Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 3,201 to 3,220 of 5,084

Shirma_Akayaku

SuperMalleo wrote:

Can anybody tell me what's the best place to get Smash Bros. 3DS on launch day? I'll try to be there when the store opens.

If you want immediate access, download it. If you can wait for morning (or in some case wait the next day) to come and you want something physical with a manual, then buy it at a store. I'd recommend downloading it though.

Tasuki wrote:

SuperMalleo wrote:

Can anybody tell me what's the best place to get Smash Bros. 3DS on launch day? I'll try to be there when the store opens.

Your best bet then is probably to put a preorder in at somewhere like Gamestop.

Places other than Gamestop would be better. Gamestop should either be a last resort or closest option.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

MegaStoneSmash91

Tasuki wrote:

Ok so I actually got to play a bit today and now that I have an idea what I am doing I have to say I am really enjoying this game. I have won the last 6 out of 7 matches and I have been using Mega Man. Still not quite sure what button does what so its more of me just mashing buttons at this point lol. Also not sure what each item does but that's ok I can learn.

I can see where this game will be fun with more players.

Looking forward to this one and the Wii U version indeed.

If you want to mess around with the controls and characters, play against a single lvl. 1 CPU. They will fight back very little, and you have plenty of opportunities to see what button and direction combos do what. This helps with learning characters with more obscure moves, like Mega Man. If you've watched the how to play movie, then you know exactly how many moves each character has and the different button inputs needed. Smash is pretty straightforward compared to other fighting games with their endless memorization and fancy combos. All you need is to spend some time with it.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Nintendo6400

Why not midnight launch at gamestop?

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Shirma_Akayaku

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Why not midnight launch at gamestop?

Because they pretty much stopped doing that all together. Do you see Nintendo games getting the midnight launch treatment? Not really.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

LzWinky

There is one store having a midnight launch!

The eShop

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

C-Olimar

"Unlikely to get a sequel anytime soon."
Was nobody else secretly hoping Ice Climber was the next dead IP to get the Sakurai treatment?

C-Olimar

LordSpade

I don't know why people complain about Doctor Mario, Lucina and Black Pit, I thought everybody wanted the Mario tornado back, It's not like they picked Doctor Mario over Mewtwo, Roy or Ridley, they probably just took a model that was going to be used as a trophy and slapped Mario's moveset with some changes, whereas Ridley (Or any other character, really) would take more time from Sakurai's team, having to think of a proper moveset to go with the character, create all of the animations, program all of his attacks, etc.
Besides, good ol' doc was one of my mains in melee, and I'm a huge FE fan, so I'm excited to play as him and Lucina

Edited on by LordSpade

LordSpade

Smash_kirby

C-Olimar wrote:

Was nobody else secretly hoping Ice Climber was the next dead IP to get the Sakurai treatment?

I was as well, they have so much possibilities for a game considering what Sakurai brought to Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Smash_kirby

NintendoFan64

Smash_kirby wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

I was as well, they have so much possibilities for a game considering what Sakurai brought to Kid Icarus: Uprising.

That actually reminds me of something I read a while ago. Someone thought that maybe they could make an Ice Climber game in the same vein as a Metroid game...I would actually like to see that.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Undead_terror

I don't care for IC's much but if they made it back in a new game then I would like to see this!
Untitled
That is a cute costume!

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Tasuki

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Ok so I actually got to play a bit today and now that I have an idea what I am doing I have to say I am really enjoying this game. I have won the last 6 out of 7 matches and I have been using Mega Man. Still not quite sure what button does what so its more of me just mashing buttons at this point lol. Also not sure what each item does but that's ok I can learn.

I can see where this game will be fun with more players.

Looking forward to this one and the Wii U version indeed.

If you want to mess around with the controls and characters, play against a single lvl. 1 CPU. They will fight back very little, and you have plenty of opportunities to see what button and direction combos do what. This helps with learning characters with more obscure moves, like Mega Man. If you've watched the how to play movie, then you know exactly how many moves each character has and the different button inputs needed. Smash is pretty straightforward compared to other fighting games with their endless memorization and fancy combos. All you need is to spend some time with it.

That's great advice thanks. I am hoping that on my next day off I can really play around with the game and figure it out more. It's seems to me to be one of those games that's easy to learn to tough to master. I have a feeling I will be putting alot of time into this game when it comes out, both on the 3DS and the Wii U.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

spongebob16

What mode will you play first and what character will you use first?

spongebob16

Grumblevolcano

C-Olimar wrote:

I was hoping F-Zero would be revived but for that to be hinted at, a new F-Zero character would have needed to be playable in Smash. I think Pico, Michael Chain or Black Shadow is most suitable as Samurai Goroh would have led to continued "too many swordsmen" complaining. At least Robin and Shulk has variety due to magic and the Monado forms respectively.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

UGXwolf

spongebob16 wrote:

Classic and Little Mac. I've actually thought about this.

Also, a few corrections, the "DLC leak" actually said "Chorus Kids" and not "Wolf." Second, Sakurai never said Smash 4 would have a smaller roster than Brawl. Ever. At any point. The closest he said to this was something along the lines of "We want to bring back all the characters from Smash, but there will have to be some cuts." I don't know where this fanbase pulled the "less than Brawl" thing from, but he never said that. Also, Sakurai didn't said the Ice Climbers COULDN'T work on the 3DS, he said they didn't and then specified that they were low priority. Who, then, was high priority? Rosalina, of course. She's been getting big in the Mario universe, and it appears that she'll be sticking around for quite some time. (I also paid note to the fact that Ice Climbers were apparently the only ones he actually went into detail about. All this tells me is that the Ice Climbers were likely the only characters with a hardware-related issue. I maintain that if character DLC comes up, Wolf is among the top characters on the list of things to bring back.)

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MegaStoneSmash91

spongebob16 wrote:

Smash Run with Mega Man. I've had this in my mind for a while. Didn't get to play Smash Run at Smash Fest, and videos of the mode aren't good enough. After that I'll probably tackle Classic with a couple characters, then try out a few other things before playing some matches with a friend.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

DreamyViridi

spongebob16 wrote:

Classic Mode with Mario. Smash Run with Marth.
Then head over to Training Mode to learn some of the newcomers.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

DreamyViridi

Oh right, the POTD. Do we still care about that or are we not posting these here anymore?

Untitled
Pic of the day. Here's a glimpse of StreetSmash. Make sure to set this up once you get the game. The more fighters you play against at once, the more loot you can earn.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.