3DS Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Showing 1,361 to 1,380 of 5,278

AuthorMessage

playfuljoe

1,361. Posted:

Such a long thread to read all your comments. :D
But I'd appreciate if someone could tell me the latest 3Ds game or if there's another thread that discusses 3DS? Since I really want to know more about the latest release of Super Smash Bros.

Thanks!

playfuljoe

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,362. Posted:

Untitled
"Little Mac's side smash attack is his straight right punch...but it can transform into an uppercut if you tilt diagonally upward, or a body hook if you tilt diagonally downward. The body hook is the most devastating of these moves and it doesn't blast the opponents away."

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,363. Posted:

More from Sakurai:
"The trick in activating these punches is to avoid tilting the controls diagonally from the get go--instead, tilt up or down right after the smash attack starts kicking in. You can also tilt up or down while you're powering up."

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

1,364. Posted:

Little mac is.... a.... MENACE to be reckoned with on the ground!

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Remember N64 Turoks? Want it on VC?
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

1,365. Posted:

Captain_Toad wrote:

Little mac is.... a.... MENACE to be reckoned with on the ground!

But he's a plastic bag in the wind in the air!!

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND LORDJUMPMAD!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

1,366. Posted:

Shoot him with arrows then run away. Then watch him LOSE

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

1,367. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Shoot him with arrows then run away. Then watch him LOSE

Little Mac could punch those puny arrows right back at ya, so yeah :P

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND LORDJUMPMAD!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,368. Posted:

Untitled
"Here's a new stage for the 3DS version: Tortimer Island! I've been here countless times to catch bugs."

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Squid

1,369. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"Here's a new stage for the 3DS version: Tortimer Island! I've been here countless times to catch bugs."

Looks like a really odd camera angle... Meh, this stage is not that exciting. I don't know many ways they could make this one more interesting.

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,370. Posted:

Untitled
"What a beautiful day. On this stage, fighters are randomly placed on a different island layout every time they visit. Yar, come back anytime, will ye?"

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

BlackStar9000

1,371. Posted:

That Island could be one of the most interesting stages if..........it rotates! like in 2.5 D games, sharks eat you if you stay in the water too long, pick up different bugs and throw them at each other for damage, Tidal waves come crashing in on both sides at random intervals sending victims flying, play AC themed mini games while fighting similar to the Warioware stage from brawl, day to night transistions, sounds fun right?

BlackStar9000

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

1,372. Posted:

I think the fact that the layout will be different every time you play on this stage is a nice feature. That's pretty interesting, if you ask me. Otherwise, it could be a rather simple stage, which isn't a bad thing. There might be more than one tree on some layouts (and therefore more platforms) and perhaps they will grow different kinds of fruit. The fruit could be knocked off the tree and thrown at other players. Since I play New Leaf, this stage is quite nice to see, even though we technically knew about it already when Sakurai posted that pic of Kapp'n.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

WesCash

1,373. Posted:

I really want the 3DS version to be good, but I just can't see the controls working. The circle pad is a poor excuse for an analog stick and the 3DS itself isn't terribly comfortable to hold. A portable Smash Bros. would be awesome and it makes me sad that it might be ruined by the hardware it's released on.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

AuthorMessage

mamp

1,374. Posted:

@WesCash I have the same exact concern you do, I'm hoping they add CPP support, it may be bulky but it make the 3DS a lot more comfortable to hold.

also OMG that Animal Crossing stage, I LOVE IT!!!

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

1,375. Posted:

I think Tortimer Island is more interesting than Smashville.

Console Usernames: Rc

Not an "LOL" this time, but pretty cool.

Ashley is best AT.

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

The Best Thing Ever

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

Artwark

1,376. Posted:

@WesCash @mamp uhhhh..........what's wrong with just using the d-pad? obviously, its side scrolling so you wouldn't be using the circle pad.

Seriously why do people still use the circle pad for side scrolling games when they can use the D-pad instead? :P

I'm looking forward to this one. There's a reason why Smash on DS wasn't possible to make unlike now so I'm glad there's a handheld version of the game.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage

mamp

1,377. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

@WesCash @mamp uhhhh..........what's wrong with just using the d-pad? obviously, its side scrolling so you wouldn't be using the circle pad.

Seriously why do people still use the circle pad for side scrolling games when they can use the D-pad instead? :P

I'm looking forward to this one. There's a reason why Smash on DS wasn't possible to make unlike now so I'm glad there's a handheld version of the game.

I was saying that the CPP makes the 3DS better to hold, we were talking about how the 3DS is pretty uncomfortable to hold and it might make a game like smash on the 3DS a little harder to play than the Wii U version.
How @Wescash plans on solving the circle pad problem IDK about that part.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

WesCash

1,378. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

@WesCash @mamp uhhhh..........what's wrong with just using the d-pad?

The d-pad would be terrible for Smash Bros. I'm pretty sure most people would agree with that. I certainly don't intend to sound arrogant or elitist, but I do consider myself to be a very experienced and high level Smash player. The d-pad has nowhere near the input speed or directional versatility that an analog stick has. Analog Stick > Circle Pad > D-Pad

@mamp
I agree that the CPP makes the 3DS much more comfortable. I'd love if it was compatible with Smash Bros. If not, I may have to consider upgrading to a 3DS XL. Prices are pretty reasonable now (and there are some good bundles), and I could probably sell my original 3DS for a decent price.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

AuthorMessage

Bubbab5

1,379. Posted:

Yeah my thread is being over shadowed big time:(

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

1,380. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

I'm not sure how the D pad feels on a regular 3DS, but I've found the D pad on the XL to be much too clicky and stiff. Maybe it's because I don't use it much, I don't know, but I have since used the circle pad for everything. If feels more comfortable than the aforementiond clicky D pad.

Speaking of comfort, I will agree that the original 3DS could become rather annoying to hold for long periods of time. I never owned one personally, but I've played on one for a while. After getting a 3DS XL for myself, it became clear that I made a good choice. It's much more comfortable to hold, and of course the other perks are nice, too. Playing Smash on it shall be a treat.

And about playing Smash with the D pad, I don't think that would work too well. In Brawl you can use the Wii Remote on its side to play, but it felt weird using a D pad. You need those 8 directions and more sensitive input despite it being a side-scroller type series. Tapping the stick quickly in a direction is an important action you need to perform, and it's one of the reasons the D pad feels odd for Smash. There is no "gently", or "slowly", or even any tapping with a D pad, It's either pressed down, or it isn't. I know some people used the Wii Remote set up, but they were clearly a minority. Smash Bros. works best with an analog stick, but I don't think the circle pad will be too bad either.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91