Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 3,441 to 3,460 of 5,084

KO-Cub

C-Olimar wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

SuperMalleo wrote:

@SockoMario Your hand's THAT small?

No, I just want a grip, because I want to feel like I'm playing with an actual controller and not a slab of toast.

Can't blame ya; the 2DS is horrible for some games.
(Kid Icarus has never bothered me before, but on 2DS I get halfway through a level and my hands start cramping up).
The circle pad is noticeably looser, which is better for Smash.
Hopefully with the New 3DS Nintendo can finally release a handheld which has the best features of all prior models.

@SockoMario, Cannot unsee. My 2ds now forever be a toast to me.
Anyway, I don't have a real problem problem with 2DS. For me at least.
What I like about it is that I can freely put my hands around it and not have all the buttons and both Circle and D-pads cramped up close to each other like the 3DS's. Feels just right for Smash, Kid Icarus and even Monster Hunter.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

UGXwolf

@SockoMario I've found that Mega Man is actually a rather unique character that the majority of players would rightfully find difficult to use. It seems that his playstyle would revolve around keeping characters in range for him, but out of range for themselves. He can rack up damage when he's trying, but getting a kill is much more difficult, as you basically have to set it up just right. He only has a few really good kill moves, and they're all fairly close ranged. It only makes sense that most players have trouble working with this, as compared to, say, Link, whose moveset is incredibly straight forward, pretty powerful and his only real weakness is that his attacks are still slow enough to be interuptted with relative easy by just about any quick enemy.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Kewlan

Nevermind, I don't even know if I'll buy the Wii U version. The combat is too bad overall. Way too restricting in certain areas, the Circle Pad (and probably Analog Stick) making directions sometimes inaccurate compared to Keyboard.
Everything else is amazing, but if the core element of the game won't work then it's all ruined... :/

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Inkling

Kewlan wrote:

Nevermind, I don't even know if I'll buy the Wii U version. The combat is too bad overall. Way too restricting in certain areas, the Circle Pad (and probably Analog Stick) making directions sometimes inaccurate compared to Keyboard.
Everything else is amazing, but if the core element of the game won't work then it's all ruined... :/

NO KEWLAN YOU MUST GET SMASH

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

TeeJay

Kewlan wrote:

Your loss.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

KO-Cub

Kewlan wrote:

I haven't played the WiiU version but I doubt the WiiU version would feel like the 3ds version. The WiiU has better performance soI bet the feel would be better than the 3ds, especially with the controller differences. I doubt you'll miss on this smash gen. The only combat problem I have is the smash attacks doing way to much launch at low percentages.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

The_Ninja

Kewlan wrote:

Atleast buy the game to try it. Often demos don't give you a good enough feel for the game.

I have never been this hyped for a game and cant wait to get it in the mail in 11 days!! I hope that Nintendo has some tournaments for the game, like with MK8.

Also, I'm not sure if I should get a grip. The demo didn't give me cramps at all, but I only played it for 10 hours. (In total. My average play time was like 2 hours) You guys know any comfortable grips in case I have to get one?

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

CapeSmash

Kewlan wrote:

Okay, the only problem I have with the gameplay is the blast lines. They're ridiculous. But other than that, it's really great. Also, I don't understand what you're talking about. Go in depth please.

EDIT: If you're talking about it being hard to do tilts and smash attacks, that's just the circle pad. The issue non-existint on an analog stick.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Uncle_Franklin

@SockoMario

"Going by that logic, New Super Mario Bros. Wii is the same game as New Super Mario Bros. U because the gameplay is the same."

Well...

Uncle_Franklin

Samurai

The demo is pretty fun honestly what do you think of the CPU levels? i was kinda disappointed at the level 9 CPU kinda was hoping it was harder i was able to handle a level 9 cpu within 2-3games im sure im not the only one here lol idk what does everyone think ?

Samurai

LzWinky

Kewlan wrote:

So it doesn't work for you?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Justlink

Samurai wrote:

The demo is pretty fun honestly what do you think of the CPU levels? i was kinda disappointed at the level 9 CPU kinda was hoping it was harder i was able to handle a level 9 cpu within 2-3games im sure im not the only one here lol idk what does everyone think ?

Don't know if its just me, but sometimes level 9's are super easy and sometimes as hard as possible

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Undead_terror

Samurai wrote:

Ya I think they may of been harder in the old games, I know one thing and when I was playing as Villager against villager, the lvl 9 CPU Villager would use that missle attack (left or right + B) and would constantly press down like doing a bad dance or was tea bagging the ground, this happened if you were far away.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Justlink

Franklin wrote:

@SockoMario

"Going by that logic, New Super Mario Bros. Wii is the same game as New Super Mario Bros. U because the gameplay is the same."

Well...

Doesn't Call of Duty have the same problem?

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Uncle_Franklin

justlink wrote:

Franklin wrote:

@SockoMario

Well...

Doesn't Call of Duty have the same problem?

Probably, I've never played it.

Uncle_Franklin

Captain_Toad

Samurai wrote:

Heh, if you're a regular smasher and can go toe to toe with subspace emmys on intense it could be a challenge not so much to the point of aggravation..depends on the person tho. try figting pikachus on lvl 9's. Heh, I wonder about the level 50s tho from amiibos only as Nintyman said.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

MegaStoneSmash91

I've found that some characters are easier to beat on lvl. 9 than others. Villager and Link are actually fairly tame at lvl. 9, while Mario is just annoying as can be. Mega Man isn't too hard either, but Pikachu is a bit closer to Mario. They definitely seem a bit harder than in Brawl, but the difference isn't too terribly big. One of the main things I noticed is how often they use their shield and grab. They love those a bit too much.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

NintendoFan64

Okay, I know I'm probably the odd one out, but I haven't downloaded the demo. It's mainly because I want to wait and experience the game in its entirety. Though judging by the comments, the cpu levels range from "alright" to "infuriating".

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

GamecubeMan

Where is the hype train because the game releases in less than two weeks???!!!! >:[

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

LzWinky

GamecubeMan wrote:

Where is the hype train because the game releases in less than two weeks???!!!! >:[

Where were you when it stopped by your place? You just missed it

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.