Forums

Topic: Pokémon Sun & Moon - Discussion & Speculation

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 3,958

Bolt_Strike

I'd rather see Electric combine with Fighting, Psychic, or Dark.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Haru17

Y'know, I don't give Rowlet enough credit: It's the first grass starter since Turtwig that I don't completely hate. It got so bad in gen 6 that I actually ditched Chesnaught—the first time I've ever done that in basically all the generations of Pokemon. Like, screw those designs.

A grass owl, however, could be dope. I always wanted to run a Tropius, which is also grass / flying.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

KO-Cub

Australia represent. Can't wait for a deadly Black Widow or some other heavy poisonous Pokemon.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

JunkosBoobies

Eh, Sandit's design is...alright to me. Nothing too special, but I can't say I exactly hate it either. What stands out to me more is that ability. Holy crap.

KO-Cub wrote:

Australia represent. Can't wait for a deadly Black Widow or some other heavy poisonous Pokemon.

If we get a region based off Australia one day, then there has to be a giant Spider Pokemon. It just has to happen. Oh, yeah, and a Kangaroo Pokemon too I guess. But there has to be a giant Spider Pokemon. : P

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Tyranexx

ereHemanresUoN wrote:

If we get a region based off Australia one day, then there has to be a giant Spider Pokemon. It just has to happen. Oh, yeah, and a Kangaroo Pokemon too I guess. But there has to be a giant Spider Pokemon. : P

Untitled

More spider Pokemon would be pretty awesome.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Bolt_Strike

We also have Breloom, but that also doesn't look much like a real kangaroo (it doesn't help that it's also supposed to be a mushroom Pokemon and its kangaroo traits are barely noticeable). I could go for another.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Maxz

A wallaby could be an alternative source of inspiration for something 'Kangaroo-like', without treading too much on Kangaskhan's toes. I agree that it it would be nice to have a Pokemon that captured the agile, sprightly, 'bouncey' nature of the Kangaroo/Wallaby family.

There are pretty much two things Kangaroos are known for: pouches, and bouncing. 'Skhan nails the former, but leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to the later. It's got a big, burly, 'heavy hitting' design, which is iconic and fantastic, but doesn't get everything out of the kangaroo barrel.

Maybe there could be a male-only kangraroo-esque Pokemon, which is lighter and springier, that would serve as 'Shkan's counterpart in the same what that Milktank sort of function as a 'female counterpart to Tauros'. They constitute two separate Pokemon, but are able to produce either offspring.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

JunkosBoobies

Trinexx wrote:

ereHemanresUoN wrote:

Untitled

More spider Pokemon would be pretty awesome.

Fair enough, but I still don't associate Kangaskhan with a kangaroo much for the reasons @Tops mentioned.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Araquanid

I'm down with more spiders, I'd like one thats actually eight legged.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Haru17

Tops wrote:

Honestly, for some reason I barely associate Kangaskhan with a kangaroo.

Because this thing looks more like a kangaroo, and it's a nightmarish green bird monster?

Untitled

Edited on by Haru17

Eel

Well, to be fair Kangaskhan is a big marsupial like the kangaroo, but it doesn't necessary need to be the kangaroo Pokemon.

It's obviously meant to evoke the kangaroo, but at the same time it looks more like the generic bipedal psudo-godzilla monster type they loved to use back then.

Maybe they could finally introduce a more kangaroo-like male equivalent to kangaskhan. Because being a species consisting entirely of single mothers is a bit odd.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

Meowpheel wrote:

Maybe they could finally introduce a more kangaroo-like male equivalent to kangaskhan. Because being a species consisting entirely of single mothers is a bit odd.

This one's for you, Meowph!

Untitled

Tyranexx

Maxz wrote:

A wallaby could be an alternative source of inspiration for something 'Kangaroo-like', without treading too much on Kangaskhan's toes. I agree that it it would be nice to have a Pokemon that captured the agile, sprightly, 'bouncey' nature of the Kangaroo/Wallaby family.

The Wallaby did occur to me after I posted earlier. It would definitely take care of the "smaller, more agile" description of a kangaroo-like creature. I'm picturing something that looks a little like Ricky from the Zelda Oracle games. (Except, y'know, smaller)

...This did bring up an interesting point. What WOULD a male Kangaskhan counterpart look like? And what would it be named? Kongoskhun (Kong/Kanga, Attila the Hun)? You'd think there'd be an answer to this one by now, both Ditto and Kangaskhan have been around since Gen 1.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Well, since the female khan has clearly "evolved" to nurture and protect its young in all-female herds, I'd assume the male counterpart could be more agile and a bit slimmer, maybe modeled after a kick boxer, to go with the stereotype.

More territorial and a bit of a loner.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

roy130390

So apparently the evolutions I showed you guys are gaining credibility. This is why according to this video:

Still, I'm not saying they are real but I found the vidoe interesting and I thought some of you would like to see it too.
They also mention that there won't a pokemon league, traditional gyms and other interesting stuff.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Maxz

@roy130390 One concrete thing we have got from the website is that quote about Rockruff:

Rockruff is a sociable Pokémon, but as it grows, its disposition gets wilder. If it begins to howl when the sun goes down, that is proof that it’s close to evolving. It’s said that it leaves its Trainer’s side to evolve and returns again when fully evolved.

And also:

Bite is a good move for Rockruff.

I really do think that lends the wolf theory a lot of weight, and that we may well be getting Dark/Rock evolution. Being a werewolf would imply it had both wolf and humanoid forms depending on the time of day, which seems a little hard to imagine (though not out of the question), but the 'howling as the setting sun' bit surely suggests a wolf-like connection in some form.

A similar hint was dropped when we first learned about Grubbin, where the website stated:

Grubbin loves electricity, which is why it can be found near power plants and substations.

This was before we knew anything about Charjabig or Vikavolt, and only knew the pure Bug-type that was Grubbin was announced. Before too long, its the Electric evolutions were followed suit.

In Rockruff's case, the singling out of the move 'Bite' and the mention of howling at the setting sun certainly suggest a Dark, wolf-like (perhaps werewolf-like) evolution, with at least some connection to the night/day, sun/moon cycle. My main question is how it plans to differentiate itself from Mightyena in appearance...

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

Rock/Dark sounds good to me, we haven't had that since 2nd gen.

Bolt_Strike

FriedSquid

Yes, I already love Rockruff so a Dark/Rock type wolf-like Pokemon would be GREAT. Though if it will be a werewolf I worry about it becoming biped... This ain't no Digimon!

As long as they don't decide to name it Rocktuff, I think I'll be fine.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.