Forums

Topic: Pokémon Sun & Moon - Discussion & Speculation

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 3,958

AlliMeadow

Riding Pokémon is back! The official site has released a screenshot of the trainer riding a Stoutland. The trainer is wearing a helmet, could this be some sort of racing mini-game?

EDIT 1: Zygarde cells can apparently be found all over the Alola region, might this hint on a collection aspect where we need to find all the cells to encounter and use Zygarde?

EDIT 2: The Japanese site confirms that Pichu and Pikachu are number 24 and 25 in the Alola dex, which means we might have even more Pokémon on each route than we had in X and Y. Confirmed Pokémon for the first route so far are Grubbin, Pikipek, Pichu, Pikachu, Ledyba and Yungoos. Considering we still have spots to be filled in the Dex it is safe to assume that the route has at least two more encounters, leaving it with two more encounters than we had on Route 2 in X and Y or one more if one of the encounters is version exclusive.

EDIT 3: The Japanese site also confirms that Zubat, Psyduck and Riolu are in the game.

EDIT 4: The Japanese site also confirms Klefki.

Edited on by AlliMeadow

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Bolt_Strike

The official site also confirms Charjabug is the evolved form of Grubbin.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Araquanid

Tapu Koko's signature move is now basically superfang, halves your HP.

This could be a good mon as a tank killer. It has a lot of utility... immunity to sleep, basically adaptability on electric type moves, can ignore stat changes and delete 50% of your HP then chunk the rest off with moves when they get too low. I feel like this mon would be very strong and viable. The only thing that would tell us is the stats, if it has flat 100 in all of them or even atleast the same stats as rotom base, it could be pretty good. That speed stat is going to be the major concern.. even if it gets a setup move it can make up for offenses.

Idk if it's a special attacker though... the new move looks like a physical attack and I don't think a special attacker's signature move would be physical if that were the case..

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Rensch

@IceClimbers That's probably looking into it way too much. Although you have to admit those are all fairly likely candidates for Mega Evolution.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Maxz

@Rensch That's my take on things.

"Dude, stop overanalysing, that's ridiculous. But... errm, yeah, you might be right."

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Tyranexx

I got my wish! We have English names for Nekkoala and Iwanko! They're Komala and Rockruff, respectively.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Haru17

..."Rockruff?"

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Tyranexx

Haru17 wrote:

..."Rockruff?"

Pretty creative, isn't it? Quite a bit of thought clearly went into that one.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

FriedSquid

Don't diss Rockruff guys. What did he ever do to you?

Anyway glad to be proven wrong that Grubbin actually does evolve into Vikavolt. Now I know which mon I'm immediately catching in Alola!

I think Vikavolt is one my new favorites of the Gen, along with Rowlett, Littens, and 'Rockruff'. In fact, I think Rockruff is a new all-time favorite — hopefully has a good evolution.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Tyranexx

FriedSquid wrote:

Don't diss Rockruff guys. What did he ever do to you?

Don't get me wrong, Rockruff's design is one of my favorites so far....It's just that I think a little more thought could have went into the name.

Litten and Solgaleo are my favorite designs revealed up to the point.*

• Disclaimer: Trinexx loves cats.

Shahinshah

Is it available for pre-order only on Amazon?

Shahinshah

JunkosBoobies

I'm probably late to the party (like always), but screw it. So can I just say, bow down to your new lord and savior, Donald Tru...I mean, Yungoos.

On a more serious note, though, I now have a reason to add Grubbin to my party, since Vikavolt is a thing, and it looks bad***. For once, I'm actually really excited to use an early Bug Pokemon. Tapu Koko looks pretty awesome as well. I'm really impressed with most of the Pokemon designs so far, except for maybe Bruxish and Drampa.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Rensch

I am totally getting Grubbin. It becomes part Electric-type once it evolves into Charjabug and Vikavolt.

Haru17

I actually like this one. Having the magma veins flare up for its attack is a cool little animation detail. Very interested to see how the evolutionary chain will look. Something with regrowing tails and magma veins, perhaps?

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

-Green-

Salamander-things design I actually like. One of the better designs I've seen so far.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Octane

@Tsurii It's called Salandit. Ability is Corrosion, it can poison even Poison and Steel types, not sure how though, through contact or with physical moves, I'm not sure. Maybe it raises the chance of poisoning to 100% on poison-inducing moves.

Octane

Rensch

It looks like a Dark-type, but it actually has an all-new Poison/Fire-combo. I'm picking Rowlet so this looks like a cool substitute. I'm really digging that claw pattern and that awesome Poison-even-Zubat ability.

FriedSquid

Pretty ambivalent to this one's design appearance-wise, but I gotta say it's really intriguing.

It has a cool new typing and ability, and I love lizard Pokes. If it has a cool evolution it will end up on my team, but hopefully they won't treat it like they did their last lizard, Helioptile.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Tyranexx

Not only am I a fan of Salandit's design, but it has a type combination that I've always wanted to see! I like it enough that I would consider getting Rowlet instead of Litten and using Salandit as my Fire type.

It's too early to tell, of course.

IceClimbers

Love Salandit's design. Now hoping we see a Poison/Electric type too.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.