it might be a little slower to compensate for the craziness.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

SkywardLink98

@Chris720 Ya, I was playing Brawl yesterday and noticed it was pretty hard to differentiate the characters when they are all in one group throwing blows, which is why I normally only do 1 on 1 brawls.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

CowLaunch

Chris720 wrote:

Is it me, or do the cel-shaded style graphics on the 3DS version feel like they fit the game better? The Wii U version obviously looks miles better in comparison since it has HD and it's got more power to boot, but I'm finding myself leaning towards the 3DS version because the cel-shading looks really nice.

Untitled

Maybe it's just me. But it looks really nice and artistic.

My sentiments also.

CowLaunch

DreamyViridi

SkywardLink98 wrote:

@Chris720 Ya, I was playing Brawl yesterday and noticed it was pretty hard to differentiate the characters when they are all in one group throwing blows, which is why I normally only do 1 on 1 brawls.

Really? I've never really had that problem in Brawl much, unless the opponent is the same character and colour as me. Maybe I have better eye sight than I thought.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Chris720

@SkywardLink98 Never had that problem before when I played Brawl. Isn't there an arrow that appears over your character so you can differentiate them from the other characters? I can't remember since I haven't played Brawl in years.

YouTube

3DSAllDay

Quote just HAS to be in the game. If he is not I won't be too sad about it but he would make a great addition.

3DS Friend code- 5455-9467-1956.

SkywardLink98

@LuigiMan200 @Chris720 Well, there were two Ikes and we were literally on top of each other so with the barrage of explosive blows it got kinda hard to tell who was who. There was an arrow, but it was pointing at pretty much all of us (just going to show how close we were) so until I got launched it was hard to tell who was throwing/receiving the blows.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.

Snagrio

@SkywardLink98 You think YOU have it bad? Try being Olimar when one or more others are also Olimar! Telling apart a dozen or so identical Pikmin, now that is crazy!

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

mamp

well if we're able to create our own stages like we were able to on the Wii I hope streetpass will let us share them, also I wish Nintendo would have used different characters on the 3DS version since there is no crossplay between both versions. I mean they have different stages why not just go with different characters too.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Chris720

@SkywardLink98 Yeah I can see how that could be a problem, haha. But I never really had too much difficulty, I just jumped away if it got a bit too close quarters. There's no point in fighting if you don't even know who you're fighting.

@WingedFish People use... Olimar? Man, I couldn't play with that guy for jack. He was just too irritating to use.

YouTube

OdnetninAges

I think it's safe to say that these characters will be in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U:

Mario*
Link*
Kirby*
Pikachu*
Donkey Kong*
Yoshi
Fox*
Samus*
Luigi
Ness
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff

They were all the characters in the original, and they all returned for Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

• = Shown in trailer

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Snagrio

@Chris720 Actually, Olimar is my main. I will admit he has one of the highest learning curves in the series, but once you do learn how to properly use him, Olimar can be a freaking beast.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

SkywardLink98

@Chris720 The only problem is the CPUs seemed to naturally be gathering like that... it'd start off with 2 people fighting each other on opposite ends of the stage but the other two would jump into the fray and we'd all be right on top of each other.

Seighart

OdnetninAges wrote:

I think it's safe to say that these characters will be in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U:

Mario*
Link*
Kirby*
Pikachu*
Donkey Kong*
Yoshi
Fox*
Samus*
Luigi
Ness
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff

They were all the characters in the original, and they all returned for Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

• = Shown in trailer

Everybody knows that Mario*
Link*
Kirby*
Pikachu*
Donkey Kong*
Samus*
Will be in it -______-

“This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.”

3DS Friend Code: 5386-7346-9477

OdnetninAges

Seighart wrote:

OdnetninAges wrote:

Mario*
Link*
Kirby*
Pikachu*
Donkey Kong*
Yoshi
Fox*
Samus*
Luigi
Ness
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff

• = Shown in trailer

Everybody knows that Mario*
Link*
Kirby*
Pikachu*
Donkey Kong*
Samus*
Will be in it -______-

K

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Mansa

CowLaunch wrote:

Chris720 wrote:

Is it me, or do the cel-shaded style graphics on the 3DS version feel like they fit the game better? The Wii U version obviously looks miles better in comparison since it has HD and it's got more power to boot, but I'm finding myself leaning towards the 3DS version because the cel-shading looks really nice.

Untitled

Maybe it's just me. But it looks really nice and artistic.

My sentiments also.

It looks like comic book graphics, so yeah I have high hope for the 3ds

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

TeeJay

If this version has a level editor, it would be neat if we could share them via QR codes.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.