Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 5,084

Tasuki

So I didn't watch the direct so not sure if they mentioned this, is there a difference between the 3DS and Wii U versions or is it just like UMH3 where it is the same game just different consoles.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Eel

Mizore wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Mizore wrote:

I'm pretty sure its still happening, but when Sakurai said he's excluding transformations for previous characters...this doesn't include Kirby, right? >.> lol

Kirby is not a full transformation with different moves. He only changes one move (the B move)

Also, did anyone notice that Sheik looks more like a male in this game?

Yeah I know...have we even seen any of Kirby's copy abilities? I dunno why I got worried about it, whatever. xD

Untitled

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LzWinky

Thanks for saving me the trouble

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Nuuzen

So, anyone else going to reserve this ASAP, today? XD

Nuuzen

3DS Friend Code: 1048-8838-7829 | Nintendo Network ID: Nudull

LzWinky

Moorpheel wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Thanks for saving me the trouble

It was an awkward moment when I realized you had ninja'd me in another thread

Don't feel too bad. We just thought of it at the same time!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Uncle_Franklin

So far I think the 3DS stages look much more appealing.

As there are only a few more months to go, I think it's possible that we've seen most of the srarters, with unlockable characters not being revealed before release.

Uncle_Franklin

RR529

@Tasuki, yes, there will be differences between the 3DS & Wii U versions.

They will have different stages, trophies (not mentioned in the direct, but in a PotD), and each version will have a mode exclusive to that version.

the unique 3DS mode is called "Smash Run", and features a dungeon filled with iconic enemies (goombas, koopas, kremlings, tikis, stalfos, waddle dees, etc.), and all players will have five minutes to explore the dungeon to find stat boosting stickers (enemy placements are completely random, and a random stipulation may be in place at the start of a round, like Bullet Bills chasing everyone, to ensure no two matches are ever the same). At the end of the 5 minutes, the players are thrown into a standard match (in a random arena), except that their strength depends on what stickers they collected while in the dungeon.

The Wii U exclusive mode will be revealed at a later date.

They both share the same fighter roster, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Socar

Wonder if Captain Falcon will come back?

I'm impressed that Nintendo is making the game online mode as well. But I'm disappointed that it doesn't have anything single player.........

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

WebHead

Can Smash Run be played alone?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

adamkop

WebHead wrote:

Can Smash Run be played alone?

I guess that you can - AI would just take the responsibility of other players. Kirby's Air Ride played the same way.

I just hope that stickers will come back as well. I had a blast collecting those, even though they were simple 2D cutouts of existing images.

adamkop

Tasuki

RR529 wrote:

@Tasuki, yes, there will be differences between the 3DS & Wii U versions.

They will have different stages, trophies (not mentioned in the direct, but in a PotD), and each version will have a mode exclusive to that version.

the unique 3DS mode is called "Smash Run", and features a dungeon filled with iconic enemies (goombas, koopas, kremlings, tikis, stalfos, waddle dees, etc.), and all players will have five minutes to explore the dungeon to find stat boosting stickers (enemy placements are completely random, and a random stipulation may be in place at the start of a round, like Bullet Bills chasing everyone, to ensure no two matches are ever the same). At the end of the 5 minutes, the players are thrown into a standard match (in a random arena), except that their strength depends on what stickers they collected while in the dungeon.

The Wii U exclusive mode will be revealed at a later date.

They both share the same fighter roster, though.

Ah ok. So that's nice that they are releasing them at different times at least for me. That Smash mode sound interesting.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

WebHead

the release date for SSB 3DS will probably be announced at E3. I suspect it will be in August.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

LzWinky

I suspect June or July

Edited on by LzWinky

Knux

Well, I know what I'll be playing this summer between this and Mario Kart 8.

Knux

RR529

Artwark wrote:

Wonder if Captain Falcon will come back?

I'm impressed that Nintendo is making the game online mode as well. But I'm disappointed that it doesn't have anything single player.........

It'll definitely have single player options, no need to worry about that.

It'll surely have "Classic Mode" (wouldn't be Smash without Master Hand), "Home Run Derby", & "Break the Targets". Of course, it'll also have training & normal match modes as well.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Whydoievenbother

Favorite character:
Little Mac
Favorite stage:
Balloon Fight
Favorite Assist trophy:
Dark Samus
Favorite Item:
Steel Diver
Favorite Pokeball Pokemon:
Fennekin
Favorite Mode:
Smash Run

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

mystman12

Cool! Wouldn't it be awesome if your Miis could show up on that stage, doing weird Tomadachi Life stuff?

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Jazzer94

Smash Run is going to be tons of fun and absolutely chaotic especially once people get good at it.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.