Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 2,621 to 2,640 of 5,084

SparkOfSpirit

MrMario02 wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Untitled

"Pic of the day. In Classic mode, a roller spins before every stage to determine your reward. Rewards in red are for customization, green ones are trophies, and yellow means precious gold. Of course, if you raise the intensity, the abundance of these rewards will increase quite a bit, too. You can be rewarded in every stage, so in that way this mode might be a little more generous compared to previous games in the series."

Untitled

"And here's the results screen. It shows what you gained in each stage, but you won't be rewarded until you clear it all. If you mess up in the middle, you can lose some of them too. The fighter icons are special attacks, and icons like the shield are equipment. The icons that say Mii on them are hats and clothes for Mii characters. Icons that show characters on a stand are trophies, of course, and the coins are gold you earned."

Bonus:

Untitled

Larry Koopa confirmed.

No thats just a trophy

Out of curiosity, which games feature Larry riding in the clown car alone?

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

CapeSmash

@MrMario02 Larry and the rest Koopalings are alts for Bowser Jr.

@SparkOfSpirit None.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

MegaStoneSmash91

@SparkOfSpirit Well, it seems @Morphbug already said all there is to say on the Larry trophy. Personally, I was a tad skeptical that Bowser Jr.'s costumes would be the seven Koopalings. There would need to be seven different character models and voice/announcer lines for each one. Now they are looking pretty obvious, and I really like that. After all, they've done the same sort of thing with Olimar. I'll probably use them more than Jr. himself.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

UGXwolf

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

@SparkOfSpirit Well, it seems @Morphbug already said all there is to say on the Larry trophy. Personally, I was a tad skeptical that Bowser Jr.'s costumes would be the seven Koopalings. There would need to be seven different character models and voice/announcer lines for each one. Now they are looking pretty obvious, and I really like that. After all, they've done the same sort of thing with Olimar. I'll probably use them more than Jr. himself.

Assuming the leaked picture is unedited, that is.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Grumblevolcano

Isn't the final screenshot just one of the "leak" photos though hence this means nothing.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

SparkOfSpirit Well, it seems Morphbug already said all there is to say on the Larry trophy. Personally, I was a tad skeptical that Bowser Jr.'s costumes would be the seven Koopalings. There would need to be seven different character models and voice/announcer lines for each one. Now they are looking pretty obvious, and I really like that. After all, they've done the same sort of thing with Olimar. I'll probably use them more than Jr. himself.

I guess they could just have the announcer and crowds call all 7 koopalings collectively as "Koopaling". That would save them some voice acting. They'd still need to have voice clips for each one though.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CapeSmash

The ones in bold have been OFFICIALLY confirmed.

-Snake, Lucas, Ice Climbers (Why), and Wolf are cut
-Doctor Mario is back as a clone
-Dark Pit is a newcomer as a clone
-Each character gets 8 alternate costumes, whether they be pallet swaps or new costumes.
-Alph appears as 4 of Olimar's costumes, while the other 4 are Olimar's.
-Shulk will be playable with Gaur Plains as his stage, his neutral B changes his Monado mode which essentially makes him dish more damage and take more, or do less damage, and take less.
-Bowser Jr appears as a new comer and allegedly fights from a koopa clown car... has no alt colors, but instead has the 7 koopalings as alts.
-Duck Hunt is in... from what I've been told it's the duck hunt dog fighting with ducks on his back who assist for certain attacks...
-Shulk has like 5 different mode swaps
-Bowser Jr rides in a koopa kart that attacks with cannon balls and boxing gloves and stuff that eject from the clowns mouth.
-Mario has a new blue color
-Bowser has a new green color and blue color

The leaker said this was Mario's new blue color (true):
Untitled
Keep in mind, the color stuff was said before E3.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

CapeSmash

SuperMalleo wrote:

What annoys me is the title. Why just "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS"? That's a lazy name. They should've called it "Super Smash Bros. 4" or "Super Smash Bros. Fighter's Dreams" or something.

I think in Japan it's called "Great Battle Smash Brothers".

Smash Mains:

Grumblevolcano

If the whole situation about Bowser Jr. ends up being true, I'd expect a huge amount of people using Morton as he's OP in Mario Kart 8.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Undead_terror

SuperMalleo wrote:

What annoys me is the title. Why just "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS"? That's a lazy name. They should've called it "Super Smash Bros. 4" or "Super Smash Bros. Fighter's Dreams" or something.

Or Super Smash Bros. Showdown.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Shirma_Akayaku

Undead_terror wrote:

SuperMalleo wrote:

I would've went with Super Smash Bros. Dimensions or Super Smash Bros. Ultra or Super Smash Bros. Universe.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Jazzer94

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

SuperMalleo wrote:

I would've went with Super Smash Bros. Dimensions or Super Smash Bros. Ultra or Super Smash Bros. Universe.

None of those names have anything to do with fighting though where as Showdown does.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Undead_terror

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

SuperMalleo wrote:

Funny enough, someone made a list of music for Super Smash Bros Universe on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbP9B0bK_wo&list=RDTbP9B0... Showdown was a fan favorite name, but dimensions is a new one.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

SparkOfSpirit

Morphbug wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

SparkOfSpirit Well, it seems Morphbug already said all there is to say on the Larry trophy. Personally, I was a tad skeptical that Bowser Jr.'s costumes would be the seven Koopalings. There would need to be seven different character models and voice/announcer lines for each one. Now they are looking pretty obvious, and I really like that. After all, they've done the same sort of thing with Olimar. I'll probably use them more than Jr. himself.

I guess they could just have the announcer and crowds call all 7 koopalings collectively as "Koopaling". That would save them some voice acting. They'd still need to have voice clips for each one though.

I would bet they would just use individual names. I don't think the announcer gets paid by character name.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

NintendoFan64

SockoMario wrote:

The ones in bold have been OFFICIALLY confirmed.

-Snake, Lucas, Ice Climbers (Why), and Wolf are cut

Um...when was that officially confirmed and how?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

NintendoFan64

OH! My bad.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

e-love

SuperMalleo wrote:

This bothers me too. So uninspired.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

UGXwolf

SuperMalleo wrote:

I believe its due to the unusual nature of having treetop separate versions and Sakurai's insurance that they aren't the same game.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.