Forums

Topic: Pokemon Z

Posts 201 to 220 of 777

Sleepingmudkip

The thing is that X&Y could of had a deeper story without sacrificing the feeling that the original games had where you had to catch Em' All but I do see where both sides of the argument is coming from.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

-Green-

@Sleepingmudkip: I agree. That's why I'm hoping Pokemon Z can go much farther in depth than XY did. The story had so much potential, especially Yveltal and Xerneas. So they really have a lot of room to work with.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

-Green-

Actually, do you guys think Mewtwo or Charizard will receive a third Mega Evolution?

Sleepingmudkip

@Aromaiden: No and thank goodness for it. Those two are some of the most hyped up pokemon and I am starting to be sick of mega-evolutions. I want to see more Primal Reversion and pokemon getting more regular evolution for at least now.

-Green-

@Sleepingmudkip: Its kind of funny when you think about it, that Mega Mewtwo X or Y is stronger than Arceus, who is supposedly the God of Everything. In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if in Pokemon Z they introduce more Megas, considering they played a prominent role in XY.

-Juice-

I think Malva is set to be the next villain. They've built up her animosity for the 'Hero/Heroine of Kalos' to such an extent that it effects her well being. She's constantly burning with rage any time you interact with her, even in the Looker quest. I think she'd be cool as a villain, her rage would most likely lead her to being the "some people just want to watch the world burn" kind of person. If that were the case, she'd be such a polar opposite to Team Flare's original goals that it'd feel fresh. Also, think about this: Malva is the woman with control over the media. She could manipulate and control the population of Kalos without any problem. Think about playing a Pokemon game where everything you hear is a lie, where you have to actively seek the truth of the situation.

Also: I find that the 'New Pokemon" most likely isn't a new Pokemon at all. They're probably parts of Zygarde, considering their design patterns look way too similar for it to be a coincidence (the scales). Zygarde constantly monitors the world keeping balance, right? I think that this 'new Pokemon' is actually a drone that Zygarde uses as an eye on the world. Think of it as a biological surveillance camera that's a part of Zygarde, similar to a molecule. Perhaps when the world is out of balance, he calls them all back and then assembles back into his true form. The big shadowy form that we've been teased with. I can say with almost absolute certainty that the big shadow figure is Zygarde because the glowing parts are the same shape as the glowing parts on Zygarde. It seems to follow the same design pattern as well, what with the digital-molecule-scale look.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Bolt_Strike

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

I think Malva is set to be the next villain. They've built up her animosity for the 'Hero/Heroine of Kalos' to such an extent that it effects her well being. She's constantly burning with rage any time you interact with her, even in the Looker quest. I think she'd be cool as a villain, her rage would most likely lead her to being the "some people just want to watch the world burn" kind of person. If that were the case, she'd be such a polar opposite to Team Flare's original goals that it'd feel fresh. Also, think about this: Malva is the woman with control over the media. She could manipulate and control the population of Kalos without any problem. Think about playing a Pokemon game where everything you hear is a lie, where you have to actively seek the truth of the situation.

I agree, Malva would make an excellent villain for XY2. She's well connected to the region, she's not only the Holocaster reporter but one of the Elite 4, so she probably has a lot of clout in the region and there could be a lot of interesting twists in the storyline because of that. I'm imagining a scenario where you go to challenge her in the Pokemon League and then suddenly, she ambushes you with tons of Team Flare Grunts to keep you busy while she goes to complete her plan. And given her role in the Looker Bureau arc, she does come off as a master manipulator. It's a shame that she wasn't utilized more in XY's plot, but I think they can make up for it in XY2.

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

Also: I find that the 'New Pokemon" most likely isn't a new Pokemon at all. They're probably parts of Zygarde, considering their design patterns look way too similar for it to be a coincidence (the scales). Zygarde constantly monitors the world keeping balance, right? I think that this 'new Pokemon' is actually a drone that Zygarde uses as an eye on the world. Think of it as a biological surveillance camera that's a part of Zygarde, similar to a molecule. Perhaps when the world is out of balance, he calls them all back and then assembles back into his true form. The big shadowy form that we've been teased with. I can say with almost absolute certainty that the big shadow figure is Zygarde because the glowing parts are the same shape as the glowing parts on Zygarde. It seems to follow the same design pattern as well, what with the digital-molecule-scale look.

You're not the first person to mention that, and that's exactly what I think it is. In fact, it does mention in Y and AS's dex entries that Zygarde monitors the world from Terminus Cave.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Blast

Distortion World and Battle Frontier should be in Pokemon Z.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Bolt_Strike

Blast wrote:

Why the Distortion World? It has nothing to do with Kalos, unless you want Giratina to be catchable in Z.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

-Green-

Blast wrote:

Battle Frontier would be awesome, and I think they should also allow us more options for customization of our character. That was a great feature in X and Y.

Blast

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Blast wrote:

Why the Distortion World? It has nothing to do with Kalos, unless you want Giratina to be catchable in Z.

Pokemon Platinum is my favorite game of all time and if any Pokemon mainline game draws inspiration from Pokemon Platinum then I'm happy. Distortion World is also a huge untapped source of material that Gamefreak neglects.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

Aromaiden wrote:

Blast wrote:

Battle Frontier would be awesome, and I think they should also allow us more options for customization of our character. That was a great feature in X and Y.

Agreed. Isn't it funny how X/Y excelled in some areas but utterly failed in story and characters?

Master of the Hype Train

-Green-

Blast wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Blast wrote:

Agreed. Isn't it funny how X/Y excelled in some areas but utterly failed in story and characters?

Yeah. The game failed at plot and development, but your right about it having a lot of great things. I think X and Y was a step in a good general direction because while it wasn't the best game, it had a lot of great features and ideas that made the game appealing and that they can use in future games . Like the next Pokemon game, since it most likely will take place in the same area, and can improve where XY failed. At least it captured the true essence of a Pokemon game, although it could have been much better story wise.

Edited on by -Green-

Blast

Aromaiden wrote:

Blast wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Blast wrote:

Yeah, the game failed at plot and development, but it did have a lot of great things. I think X and Y was a step in a good general direction because while it wasn't the best game, it had a lot of great features and ideas that made the game appealing and that they can use in future games . Like the next Pokemon game, since it most likely will take place in the same area, and can improve where XY failed.

Totally. Do you think its hard for Gamefreak to write side characters? Because... The protagonist's friends in X/Y were sooo bland.

Master of the Hype Train

Sleepingmudkip

@Blast: The protagonist is often silent so I dont know

but gamefreak is having a hard time having an actual good villain. ORAS had the best villains and even they were not as fleshed out as I would like

Bolt_Strike

Blast wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Blast wrote:

Again, every Pokemon game since 5th gen has been like that. It seems like Game Freak either can't or doesn't want to make an all around good game anymore.

Aromaiden wrote:

Blast wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Blast wrote:

Yeah. The game failed at plot and development, but your right about it having a lot of great things. I think X and Y was a step in a good general direction because while it wasn't the best game, it had a lot of great features and ideas that made the game appealing and that they can use in future games . Like the next Pokemon game, since it most likely will take place in the same area, and can improve where XY failed. At least captured the true essence of a Pokemon game, although it could have been much better story wise.

Agreed. The games themselves were mediocre, but they gave the series a lot to work with that could make future games exciting. 3D graphics open up a lot of potential for new area design, Mega Evolutions mean that any Pokemon could get a boost of some kind in any game, and thanks to Fairy type the type balance has changed. XY2 has the potential to fix a lot of XY's problems too, there's plenty of room for more areas, a better storyline, and more content.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

-Green-

Blast wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Blast wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Blast wrote:

Yeah, the game failed at plot and development, but it did have a lot of great things. I think X and Y was a step in a good general direction because while it wasn't the best game, it had a lot of great features and ideas that made the game appealing and that they can use in future games . Like the next Pokemon game, since it most likely will take place in the same area, and can improve where XY failed.

Totally. Do you think its hard for Gamefreak to write side characters? Because... The protagonist's friends in X/Y were sooo bland.

I don't think it's necessarily hard as they tend to be able to write good rivals. I just don't think they placed much effort into their character in the game. In the anime they're more interesting and developed, specifically Shauna and Serena(if she actually counts).

They've made better developed rivals before in GS and BW. They probably could've made them just as good, but they just didn't appear to place enough effort into their development for some reason.

Edited on by -Green-

Sleepingmudkip

Does gamefreak even have the passion to make pokemon games anymore? I think pokemon should go on a 2 to 3 year break or be passed on to another developer for a little while. Pokemon been annualized so much that they might be burned out.

Edited on by Sleepingmudkip

KO-Cub

Solosis?
Edit: Solosis is Gen 5.

Debate.

Edited on by KO-Cub

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.