Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 3,681 to 3,700 of 5,084

Eel

Hawhaw take that Duck Hunt Dog-ers.

They changed the last two letters of the name you came up with.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoFan64

That sounds about right. I mean, it's not just the dog, because the duck helps a bit.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

CapeSmash

-Ice Climbers removed due to limitations
-Transfermations removed due to limitations
-Circle Pad Pro support removed due to limitations

"3DS version is the definitive version cuz smash run 11/10" - SmashBoards

Sergio151 wrote:

@UGXwolf
Judging by the reviews of this game and sales,it doesn't sound rushed to me.

It is rushed.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

LzWinky

So rushed = hardware not being able to handle certain features? If you say so...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CapeSmash

Morphbug wrote:

Sounds like you should stop reading Smash Boards if the people there are so toxic for you.

Good idea. But, I visit SmashBoards mostly for information.

WaLzgi wrote:

So rushed = hardware not being able to handle certain features? If you say so...

Uh, no.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

FriedSquid

SockoMario wrote:

-Transformations removed due to limitations

When did Sakurai ever say this? His reasoning was that it would be better for players to focus on one character with a full moveset. The limitations could have played a factor, but I'm almost certain that was Sakurai's main intention for removing them.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

CapeSmash

Squid wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

-Transformations removed due to limitations

When did Sakurai ever say this? His reasoning was that it would be better for players to focus on one character with a full moveset. The limitations could have played a factor, but I'm almost certain that was Sakurai's main intention for removing them.

He said that in a new interview. It's Japanese-only, so it could have been a mistranslation.

Smash Mains:

Shirma_Akayaku

WaLzgi wrote:

I don't entirely understand what you mean. To me, it's more like the hardware itself wouldn't have been able to handle at least some features it in general, no matter how rushed a game is (even if it's not). No matter what, there will always be limitations with hardware.

Anyways, from what I've heard from Gamexplain's review and post-review, the game sounds somewhat rushed (50/50). I think this game will have DLC and updates to make the game better by adding more options to some of the game modes. However, there's probably more to the game we haven't seen because nobody's been able to connect to the Wii U version (that version isn't out yet).

We really need to give this game some time to get a better understanding of it.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

SparkOfSpirit

I just hope they patch in things like more options for Smash Run and item appearances (I prefer them on low) for normal matches. Little things like that.

Edited on by SparkOfSpirit

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Whydoievenbother

SockoMario wrote:

-Ice Climbers removed due to limitations
-Transfermations removed due to limitations
-Circle Pad Pro support removed due to limitations

"3DS version is the definitive version cuz smash run 11/10" - SmashBoards

Sergio151 wrote:

@UGXwolf
Judging by the reviews of this game and sales,it doesn't sound rushed to me.

It is rushed.

It is testing for some of the Wii u stuff like online

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

NintendoFan64

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

I just hope they patch in things like more options for Smash Run and item appearances (I prefer them on low) for normal matches. Little things like that.

And the glitches. Don't forget the glitches. There aren't a lot, but they are there.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Whydoievenbother

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

This game was already delayed, did you forget? 3DS version was targeted for Summer. Yes, summer goes to Sept. 22 (my birthday!) but Oct. 3rd is still more than a solid week after summer. The game wasn't rushed. Smash is a huge game and the 3DS is a 'meh' system in terms of processing power.

Go to the 3DS True Power thread. than you'll take that back

Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Whydoievenbother

Morphbug wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

Huh, I didn't think about that. Now it all makes sense, Sakurai is lazy.

(a) He nearly worked himself to death on Melee.
(b) He has tendinitis so give him a break.
(c) half of you are complaining that SSB3DS lacks support for a peripheral that you never even use

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/context

Well, it's hard to tell opinions from sarcasm when everybody (and i mead EVERYBODY) is complaining about stupid things that are in or not in Smash. Comments like "Oh, no ridley in SSB4? SSB4 -4000/10" and "No Mewtwo in SSBB? 0/10 Stars! Use flames to burn!!!" are all over the internet. So much so, that I can't tell sarcasm from real opinions.

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

ZurrrrBlattTron

Well to be honest I expected smash 3D to be somewhat rushed, the game was announced when Sakurai was still working on Uprising for Christ sake just because Iwata had nothing else better to show off

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Retro_on_theGo

MrMario02 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

This game was already delayed, did you forget? 3DS version was targeted for Summer. Yes, summer goes to Sept. 22 (my birthday!) but Oct. 3rd is still more than a solid week after summer. The game wasn't rushed. Smash is a huge game and the 3DS is a 'meh' system in terms of processing power.

Go to the 3DS True Power thread. than you'll take that back

Rebutle: New 3DS

@Stomatopod17 thanks!

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Araquanid

MrMario02 wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

Huh, I didn't think about that. Now it all makes sense, Sakurai is lazy.

(a) He nearly worked himself to death on Melee.
(b) He has tendinitis so give him a break.
(c) half of you are complaining that SSB3DS lacks support for a peripheral that you never even use

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/context

Well, it's hard to tell opinions from sarcasm when everybody (and i mead EVERYBODY) is complaining about stupid things that are in or not in Smash. Comments like "Oh, no ridley in SSB4? SSB4 -4000/10" and "No Mewtwo in SSBB? 0/10 Stars! Use flames to burn!!!" are all over the internet. So much so, that I can't tell sarcasm from real opinions.

It's been amazing if sakuri just threw ridley and mewtwo DLC at us after seeing the complaints.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.