Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 2,601 to 2,620 of 5,211

Grumblevolcano

I'm hoping the leak is wrong and we get Tails instead.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Navitroid

Splatom wrote:

HYPE

Will the hype train ever stop?

Edited on by Navitroid

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Grumblevolcano

Miss_Pixelheart wrote:

Splatom wrote:

HYPE

Will the hype train ever stop?
No sir, I believe It's only going faster
Attention! The next halt is 3 October

Haha, Gotta love having conversations with yourself

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Yellowtails

Nintenbomba64 wrote:

Smash should of been 5 players because on the 3DS, KI:U had 6 players (MADE BY SAKURAI BTW!) and the Wii U can have up to 5 players (including the Wii U)

There should be a mode where you can have up to 8 players fighting. That would be crazy, but fun.

Yellowtails

DefHalan

UGXwolf wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

The fact that the Ice Climbers AI is probably more complex than Luma does matter. I am not sure if the game could handle 4 CPU Ice Climbers with 8 AI running at the same time.

This is fact? They just follow each other and attack with a 1 second delay of each other.

you haven't played Ice Climbers have you? It isn't as simple as that. It is possible to separate the Ice Climbers to attack from multiple angels. There is a lot of AI behind Ice Climbers. Luma doesn't seem to have as much AI

I'm gonna have to disagree on that one. Luma breaks all the established rules of the game. Nana does not. This means that Luma has its OWN set of rules, which would make him more complex than Nana is. As for Ice Climbers separating, that seems more like tricking the AI than an intentional complication of the AI, itself.

my experience with Ice Climbers and Rosalina left me with the impression that Luma's AI was far below that of Ice Climbers. Luma, to me, was more of a way to attack and less of a partner. I couldn't do much with Luma, I may just need to practice. Luma seemed very simple in the way it moved and most importantly didn't seem affected to much by physics. Ice Climbers on the other hand feel like a partner that you have minor control over. Also the physics affect both Ice Climbers the same way. For these reasons I can totally see how Rosalina & Luma would be easier on the hardware than Ice Climbers. Luma just doesn't seem that smart compared to Ice Climbers

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

19Robb92

There's no way the Luma requires more complicated calculations than The Ice Climbers. Luma is nothing more than a mimmic of Rosalina, it's not capable of performing its own actions. The Ice Climbers are a lot more complicated.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

DreamyViridi

I personally hope the character that's revealed is someone we don't know yet, as in someone that wasn't leaked.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature. Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels /

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

MisterPi

It's also necessary to consider that you can't knock Luma away from Rosalina, and if you do, I think it just blows up and is replaced. Ice climbers, you can completely separate the two characters, even kill one while the other lives. I'm going to say IC definitely require more work on a technical level than Rosalina. Those are my thoughts.

I can't wait for the stream, I hope the mode is an event mode or something even better

Edited on by MisterPi

MisterPi

Kewlan

Holy cheese, 8 hours?! Think they'll show us some new Zelda U stuff?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

DefHalan

Kewlan wrote:

No, they have so many other games coming out sooner. Plus we still haven't seen any Star Fox footage.

Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Captain Toad
Mario Party 10
Yoshi's Wooly World
Pokemon Omega/Alpha
Sonic Boom
possible indie games.

Grumblevolcano

DefHalan wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

No, they have so many other games coming out sooner. Plus we still haven't seen any Star Fox footage.

Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Captain Toad
Mario Party 10
Yoshi's Wooly World
Pokemon Omega/Alpha
Sonic Boom
possible indie games.

I'm hoping for Splatoon and Mario Kart 8.

Grumblevolcano

Kewlan

It's 8 hours tho, they'd be able to fit in another 1 minute video... please...

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

MisterPi

I'm betting the only time we will see any Zelda u video is E3 or a Japanese event.

MisterPi

DefHalan

Kewlan wrote:

It's 8 hours tho, they'd be able to fit in another 1 minute video... please...

I really don't think so. That game is a long way from coming imo. I am going to be impressed if they actually release it next year. Zelda is just too far for them to be pushing right now. Nintendo is probably going to focus on this year and early next year.

@Grumblevolcano
Can't believe I forgot those two

Shirma_Akayaku

Okay, I'm taking requests for people on recording voice clips for any character from the 3DS and Wii U version. These voice clip requests can apply to any character, assist trophy, etc. I already have Rosalina & Luma on my list, so I'll take any others.
Untitled

If you wanna make a request, please add my name so I'll get an email too.
@Shirma_Akayaku

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

UGXwolf

You guys are arguing from the point of what the player has to do to get the characters to act a certain way, but you're missing the obvious point that the more work it takes for the player, the less the CPU actually had to do. Luma's AI breaks the rules and physics of Smash meaning that Luma has its own set of rules. Luma is affected by gravity, but its in a very strange way and the fact that Luma can be knocked out via damage and brought back without a KO is further proof that Luma has an entirely different set of rules.

Nana is literally a Popo with an AI that tries to copy and stay next to the player. The fact that the player can desynch them is evidence that the AI is actually weaker, as its goal is to stay by Popo and do what he does. Desynching Ice Climbers is accomplished by tricking the AI. I seriously don't see how anyone actually thinks Ice Climbers are harder on the CPU than RosaLuma.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

TeeJay

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

Okay, I'm taking requests for people on recording voice clips for any character from the 3DS and Wii U version. These voice clip requests can apply to any character, assist trophy, etc. I already have Rosalina & Luma on my list, so I'll take any others.
Untitled

@Shirma_Akayaku

Huh...wha? You have the game?!

TeeJay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Shirma_Akayaku

TeeJay wrote:

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

Untitled

@Shirma_Akayaku

Huh...wha? You have the game?!

I'm currently trying to get the Japanese version, but attempts to do so has been futile. The minute the game comes out in the US, that's when I'll start. It'll be at midnight (download).

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

19Robb92

UGXwolf wrote:

Luma's AI breaks the rules and physics of Smash meaning that Luma has its own set of rules.

Doesn't matter as long as the calculations are simple. That is what puts pressure on the system. The only "AI" (if you can even call it that) the Luma has is floating from one corner to another when separated. That is it. It's an extremely simple program. Every attack is just a mimic and all handled by the player.

Nana actually has AI. She can perform moves on her own, save herself from falls, jump on to higher located platforms etc. all by herself. She is not just a mimic version of Popo when separated, she turns in to a standalone CPU. While she has limited capabilities, she is still far more advanced than the Luma.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic