Forums

Topic: Pokemon Z

Posts 221 to 240 of 777

Blast

I also wanna see Gamefreak really improve on making you feel like you're a Pokemon Champion when you beat the Elite 4. I also want them to add many fun side activities.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

IceClimbers

I personally felt that on the initial playthrough, XY was able to capture the feeling of originals, something that I feel that BW utterly failed at largely because of the focus on the story. The story in BW was great though.

Edit: However, XY didn't stand the test of time at all as it ended up being extremely forgettable within a few months.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

-Green-

Anyways, just to stir up some lively conversation. What aspects, ideas, and features from other games would you like to be used in Pokemon Z (or whatever it ends up being called)?

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Sleepingmudkip

to make the perfect pokemon game they need to have at least a 3 to 4 year development cycle for this game.

designers of the pokemon need to look at the simplistic way gen 1 and 2 made their pokemon and use that for influence. They need to take how the atmosphere of ORAS was and utilize that for building the game world. story wise they should take elements from gen 3,4 and 5. Lastly take take the feel of the original games and X&Y where you are a person going on this fun adventure and implement that into the game.....game story in my opinion(most likely unpopular) should be 15 to 30 hours at least because X&Y I honeslty felt like I finished in less then 10 hours which is very short(I finished X in 2 days....that how you know it is too short.)

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

-Green-

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

to make the perfect pokemon game they need to have at least a 3 to 4 year development cycle for this game.

designers of the pokemon need to look at the simplistic way gen 1 and 2 made their pokemon and use that for influence. They need to take how the atmosphere of ORAS was and utilize that for building the game world. story wise they should take elements from gen 3,4 and 5. Lastly take take the feel of the original games and X&Y where you are a person going on this fun adventure and implement that into the game.....game story in my opinion(most likely unpopular) should be 15 to 30 hours at least because X&Y I honeslty felt like I finished in less then 10 hours which is very short(I finished X in 2 days....that how you know it is too short.)

If they're going for a bit more story depth in the game, I wouldn't mind them creating more dynamic and interesting characters and adding greater character development. Maybe add a bit more customization to your character, to make them feel unique, so they better represent you, and I wouldn't mind them allowing your character to actually have more decisions in the game, because they usually just remain quite the entire game.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Bolt_Strike

You know, one thing I noticed is that the last event Pokemon of a generation usually has multiple new forms (Deoxys, Arceus, Genesect kind of does too). But thus far, Volcanion does not. I'm wondering if Volcanion is going to get new ones, I could see him getting extra forms based on different sources of energy (solar energy, wind energy, etc.). That could be what the locked doors in the Power Plant are for.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Marakuto

I am starting to think that Zygarde will be a hive with mini lifeforms popping out of it's body. Gamefreak has done a good thing with form changes where each generation and brand new forms offer something unique, so we will be seeing it happen with Zygarde. I think that an environment based form change will happen since that hasn't happened e.g. Zygarde reacts to an environment move/place that triggers a form change, but anything is possible.

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals ...

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

Araquanid

New reports and sketchs are showing the new pokemon has a red stomache, and pulses the same color pattern as Zygarde.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Nintendo_Ninja

My guess is that the shadowy thing is a new legendary that will be a gen 7 cover Pokemon. The green thing is the celebi/victini/meloetta legendary of gen 7.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

nf_2

@Aromaiden: I thought XY and ORAS each had some really nice aspects to them. XY to me was really only lacking in postgame content. ORAS had the postgame content pretty well managed, but it wasn't a new game by any means.

It's laughable to compare Pokemon stories - they're all horrible. I much prefer the way the GB games handled it and left things pretty open. Spend less time on a story and create a more open world with more ways to explore. I'd go as far as saying make it open world, removing the normal "tracks" that have been a series staple for so long. Keep it 2.5D, but don't restrict movement in mostly north-south or east-west movements along routes. Using vertical exploration more would be nice as well. I'm not exactly suggesting Minecraft with Pokemon, because gyms, E4, etc. need to stay, but your goal should essentially be become the champion. Story shouldn't really play a huge part until AFTER you've become champ. I'm thinking that's when things can go down, because then it would make sense that you would have a role to play in defeating Random Evil Syndicate.

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

nf_2

@Nintendo_Ninja: They both look like they relate pretty heavily to Zygarde to me. Shadow is a new Zygarde form/mega. The small thing could be a Pheone to Zygarde's Manaphy, or part of the form/mega.

nf_2

Blast

Well… here’s some side quests I fantasize about in a Pokemon mainline game.

Pokemon Academy: The protagonist and his/her friend gets invited to a highly sophisticated Pokemon school. You will be given tests and quizzes about various things regarding Pokemon. Nothing too extreme but just fun challenges that test your Pokemon knowledge. You can also help out various other students in the school who are facing personal problems. By doing well in school, you unlock a cool Pokemon Academy uniform you can wear at anytime. One day… the bad guys visit the Academy to see if they can find any talent to recruit to their team. Your friend seems very suspicious of the bad guys and wants to figure out what the bad guys truly want. You and your friend eventually beat the bad guys… the Academy loves you for it.

Pokemon Champion Arc: You’ve finally become the Pokemon Champion! Many people are cheering your name and talking about all the accomplishments you did. Your friend is kinda jealous and frustrated because they’ve been with you during most of the journey and you guys brought down the bad guys together. N or another cool Pokemon character will approach you and tell you that your strength should be tested in Battle Frontier. You decide to walk away with N but your friend feels left out. This now begins a sequence of events of the gamer can actually control the best friend (limited of course). The best friend goes back to all the gyms and only sees your name acknowledged as victorious. Various people talk extremely highly of the protagonist even though the best friend also helped. In one last desperate move, your best friend goes to your home to speak to your mom about the matter. Your best friend explains how he/she feels like everything they’ve done means nothing. The mom tries to help the best friend to remind him/her the unbreakable bond the best friend and you have. Feeling better but still conflicted… your best friend leaves the home. Now it jumps back to you starting your way in Battle Frontier. As you climb the ladder in Battle Frontier… your friend will eventually reemerge. Your best friend is much stronger and wants to test his/her new skill. Of course you beat him/her and your friend grows closer to you in respect.

I have tons more side quest story content in my head… but I’ll stop for now.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Bolt_Strike

I can think of two sidequests that would be good for the next game:

1. Rhyhorn Racing. This is referenced in the game several times, but we never really get to do it. Surely they must have planned to do this at some point.
2. Spiritual successor to Join Avenue. Join Avenue is a perfect fit for Lumiose City, and with 6th gen's online environment, it'd be much livelier this time around. Also unlike the original Join Avenue, you could place stores in any of Lumiose's four avenues and can customize where you would put the shops.

I think there should be at least one more, but even having those two would be a significant improvement.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Nintendo_Ninja

If the next game is Pokemon Z, I hope it addresses the tons of problems Black and White 2 had as the first sequels.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

nf_2

@Nintendo_Ninja: If it is Z instead of XY2, it won't really be a sequel.

nf_2

DefHalan

@nf_2: It still could be a sequel, they are just names.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

nf_2

@DefHalan: Traditionally the "Z" version is a remastering, not a sequel.

nf_2

DefHalan

@nf_2: traditionally, yes. That doesn't mean that is what will happen lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

IceClimbers

@DefHalan: Well, if they're doing a sequel, do you really expect them to only have 1 version? Pretty sure they'd do two versions for more sales and to have direct sequels to X AND Y. X2 or XZ would be the sequel to X and Y2 or YZ would be the sequel to Y.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.