Forums

Topic: Pokemon Z

Posts 161 to 180 of 777

Bolt_Strike

MegaBeedrill wrote:

I'm just wondering... if zygarde is getting only one new form. With that new design, it would seem very odd for him to have another counterpart form to resemble that... it looks way too overdesigned from it's base form. Unless that's a mega, from one of zygarde's mega evolutions? A Mega Mega?

Megas tend to be overdesigned in the first place really.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

Bolt_Strike wrote:

MegaBeedrill wrote:

I'm just wondering... if zygarde is getting only one new form. With that new design, it would seem very odd for him to have another counterpart form to resemble that... it looks way too overdesigned from it's base form. Unless that's a mega, from one of zygarde's mega evolutions? A Mega Mega?

But not that overdesigned. The only instances I can think of where such a massive change in design took place for a form or a Mega Evolution would be Sky Shaymin and Hoopa Unbound.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Bolt_Strike

I don't think it's anything to worry about, I could see them making a second one even after a drastic design change.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

@Bolt_Strike: True.

One thing's for sure, I can feel the high BST emanating from that silhouette. Uber? AG? More broken than Mega Rayquaza?

Bolt_Strike

I have a sneaking suspicion that the new game will be announced next month now that I think about it. The Pokemon World Championships are also next month, and they usually have something to show off there. 2013 had Mega Kangaskhan, and 2014 had Mega Slowbro. So the game will probably be announced by then.

Bolt_Strike

Retro_on_theGo

IceClimbers wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

MegaBeedrill wrote:

But not that overdesigned. The only instances I can think of where such a massive change in design took place for a form or a Mega Evolution would be Sky Shaymin and Hoopa Unbound.

Remoraid to Octillary. Dragnair to Dragonite. Oshawatt to Samuratt. There's plenty if Pokemon that go through drastic changes. I don't think it's too weird for Zygarde to change up that much in a new form or Mega evolution.

DefHalan

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Here's something worth noting...

Untitled

Does that head look familiar?

Kinda reminds me of Groot lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Araquanid

IceClimbers wrote:

One thing's for sure, I can feel the high BST emanating from that silhouette. Uber? AG? More broken than Mega Rayquaza?

I was looking at Zygarde's current movepool and stats.. I don't think Zygarde will become broken or anything.

Rayquaza had a 680 BST, with 150/150 Offenses, 105/90/90 Defenses, and 95 speed.. THEN got a mega increasing it's BST to 780. Rayquaza's movepool is also very versitile, with a lot of special and physical coverage, and two boosting moves in Sword's Dance and Dragon Dance.

Looking at Zygarde.. his only boosting moves are Dragon Dance and Coil. (Keep coil in mind when considering the silhouette's design, he should have a tail, and a serpentine body inorder to have coil, or even dragon tail for that matter.)

He has only 100/81 offenses.. 108/121/95 defenses, and 95 speed. He is short, 80 BST points from Rayquaza... Say zygarde got all those points in Attack alone, than he's revenge killed by everything with HP ice or Ice Shard. Say he got it split between his offenses like rayquaza, he'd be too weak.. same case if put all in his great bulk. He doesn't get Dragon Claw meaning he is locked into Outrage or -6 priority dragon tail..

I think Zygarde will just be a Kyurem case.. the original form was mediocre, and then it became a really good pokemon, but has a very baren movepool holding it back.

Unless zygarde gets this really broken ability. I always pictured him getting an ability that reverses the type chart making him immune to Yveltal and Xernea's STABs while hitting them SE.

Although Thousand Arrows looks like an extremely dangerous move... what would counter zygarde once he got that move?

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Araquanid

"Today in Japan, the latest Pokémon movie, Hoopa & The Clash of Ages, opened and within it, according to our envoy and close friend to the site, Gin who saw the movie, there was a new Pokémon appearing in it. She describes the Pokémon as being bright green with one eye larger than the other. During the trailer for next years movie, its eye looked through the O of the word movie and then it blobbed about. This was then followed by the large new Pokémon silhouette revealed on July 12th. Gin has kindly provided a sketch of this Pokémon, but it is likely to differ greatly. It of course could still be an alternate form, a weird separated part of another Pokémon or something new, but it remains to be seen. We'll bring full details of this as and when it comes so keep checking back. "

-Serebii
Untitled
http://www.serebii.net/

Is this maybe the munchlax/manaphy/zorua/whatever treatment and we may actually see an entirely new pokemon? Perhap gen 7 is on the horizon rather than Z? Or just see a gen 7 pokemon in the movie like munchlax in Destiny Deoxys?

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

Gen 7 Pokemon

IceClimbers

@MegaBeedrill This reminds me of what happened with Trevenant a couple years ago.

Bolt_Strike

@MegaBeedrill Probably the latter. It's too early for 7th gen and they have unfinished business with Zygarde, Volcanion, and Eternal Floette which would be best taken care of with another trip to Kalos. The 7th gen games will probably be in 2017.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

@Bolt_Strike: Not too early to start teasing Gen 7 Pokemon. Munchlax was seen 2.5 years before Diamond/Pearl came out in Mystery of Mew, as well as Lucario and Weavile. Temple of the Sea had Manaphy, Buizel, and Chatot.

Edit: Munchlax was first seen in Destiny Deoxys, not Lucario & the Mystery of Mew.

Edited on by IceClimbers

KO-Cub

@IceClimbers: Pokemon Origins showed Mega Pokemon before everything.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

IceClimbers

@KO-Cub: I thought Mega Mewtwo Y was revealed before Origins was released?

Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers wrote:

@Bolt_Strike: Not too early to start teasing Gen 7 Pokemon. Munchlax was seen 2.5 years before Diamond/Pearl came out in Mystery of Mew, as well as Lucario and Weavile. Temple of the Sea had Manaphy, Buizel, and Chatot.

Edit: Munchlax was first seen in Destiny Deoxys, not Lucario & the Mystery of Mew.

I didn't say it's too early to tease 7th gen Pokemon, I said it's too early for the 7th gen games to come out. 6th gen doesn't quite feel wrapped up yet, so there should be one more set of Kalos games coming out this year. You're right, that doesn't stop them from teasing a 7th gen Pokemon, but it's not likely to be anything more than that, a teaser for 7th gen. The games themselves are probably 2 years off.

Bolt_Strike

Araquanid

Untitled

New source (Idk where, I'm copying another member's post...) says this is exactly what it looks like.

Might be a pokemon that groups together and becomes zygarde?

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Blast

Why can't Gamefreak focus on adding new stuff to the games and improving story and characters? I wanna see articles about Gamefreak focusing on that stuff. Does the Pokemon artists at Gamefreak really need something to do that bad???

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.