Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 3,701 to 3,720 of 5,084

CapeSmash

@Nintenbomba64 That looks nice, but I'm pretty sure that counts as spam.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

INSTIGATETHROWS

Rushed or not I still want it....

INSTIGATETHROWS

3DS Friend Code: 1779-1231-4873

UGXwolf

I think people are missing a key concept, here. Just because the game is delayed or massive or on weaker hardware doesn't mean the game wasn't rushed. Notice how Sakurai specified that the Ice Climbers were low priority? Why even mention it if they don't work on the system? Simple. They didn't have all the time in the world, and for Christ's sake, they were working on what equates to (or seems to) about 150% of what we expected of a Wii U Smash Bros. OF COURSE THE GAMES WERE RUSHED! That clearly doesn't make them bad!

These are great games that feel great and look to have enough content to keep me playing for months. I can only hope that DLC or patches will be used to replace content they didn't have the time to design or put in place, but until then, Smash 3DS looks to be plenty to keep me preoccupied.

Now yes, I'm bummed about a number of omissions, but at least we're actually getting this game this year and not sometime in the none-too-certain future. (Besides, it's a big game, no amount of time spent on Quality Assurance could've removed all of the glitches, so why give it crap for that? Just sit back and enjoy it and maybe hope for a patch that'll fix it, soon.)

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

NintendoFan64

UGXwolf wrote:

I think people are missing a key concept, here. Just because the game is delayed or massive or on weaker hardware doesn't mean the game wasn't rushed. Notice how Sakurai specified that the Ice Climbers were low priority? Why even mention it if they don't work on the system? Simple. They didn't have all the time in the world, and for Christ's sake, they were working on what equates to (or seems to) about 150% of what we expected of a Wii U Smash Bros. OF COURSE THE GAMES WERE RUSHED! That clearly doesn't make them bad!

These are great games that feel great and look to have enough content to keep me playing for months. I can only hope that DLC or patches will be used to replace content they didn't have the time to design or put in place, but until then, Smash 3DS looks to be plenty to keep me preoccupied.

Now yes, I'm bummed about a number of omissions, but at least we're actually getting this game this year and not sometime in the none-too-certain future. (Besides, it's a big game, no amount of time spent on Quality Assurance could've removed all of the glitches, so why give it crap for that? Just sit back and enjoy it and maybe hope for a patch that'll fix it, soon.)

Plus, from what I heard, there is actually a lot more space on the 3DS game card that they could've used, so anything the 3DS could've handled that isn't in but they wanted to put in probably was cut due to time restraints and not due to limitations. Still, the game does look good, and it's coming out in just TWO DAYS. I really hope I can get to a Gamestop or something on my way home from school, because after waiting three years since Nintendo confirmed the game's existence, I am kind of tired of waiting.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

FriedSquid

I've said this before but I would also be thankful that Nintendo didn't push the game months ahead and make it a New 3DS exclusive just so there would be less limitations.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Whydoievenbother

Squid wrote:

I've said this before but I would also be thankful that Nintendo didn't push the game months ahead and make it a New 3DS exclusive just so there would be less limitations.

Ditto.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Peach64

My copy arrived this morning and there's a update to download as soon as I load it up.

Peach64

Uncle_Franklin

At what specific time will it be available to download from the eshop in the UK?

Uncle_Franklin

Inkling

Going to check if my local store's selling it!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Undead_terror

Still like that quote "Smash comes out in 4 days, H.Y.P.E." (but it doesn't work now) anyways, might go and play the demo once again to get ready for day 1.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

KO-Cub

I wonder what the WiiU's Music chest will be like? Do you think they'll use Kid Icarus Uprising's Credit's song in the WiiU ver? It's got a medley of songs put together, so all they'd have to do is remake it.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

UGXwolf

@Squid I second this motion! Like I said, I'd prefer the game as it is now in a couple days, rather than a 100% perfect game in a year or so. (And besides, they wouldn't be able to make it 100% perfect. There will always be issues that slip through the cracks.)

CapeSmash

ALERT:

Japan: Duck Hunt
America: Duck Hunt
Europe: Duck Hunt Duo

That is all.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Late

16 hours to go. I'll download it as soon as it hits eShop and spend the night playing smash. I've never been this hyped for a game.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Inkling

@SockoMario Huh. Wonder why it wasn't the same for all versions.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

KO-Cub

I still have to wait a day. So butthurt. Probably stop going on NL for a while after the game releases tonight for you guys. Don't wanna feel more left out and depressed.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

UGXwolf

@MetalK9 Well, we're still about 24 hours off here in Central America. You can be depressed and left out with us!

@DiscoGentleman I want to say something along the lines of 17,000 blocks. But I think the game, itself, is only around 9,000 blocks. So you should be able to download, if you have over 9,000 blocks (no jokes, please), but there will likely be extra content somewhere down the line that you'll want that extra 9,000 for.

TeeJay

I'll be in the middle of my shift at work when Smash launches on the eShop, so either I'll bring my 3DS to work and download it there (I've never taken my game to work but I don't see the harm as it is the graveyard shift with just me and one other person there, and it's not like I'll actually play the game) or download when I get home if my 3DS can't connect to work wifi.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

NintendoFan64

Only 17 hours and 21 minutes 'till the Hype Train reaches it's destination.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.