Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 3,041 to 3,060 of 5,926

Spoony_Tech

Well that sucks!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Jazzer94

@JaxonH Thanks for the help, also sorry about it seeming like my head was in the clouds (someone was asking me stuff distracting me during the gathering quest).

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

JaxonH

@Jazzer94
Np, I figured as much. I had googled which areas to mine in so I was just trying to lead you to those areas. I'm assuming you got your Purecrystals- I know I got like 4 of em myself. Plus, you can always use slickaxes to multiply them. Slickaxes were rare back in MH3U but in this game, all you have to do is trade a Dundorma Tuna with the Veggie Elder at the Volcano, and he gives a slickaxe. Thing is, in Dundorma, on the left hand side by the wooden planks there's a little pond with fish net you can walk on. Well, you can actually fish there right in town, and Dundorma Tunas are VERY common there. You'll also probably get some Gastronome Tunas in the process, which give random items when eaten- sometimes that item is a slickaxe. So that's a double whammy there. AND, the other fish are all Coinperch (sell for money) and Cathangea Fish for Wycoon. So it's always profitable swinging by to fish for a few minutes every time I'm in town.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TeeJay

My newly upgraded Glaive has purple sharpness. I though White was the highest...guess not!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

TeeJay wrote:

My newly upgraded Glaive has purple sharpness. I though White was the highest...guess not!

Oh ya man, white is a dull blade to most of us lol... Gotta get Sharpness+1 skill and almost every weapon will have purple sharpness. Your Regios armor comes with Minds Eye and Fencing together as one skill, so that halves the rate at which your weapon dulls. Problem is, no Sharpness+1 (unless you gem it in) so you'll have to use a weapon that has natural purple sharpness. The Regios glaive does, but only a tiny sliver. Granted, that sliver will last twice as long with the sharpness skill.

For my Regios set, I gemmed in High Grade Earplugs and Sharpness+1, gemmed out the slow sharpening too. It's a pretty decent set- if you can get Sharpness+1 it evolves into a stone cold damage dealer. the Regios weapons have Sharpness+1 built in so the skill does no good with the Regios glaive (or other weapons that are maxed out on the sharpness bar already) BUT most other weapons will get a nice, fat slice of purple when you have S+1 skill. So ya, if you can craft another weapon, like the Daora or Chameleos glaive,Mir Crimson Fatalis, that thick ledge of purple combined with dulling half as quickly from the Steady Hand skill makes for the largest raw damage increase in the entire game.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Eel

I seem to have unlocked the collecting tour on the dunes (day), would you recommend to use this one for armor stones instead of the berry mission?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TeeJay

I was looking at the Chameleos Glaive just now actually! I may have to work towards that next...

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

dkxcalibur

Morpheel wrote:

We broke a few frills, but it seems he didn't get the item.

Sorry, I had a small window of opportunity to work with before putting in time with the family. I'll be on soon again if anyone is available.

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

JaxonH

@TeeJay
It's even more amazing with Chameleos armor set- status attack+2 and statcrit means you poison monsters with just a few blows, and they stay poisoned throughout the fight. And if you do make the Hazy Caster glaive with the Chameleos armor, you can keep that armor set for other status glaives (paralysis, sleep, even blast- the status+2 doesnt affect blast but the statcrit does. Gem in Bomb Boost (a very cheap skill to gem in) for your blast status glaive and you've got a demolition setup.

@Morpheel
Only reason I recommended berry quest was not for mining the ore, but because you can get spheres as reward for taking out the Plum D Hermitaur. Truth is I never seem to mine Strong armor spheres from harvest tours- and I know for a fact the when you eat for explorer and get the secret mining spot- it doesn't yield as good of rewards in a harvest tour. In fact, I dont even think there IS a secret mining spot in harvest tours IIRC...

JaxonH

@Morpheel
Honestly, I only farmed that quest to rank up my high rank gear. Once I crafted G set, I started running Dunes Night Kushala Daora quests with randoms and hit every blue node from area 4 to 9 every run. Usually just detoured to mine when the node was nearby, and usually by the time the quest was over aid have 2 or 3 Strong Spheres. And reward box spheres too.

Another alternative is to farm the low rank Mohran DLC quest in the gathering hall. You can get armor STONES as reward (as of now, the only place in the entire game you can get armor stones). Then simply craft whichever armor spheres you want. Cosmicite Ore and Allfire Stone make Strong Armor Spheres when combined with Armor Stones. You can even craft TRU armor spheres, granted most G rank sets skip straight to Divine armor spheres after Strong (it's the High Rank sets that seem to need TRU in between the Strong and Divine).

Anyways, just a thought.

Eel

Haha I just kinda want to even out my armor pieces defenses. They're all over the place.

I was wondering where armor stones had gone though, thanks for the tip.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Kaze_Memaryu

Ugh, I'm in trouble. I'm having issues getting past Urgent Ukanlos. Anyone in here who could help me? Random online folks constantly hit me with their Insect Glaives, and I'm kinda unwilling to put up with any more of that right now.

EDIT: my room broke down, so I had to open a new one. Sorry. ^_^"'

Room ID: 04-1747-9657-9720
Passcode: 2828

Edited on by Kaze_Memaryu

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

Iggly

Finally got the Offenders I needed after many hunts lol, thanks again Neptune! All I need now is to get a Zenith Wyvern Gem L so I can hone my Seregios LBG for life, I may attempt Apex Rajang tomorrow since I unlocked his quest while I was trying to get my Offenders. Thankfully Rajang is weak to ice so I can solo him, but if anyone would want to hunt him with me tomorrow just let me know.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.