Forums

Topic: Pokemon Z

Posts 181 to 200 of 777

Sleepingmudkip

I hope that whatever the next pokemon game is, there will be a bigger focus on the story and lore.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

-Green-

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I hope that whatever the next pokemon game is, there will be a bigger focus on the story and lore.

I feel Pokemon X and Y were a good step in that general direction.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Sleepingmudkip

@Aromaiden: Pokemon X and Y honestly in my opinion had the most disappointing story, The games had so much potential but didnt utilize any of it. I wished it had a more Gen 4 approach to the lore where you learned about the region and legendary pokemon through books at the library in canalave city and ruins and just talking to the people in game. We know absolutely nothing about any of the new legendaries and it really made me upset playing through the game how boring it was. Alot of my questions on like mega evolution should of been answered in X&Y but luckily it was told in ORAS.

Edit: story wise RS/DPP/ORAS had the best story and lore in the games

Edited on by Sleepingmudkip

Bolt_Strike

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Untitled

New source (Idk where, I'm copying another member's post...) says this is exactly what it looks like.

Might be a pokemon that groups together and becomes zygarde?

I am definitely getting some Zygarde vibes from this (especially from the images on the right), but I'm not sure exactly what it is.

Aromaiden wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I feel Pokemon X and Y were a good step in that general direction.

Untitled

I'm dying. XY were not a good step in the direction, they were a step backwards from BW. XY's story was a lot more simplistic and cliche, whereas BW's was bold, surprising, and integrated into the rest of the adventure. The latter is by far the best direction for the story.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

If the image looks like that, then yeah it may be a part of Zygarde's forme, similar to the mini Nosepass things on Probopass.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Sleepingmudkip

Bolt_Strike wrote:

I'm dying. XY were not a good step in the direction, they were a step backwards from BW. XY's story was a lot more simplistic and cliche, whereas BW's was bold, surprising, and integrated into the rest of the adventure. The latter is by far the best direction for the story.

I thought BW and B2W2 had a really great and fleshed out story but the story felt messy and not as fun as DPP.

I think more people should give ORAS more praise for story because it was very well done and the delta episode was a lot of fun. I play pokemon for almost exclusively the story and I am very interested in the lore. I felt like people who were gave X&Y a 8 or a 9 as a rating were not playing pokemon for the same reason as I do. In my opinion as innovative as X&Y were I would of only gave it a 6...lol

Edit: About that mass genocide and the great war etc....They didnt explain any of it as much as I would of liked. I wished there was a prequel game where you were a person during the time of the great war but that isnt something gamefreak would do

IceClimbers

@Bolt_Strike I don't think mass genocide is considered cliche. Simplistic maybe, but cliche? No.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

-Green-

@Bolt_Strike: To each their own. While I enjoyed BW's story, I personally didn't feel like it matched the overall feeling I'd come to enjoy from Pokemon. Although I don't really play Pokemon for it's story, I play it more for the fun of catching and raising the pokemon and I also really enjoy the designs used. Which is probably why I didn't like BW as much, because I really disliked the designs used for a lot of the pokemon from that generation.

I don't know, I guess XY just appealed to me more.

Edited on by -Green-

DefHalan

Aromaiden wrote:

@Bolt_Strike: To each their own. While I enjoyed BW's story, I personally didn't feel like it matched the overall feeling I'd come to enjoy from Pokemon. Although I don't really play Pokemon for it's story, I play it more for the fun of catching and raising the pokemon and I also really enjoy the designs used. Which is probably why I didn't like BW as much, because I really disliked the designs used for a lot of the pokemon from that generation.

I don't know, I guess XY just appealed to me more.

From a Pokemon Hunting stand-point, I am right there with you. I enjoyed how full Pokemon X/Y felt while a lot of Pokemon games get boring after a while.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

crimsontadpoles

What I'd like to see most in a Pokemon Z is for there to be lots of things to do in it, especially post-game activities. Heart Gold is still my favourite pokemon game because there was so many different things to do. As well as the usual gyms and Pokedex collection, there was also a Battle Frontier, bug-catching contest, Pokeathlon, Safari Zone, and a Game Corner. Though I've enjoyed the games after HG, they all seem a little lacking in comparison.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Sleepingmudkip

I hope maybe not this game but in a future game they will bring back pokemon following you around.

Bolt_Strike

crimsontadpoles wrote:

What I'd like to see most in a Pokemon Z is for there to be lots of things to do in it, especially post-game activities. Heart Gold is still my favourite pokemon game because there was so many different things to do. As well as the usual gyms and Pokedex collection, there was also a Battle Frontier, bug-catching contest, Pokeathlon, Safari Zone, and a Game Corner. Though I've enjoyed the games after HG, they all seem a little lacking in comparison.

You can thank Game Freak's obsession with the mobile market for that. Ever since 5th gen, they've been trying to make the series more "accessible" to players and simplifying the experience for mobile gamers that "don't have time for video games". I do think the next game needs more replay value than what XY and ORAS offered, both of them were below average in that area (XY being one of the worst of all time), but I don't think they're going to deliver on that front. The days of getting good games with plenty of depth and content like Platinum and HGSS seems to be behind us sadly.

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I hope maybe not this game but in a future game they will bring back pokemon following you around.

That would probably be too overwhelming for Game Freak to do again. 721 3D models in the overworld for a feature that has no practical use? Who in their right mind would do that?

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Blast

Gamefreak needs to seriously create a Pokemon spinoff series for Pokemon fans like us who want so much more. The Pokemon games have so much potential. I kinda wished Atlus owned the IP because they care alot about story and characters.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

-Green-

Blast wrote:

Gamefreak needs to seriously create a Pokemon spinoff series for Pokemon fans like us who want so much more. The Pokemon games have so much potential. I kinda wished Atlus owned the IP because they care alot about story and characters.

They do have Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and they did create Pokemon Conquest which are pretty good over all spin-offs, or do you want something different than those two. IMO I would like to see a continuation of Pokemon Conquest.

Sleepingmudkip

Blast wrote:

I think ninendo or pokemon company(I am not sure who approves of spin offs etc.) should let maybe atlus or....who better for a turn base RPG then intelligent systems play around with the pokemon IP

Edit: I want a better pokemon ranger game that references the main stream pokemon games

crimsontadpoles

I've always wanted a 3D game where can can see the pokemon in the wild before running into them to start a conventional battle. It would be awesome to have huge areas to explore, such as walking in a forest area and see some Kakuna in the trees. This would be impossible for GameFreak to do though, and would be insanely tricky for any game company to create, especially with having to create over 700 3D models of all of the pokemon. Or even a Pokemon Colosseum style game with catchable wild pokemon would be great.

More realistically, I agree with others here that Atlus creating a spin-off game would be very interesting.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Pokefanmum82

I like my Pokemon games just the way they are. I don't play Pokemon for the story. It happens to be my favorite series and I play it for catching and raising Pokemon. Having a great story comes second to me.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Araquanid

I think BW and X/Y had their own traits that set them appart as unique games.

BW, was my personal favorite due to the fact, I liked the simplicity of not being forced to run around with a random garbage HM mon that's underleveled by the end of the E4. The pokemon designs were amazing (don't care if they just replace gen 1 mons.. Gigalith looks a lot cooler than golem in my eyes and they have different typing/stats. The concept may be the same, but they do look much better and set themselves appart enough.), and it was all about the new pokemon, instead of zubat, geodude, graveler, pikachu, and abra in every single NPC's party and on every single route.. The downflaw, was gen 5 didn't last long. The game was relatively short (atleast BW was, I only played BW) there were some lacking areas of mystery (you had the ruins.. but all thats in them is a pokemon already obtainable through an egg, no new cool secret legend.), with the nintendo wi-fi shutdown, I never got to experience the competitive scene enough for BW.. which is unforunate, but hey, not their fault.. but otherwise, it felt like a very fresh generation, and how each generation should be handled.. rather than carry over the same 6 pokemon each generation.

X/Y was alright, it's story was god awful, it's coloration is very bland, but inrealiaty.. I've spent more hours on X/Y then any other games I've played, not because the story was good, or a few new routes were accessible, but because there was plenty of things to do in shiny hunting (more convienant now.), easier to breed competitive mons, easier berry growing, and somewhat decent pokemon designs... not going to lie, I do like the designs of some of the gen 6 pokemon.. it's unforunate that their weren't more of them, but mega evolution makes up for that flaw, which instead of adding more pokemon that outclass everything else, they buffed the currently bad ones (atleast some of them...) to keep up with the generations. Mawile, Beedrill, Absol, Manectric.. all terrible, then they got good and fit into the crowd. The expansion of usuable pokemon makes teambuilding a lot more versitile (whens smogon going to give up trying to balance things? lol), overall... X/Y just offered more replay value. Simple as that. The quality of the game was bad by pokemon standards, but the longetivity of actually playing the game for an extended period of time was currently there. Infact, we're in ORAS, and I'm still having a blast shiny hunting in Friend Safari and breeding on my X.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Blast

Anybody else remember the lackluster Battle Miason in X/Y??? What a boring environment!!! At least in Unova, you was riding a subway! I feel like Gamefreak was gonna do a cool side story in Battle Miason but really did not care for story.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

-Green-

The way I see it is if you want a Pokemon game with a good story you go for BW, but if you want a Pokemon game centered around the main theme of capturing and training pokemon effeciently, then you go for XY.

IMO, the reason I prefer XY, is because it better represented and accomplished the main goal of Pokemon, which is to capture and raise Pokemon (Gotta Catch Em' All). Even though it had a bad story, I feel like it did better than previous games have done on emphasizing the Pokemon by providing a lot of great ways to raise, capture, and bond with your Pokemon, which is probably why people find it has great longevity.

Edited on by -Green-

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.