Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 501 to 520 of 5,084

RYBlast

TysonQ7 wrote:

RYBlast wrote:

TheN64Dude wrote:

He has not been around very long and what reason SHOULD he be in there. If he's a third party character he has to have a REALLY good reason. Sonic had a good reason he was the second most famous video game character next to mario and Nintendo & Sega have a HUGE history together.

[/div]

[/div]

I'm pretty sure that Pac Man is miles ahead of Sonic in terms of popularity, yet you claim that he shouldn't be in.

[/div]

Meh. How well did the last Pac-Man game sell?
Pac-Man is more of an icon of the past, not the present, unlike Mario and Sonic.

I would argue that Sonic is also an icon of the past, but I don't want to derail this thread.
Still, Pac Man is an icon and almost everybody knows about him. He's not as iconic as Mario, but pretty close.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

I'm pretty sure Pacman hasn't been in a relevent game since before I was born, unless you count that time when Nintendo embarrassed itself by making Pacman vs. a major focus of an E3 conference (a game that eventually ended up as a bonus in a re-released cheaper version of Pacman World 2 that no one knew existed).

While at times Sonic is kept alive entirely by its own insanity of a fanbase, Sonic Colors and Generations were pretty big and well liked.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Snagrio

TysonQ7 wrote:

RYBlast wrote:

TheN64Dude wrote:

He has not been around very long and what reason SHOULD he be in there. If he's a third party character he has to have a REALLY good reason. Sonic had a good reason he was the second most famous video game character next to mario and Nintendo & Sega have a HUGE history together.

[/div]

[/div]

I'm pretty sure that Pac Man is miles ahead of Sonic in terms of popularity, yet you claim that he shouldn't be in.

[/div]

Meh. How well did the last Pac-Man game sell?
Pac-Man is more of an icon of the past, not the present, unlike Mario and Sonic.

In that case, he can still be "classified" as a retro character, like Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

RYBlast

When was the last time Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, or the Ice Climbers were relevant?

Edited on by RYBlast

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter:

RR529

RYBlast wrote:

When was the last time Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, or the Ice Climbers were relevant?

Obviously relevant enough to be put in Brawl (Melee for Mr. G&W, and Ice Climbers).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

kkslider5552000

RYBlast wrote:

[/div]

I wasn't arguing they aren't relevent (they aren't outside of Smash Bros itself), I was arguing Sonic is. Maybe not as much as in the early 90s but he's done better than basically every other 90s platformer star.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Arn0ld

I agree, Sonic colors and generations were fairly successful games. When was the last time Pac-man had a sucessful game?
Not hatin' on Pacman, just sayin' Sonic's a bit more iconic.

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

shingi_70

Tweeted by sakurai

スタッフがホワイトボードに描いたもの。上手いね!

Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

It's pretty amusing and awesome that Kirby and Pit are the characters with the most focus in that picture. Oh Sakurai.

shingi_70

Well subspace was a Kirby game and the story mode had a lot of focus on Kirby dudes.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

bezerker99

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm pretty sure Pacman hasn't been in a relevent game since before I was born, unless you count that time when Nintendo embarrassed itself by making Pacman vs. a major focus of an E3 conference (a game that eventually ended up as a bonus in a re-released cheaper version of Pacman World 2 that no one knew existed).

Untitled

Oh wait, u said relevant games.

......carry on.

Snagrio

Brawl: Main focus=Kirby
SSB4: Main focus=Kid Icarus!

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Arn0ld

Anyone, still reading this, it's been 3 days?

Botw > OoT

CrimsonLoftwing

I'm not too anxious about the quantity of characters, rather than the quality of the characters. I do hope that new characters such as Ghirahim from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword makes an appearance, along with Rosalina from the Super Mario Galaxy series. We can only wonder, though!

CrimsonLoftwing

Arn0ld

A mii with customizable movesets

Botw > OoT

Mieu-Fire

a legendary pokemon like idk darkrai

MANGO

e-love

CrimsonLoftwing wrote:

I'm not too anxious about the quantity of characters, rather than the quality of the characters. I do hope that new characters such as Ghirahim from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword makes an appearance, along with Rosalina from the Super Mario Galaxy series. We can only wonder, though!

Literally I would cry, of joy if we get Ghirahim as a character. I'm in love with him.

Speaking of Skyward Sword, I hope we see Groose as an assist trophy.

Also, Rosalina beating people up sounds hilarious lol.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Bubbab5

How about chell from portal it wouldn't happen but it be cool

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.