Forums

Topic: Pokémon Sun & Moon - Discussion & Speculation

Posts 121 to 140 of 3,958

Kirby-life

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Backtracking can enhance an older area if done right. For instance, let's say you have a forest city, and when you go through your first time, you only have access to the Pokemon Center/Mart and a couple of buildings, about as much as a small town. Then when you get Cut, you can come back to the city and even more of it opens up and there's even more buildings, maybe some facilities or amenities, and a gym. Even though you're going back to the same area it's a completely different experience on your second time.

I get what you're saying and gaining access to new parts of an old town can be cool when done right but I figure if each new town is large enough there should still be enough content within them to keep players happy. I think it's best if backtracking is optional. In many Pokemon games new Pokemon become available at older routes after you beat the main game. This can give incentive to traveling to places you've already been but it doesn't slow down those who want to keep finding new things.

"Hi! I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!"
-Youngster Ben 1998
Words to live by.

Socar

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Well hopefully Sun and Moon will be better than Sticker Star.

Dude.....every RPG is better than Sticker Star and you know that.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

LzWinky

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Well hopefully Sun and Moon will be better than Sticker Star.

The only way they could not be better is by not working at all

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Bolt_Strike

marksball wrote:

We have a theory about what Pokemon Sun & Moon could mean for the NX. Could Sun and Moon mean hint that the NX is a home console?

http://www.nintendoloveaffair.com/2016/02/pokemon-sun-moon-me...

Game Freak traditionally takes a while to transition to new hardware and supports old hardware even when the replacement has already launched (Emerald in 2005, BW2 in 2012). This says nothing except that that pattern will continue with the NX.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

You could Black & White 1 to that list as well. The Japanese launch was what, a couple months off? The US launch was like a week early.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Araquanid

It makes me wonder.. if "Z" would somehow appear after sun and moon. Sun and Moon could be gen 6.5 (yea, it says new pokemon but it also mentioned new pokemon in corocoro when it was just complete zygarde form, revealed in the hoopa movie trailer, we may get a few but not a ton.) and Z could be the completing game of gen 6, with moving on to gen 7 later. I feel like they want to expand the time it takes to move forward due to the megas, perhaps they want to give past gen megas first then make gen 7 with those mons coming with megas already.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

@MegaBeedrill Sun and Moon are Gen 7. Proof: The official Pokemon page mentions the ability to transfer your Pokemon from X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire via Pokemon Bank. No direct trading. All of the wording in the official press release points to Gen 7 as well.

They're skipping Z, but it's possible that Zygarde is given a side plot in Sun and Moon. Or the plot is anime exclusive, with us still getting the forms in Sun and Moon.

IceClimbers

So theories are suggesting that the new region might be based off of Hawaii. If true, then I'm even more excited!

Grumblevolcano

I think the most likely situation is Kalos being the post-game content for Sun and Moon like how you visited Kanto in Gold/Silver/Crystal. That would explain both the choice to skip Z and the choice to have no proper Pokemon game released in 2015.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I think the most likely situation is Kalos being the post-game content for Sun and Moon like how you visited Kanto in Gold/Silver/Crystal. That would explain both the choice to skip Z and the choice to have no proper Pokemon game released in 2015.

I don't think it was a choice to not release a game in 2015 and more they can't make them as that rate. It's only because of long localization times switching to international same day release it has seemed like it's yearly.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rumorlife

Can't wait for the Amiibo only content to piss off the kiddies.

Rumorlife

IceClimbers

Aw come on, where's the discussion on the game itself? Region, Pokemon (starters, legendaries, type combinations), etc. Gotta get some speculation going.

DefHalan

IceClimbers wrote:

Aw come on, where's the discussion on the game itself? Region, Pokemon (starters, legendaries, type combinations), etc. Gotta get some speculation going.

Wild speculation, Starters base types will be Grass, Fire, and Water.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

UNSOLUTEDSALT

I haven't played Pokemon since the GBA and I haven't cared to either. But this Direct got me pretty excited and I'm starting to get Poke-fever. But after doing some research it seems X or Y are pretty easy games and are good about leading newcomers into the series. So, I'm thinking of getting one of those.

But my real question is whether I should wait for Sun/Moon or just grab X/Y to build up a roster? Do ya'll think Sun/Moon will do as good a job of easing players into the game or will the devs make this one a little more difficult? I'm also really curious if there's going to be a new engine built for Sun/Moon or not.

Again I haven't played since GBA so X/Y look like a whole new world to me already.

UNSOLUTEDSALT

Twitter:

Eel

Maybe you could get one of the originals from the eShop.

That way you'll go from the oldest to the newest and the change will be very noticeable and wow-y.

You'll also be able to transfer you 'mons from these games to Sun and Moon.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Araquanid

@DefHalan:

In this game, I believe you will be able to capture pokemon. Just a guess.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

veeflames

@IceClimbers The last thing I want to speculate about is the new Pokemon. I won't be surprised if there was a new PC Pokemon complete with a mouse and a printer. Electric type, so obviously.
The concept art looks interesting... there's what looks like an ambulance vehicle and what looks like one of those vehicles driven in the wild/jungle. Why are ambulance vehicles present, anyway? I think something dramatic is going to happen in the story... like an explosion or a building collapse.
This isn't likely, but I'm hoping you can start from your town of choice (out of three or four towns... maybe throw in a city). That'd be super awesome...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.