Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 4,901 to 4,920 of 5,084

May_Nyan

I just noticed my trophy horde showing a trophy I don't have.
I think it's an Excitebiker

May_Nyan

TeeJay

Squid wrote:

Anyone have tips on how to find more Trophies? I currently have 622 but I'm having the hardest time getting more as the shop is always old stuff. Is Trophy Rush my best option at this point?

Trophy Rush would have been your best option at the beginning. Now you'll just get repeats. The Trophy Shop is your best bet once you have lots of trophies. So if the shop isn't giving you anything, welp. Sucks

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

DreamyViridi

Ouch... That update supposedly makes previous replays obsolete. What a shame...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Jazzer94

Bit annoyed about the update making my glorious replays obsolete, will have to record the best ones soon.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

TeeJay

Aw man, I just started really recording stuff! Now I'm gonna lose them all.

I hope Little Mac gets fixed. This sounds like it'll be a major balance adjustment, or at least moreso than the previous update, since you could keep your replays up until now.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Yoshi_Prime

Jazzer94 wrote:

Bit annoyed about the update making my glorious replays obsolete, will have to record the best ones soon.

I hope I remember to do that too.

Yoshi_Prime

Tobiaku

Its a bit weird, but I got Mr. Game & Watch's allstar trophy after a battle in classic mode

Edited on by Tobiaku

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

DreamyViridi

Phew, at last. Got all of the custom parts! That wasn't as bad as I though it would be.
As for that update, I do wonder what sort of "balancing" will take place. If this becomes a regular thing, I imagine it'll greatly affect the competitive scene constantly.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

FriedSquid

TeeJay wrote:

Squid wrote:

Anyone have tips on how to find more Trophies? I currently have 622 but I'm having the hardest time getting more as the shop is always old stuff. Is Trophy Rush my best option at this point?

Trophy Rush would have been your best option at the beginning. Now you'll just get repeats. The Trophy Shop is your best bet once you have lots of trophies. So if the shop isn't giving you anything, welp. Sucks

Actually I just went ahead and played Trophy Rush a lot, turns out it's still my best option as I've now amounted 659 Trophies. Going into the store at this point gives me nothing new, while I can get about three new Trophies per game in Trophy Rush. I can't always get a lot, and sometimes I turn up nothing new, but I'm thinking there might be some Trophies that are obtained only through Trophy Rush.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

TeeJay

Squid wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Squid wrote:

Actually I just went ahead and played Trophy Rush a lot, turns out it's still my best option as I've now amounted 659 Trophies. Going into the store at this point gives me nothing new, while I can get about three new Trophies per game in Trophy Rush. I can't always get a lot, and sometimes I turn up nothing new, but I'm thinking there might be some Trophies that are obtained only through Trophy Rush.

Well I'm glad that worked out for you then!

Whopper744

Can someone explain to me why they would make it to were you can no longer watch your old replays after doing the new update? My wife and I both had replays we've wanted to keep, and I see no excuse for this honestly.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

TeeJay

Whopper744 wrote:

Can someone explain to me why they would make it to were you can no longer watch your old replays after doing the new update? My wife and I both had replays we've wanted to keep, and I see no excuse for this honestly.

Probably because replays record button presses, and if the new update changes things significantly then button presses will result in something different thus changing the replay itself.

I'm just guessing because I know that's how replays were recorded in MK DS. Adding stuff like codes to make your kart go faster resulted in messed up replays.

Edited on by TeeJay

Yoshi

Whopper744 wrote:

Because replays are not recorded directly. Replays only record button inputs, as this saves on space and a ton of time. When you watch a replay, the game is reenacting the match using identical button inputs. However, the new version makes some changes to a few fighters, and if you try to watch a replay, it'll use the same button inputs, but with different results due to changes made. It could cause the replay to change drastically, or even cause the game to glitch or crash.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Tobiaku

I FINALY was able to defeat 4 miis in cruel brawl

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Inkling

Here's a new UK ad

Edited on by Inkling

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Yoshi

Inkling wrote:

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

TeeJay

Happy now, @SockoMario? As I recall, you were making the most stink about the Japanese ad.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.