3DS Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Showing 501 to 520 of 5,307

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

501. Posted:

@TheN64Dude

So, let me understand this: Olimar is said to be smaller than a Gamecube disc and Kirby is supposedly 8 inches tall.. And yet, they are in Smash Bros. It doesn't matter if a "character" is too big or small. Characters in Smash Bros. are scaled in height to be in the game playability wise. And Pacman has as good of a chance to get in as any other Nintendo character considering there's been several crossovers between Pacman and Mario and collaborations between Nintendo and Namco.

Your roster is screwy: Metal Mario? Heck, Ninten? C'mon now.

Same goes for Medusa- Bowser has always been far bigger in Mario's games compared to his size in Smash Bros.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GamecubeMan

502. Posted:

It be kinda cool if Nintendo gave Link a couple of Ocarina moves :D

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter: jazzygcnman

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheConsiglio

503. Posted:

Tails should be in there. or Toad.

Just a nintendo fan who found his way to this site.
3DS FRIEND CODE: 4725-8421-9790

I am a trusted gamer who never cheats.

Twitter: @Kyle Consiglio

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bubbab5

504. Posted:

Finally someone who agrees with me.

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RYBlast

505. Posted:

TheN64Dude wrote:

These would be nice rosters, but you all seem to be forgetting the RULES of the SSB Roster that have been used since the first one.

There are rules to SSB entries:

1. 4 characters per franchise (with the exception of Mario being 5)

2. Characters must have sufficient move sets (Bad examples: Duck Hunt Dog, Tom Nook, Balloon Fighter, Goomba)

3. Must be from Nintendo or Third-Party most affiliated with Nintendo (Good Examples: Sega, Capcom, Konami, Hudson Soft, Ubisoft. Bad Examples: Prof. Layton, Crash Bandicoot, Maxwell, Dillon)

4. Must be MAIN characters of whole franchise (Good Examples: Luigi, Zelda, Diddy Kong, King Dedede. Bad examples: Geno, Skull Kid, Giriham, Lemmy Koopa, Fawful, Rouge The Bat, Prince Pluff, Mr. L)

5. Characters must be of specified height and size and able to both FIGHT and be FOUGHT successfully (Bad examples are characters like Medusa, Gooey, Petey Piranha, Pac-Man, Waluigi, King Boo)

Take my roster for example:

[/div]

Those rules are ridiculous and made up. If rule 5 applied, Kirby, Charizard, Olimar, and Bowser wouldn't be in SSB. Also, Metal Mario is a power up that already exists in Brawl.

Edited on by RYBlast

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RYBlast

506. Posted:

TheN64Dude wrote:

He has not been around very long and what reason SHOULD he be in there. If he's a third party character he has to have a REALLY good reason. Sonic had a good reason he was the second most famous video game character next to mario and Nintendo & Sega have a HUGE history together.

I'm pretty sure that Pac Man is miles ahead of Sonic in terms of popularity, yet you claim that he shouldn't be in.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

507. Posted:

RYBlast wrote:

TheN64Dude wrote:

He has not been around very long and what reason SHOULD he be in there. If he's a third party character he has to have a REALLY good reason. Sonic had a good reason he was the second most famous video game character next to mario and Nintendo & Sega have a HUGE history together.

[/div]

I'm pretty sure that Pac Man is miles ahead of Sonic in terms of popularity, yet you claim that he shouldn't be in.

Meh. How well did the last Pac-Man game sell?
Pac-Man is more of an icon of the past, not the present, unlike Mario and Sonic.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RYBlast

508. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

RYBlast wrote:

TheN64Dude wrote:

He has not been around very long and what reason SHOULD he be in there. If he's a third party character he has to have a REALLY good reason. Sonic had a good reason he was the second most famous video game character next to mario and Nintendo & Sega have a HUGE history together.

[/div]

[/div]

I'm pretty sure that Pac Man is miles ahead of Sonic in terms of popularity, yet you claim that he shouldn't be in.

[/div]

Meh. How well did the last Pac-Man game sell?
Pac-Man is more of an icon of the past, not the present, unlike Mario and Sonic.

I would argue that Sonic is also an icon of the past, but I don't want to derail this thread. :P
Still, Pac Man is an icon and almost everybody knows about him. He's not as iconic as Mario, but pretty close.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

509. Posted:

I'm pretty sure Pacman hasn't been in a relevent game since before I was born, unless you count that time when Nintendo embarrassed itself by making Pacman vs. a major focus of an E3 conference (a game that eventually ended up as a bonus in a re-released cheaper version of Pacman World 2 that no one knew existed).

While at times Sonic is kept alive entirely by its own insanity of a fanbase, Sonic Colors and Generations were pretty big and well liked.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

510. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

RYBlast wrote:

TheN64Dude wrote:

He has not been around very long and what reason SHOULD he be in there. If he's a third party character he has to have a REALLY good reason. Sonic had a good reason he was the second most famous video game character next to mario and Nintendo & Sega have a HUGE history together.

[/div]

[/div]

I'm pretty sure that Pac Man is miles ahead of Sonic in terms of popularity, yet you claim that he shouldn't be in.

[/div]

Meh. How well did the last Pac-Man game sell?
Pac-Man is more of an icon of the past, not the present, unlike Mario and Sonic.

In that case, he can still be "classified" as a retro character, like Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RYBlast

511. Posted:

When was the last time Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, or the Ice Climbers were relevant?

Edited on by RYBlast

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

512. Posted:

RYBlast wrote:

When was the last time Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, or the Ice Climbers were relevant?

Obviously relevant enough to be put in Brawl (Melee for Mr. G&W, and Ice Climbers).

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

513. Posted:

RYBlast wrote:

When was the last time Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, or the Ice Climbers were relevant?

[/div]

I wasn't arguing they aren't relevent (they aren't outside of Smash Bros itself), I was arguing Sonic is. Maybe not as much as in the early 90s but he's done better than basically every other 90s platformer star.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xtremetdifan

514. Posted:

I agree, Sonic colors and generations were fairly successful games. When was the last time Pac-man had a sucessful game?
Not hatin' on Pacman, just sayin' Sonic's a bit more iconic.

Pokemon Mains:Infernape,Stunfisk,Garchomp
Smash Mains:Sonic,Fox,Ike

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5259-4542

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

515. Posted:

Tweeted by sakurai
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/219759606463864832

スタッフがホワイトボードに描いたもの。上手いね!

Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

516. Posted:

It's pretty amusing and awesome that Kirby and Pit are the characters with the most focus in that picture. Oh Sakurai.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

517. Posted:

Well subspace was a Kirby game and the story mode had a lot of focus on Kirby dudes.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bezerker99

518. Posted:

I absolutely refuse to get another Smash Bros game until they put Tingle in it.

bezerker99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bezerker99

519. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm pretty sure Pacman hasn't been in a relevent game since before I was born, unless you count that time when Nintendo embarrassed itself by making Pacman vs. a major focus of an E3 conference (a game that eventually ended up as a bonus in a re-released cheaper version of Pacman World 2 that no one knew existed).

Untitled

Oh wait, u said relevant games.

......carry on.

bezerker99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

520. Posted:

Brawl: Main focus=Kirby
SSB4: Main focus=Kid Icarus! :D

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64