Forums

Topic: I'd like to see a 2D Zelda platformer

Posts 101 to 115 of 115

SarcasticWisdom

GamecubeMan wrote:

The LoZ games are really great in my eyes.... A lot of them are..... The First one, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask! I think this 3 games we delt with a lot of RESPECT I just beat Ocarina and Majora's masks they are GREAT games. I love the invention to 3D that those 3D games give Zelda....... Its amazing! IMO I am currently playing DX and the Original LoZ... Both Retro and modern Zelda games are great in my eyes Except the CDi ones..........

What does this have to do with a new 2d Zelda......?

Formally known as EvilCookie
3DS FC: 5069-4209-9709
Dream Suite: 5700-2151-8534
SarcasticLoggery

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4209-9709

zelda_4_life

i would agree
id love to see a 2D zelda platformer, maybe like the possibility of ALTTP sequal like IGN was saying

UN-FIX MAKA WUHU

GamecubeMan

EvilCookie wrote:

GamecubeMan wrote:

The LoZ games are really great in my eyes.... A lot of them are..... The First one, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask! I think this 3 games we delt with a lot of RESPECT I just beat Ocarina and Majora's masks they are GREAT games. I love the invention to 3D that those 3D games give Zelda....... Its amazing! IMO I am currently playing DX and the Original LoZ... Both Retro and modern Zelda games are great in my eyes Except the CDi ones..........

[/div]

What does this have to do with a new 2d Zelda......?

Like I said b4 look at the POST B4 if your gonna quote people

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

DudeSean

Geonjaha wrote:

It's very easy to make a difficult game. To make a game where the difficulty doesnt feel cheap or artifical is the challenge and should always be the main aim. Many people find Zelda II frustrating, and much of that is sadly for the wrong reasons. Respawning outside the temple after every death and having limited lives (needing to restart the whole game) are used to artificially extend the time you spend playing and overall feel like very cheap mechanics. You can try and say that people who dont like a game for this reason simply "suck at it", but this immature reasoning cant be used to defend every game out there - cheap difficulty or not.

There's no problem with a game being different - but Zelda II tried to combine it's own qualities with RPG's, and in the end didnt master either. The standard 'Zelda experience' is stronger in every other Zelda game, and the RPG aspects are weaker than in other RPG's for the stystem.

Wow.
The game isn't artificially difficult like a Mega Man game. The game is EASY AS HELL as long as you're skilled at swordplay, just like Skyward Sword. Giving the player unlimited lives would have simply made the game too easy. You had to start at the beginning of the temple when you died in Zelda 1, so how's that any different? There are SEVERAL people online who say they don't like the game simply because it's too hard. So that's not immature at all to say that that's why people say they don't like it. That's a matter of fact.
Also, that's just YOUR OPINION that Zelda 2 didn't "master" being a Zelda game or an RPG. It is both and both are very well done. I can't think of any other action RPGs of its time. The game was phenomenal, and as far as I'm concerned it still is today. When Zelda 2 came out, there was no standard for what a "Zelda experience" was, so that's a pointless argument to make. And the game is not a full-blown RPG, it doesn't try to be. It simply has RPG elements.
I am biased, but not for nostalgic reasons, simply because Zelda 2 is what I want out of a game. I don't like full-blown RPGs because they are so long and give me a huge story that I care nothing about. I like action, I like side-scrolling gameplay and I like light-RPG elements in my games. Therefore, Zelda 2 is the perfect game for me and is my favorite Zelda game and even my favorite overall game ever.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

EvilLucario

Zelda II is my third most favorite Zelda game, only outpaced by Link's Awakening and Ocarina of Time 3D. So I would LOVE this.

By the way, who's picking up that Adventure Time game? It's supposedly modeled after Zelda II in the overworld and actual stages.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

LyIa

Karakato wrote:

Actually, I do enjoy the 2D side scrolling combat in Zelda 2, I'd even say that it it one of the best Zelda games in terms of action. One thing that did turn alot of people off though was the difficulty. I really don't mind it to be the only official 2D Zelda that isn't Top down as it offers a new breath of air and what could have been another staple to the Zelda series. I can see potential for this battle mechanic if they could make some adjustments to make it more appealing to the general audience like say tone down the difficulty level, Having Link's attacks move more fluidly, etc.

There is another game that emulates the zelda 2 formula, but coated with the Adventure Time license. I do have hopes for this game, but as it is an game based on a show, I do have my doubts:
Untitled

[/div]

Link please? Adventure Time is my favorite show.

GamecubeMan wrote:

[/div]

You have THE WORST grammar I have EVER seen in my LIFE!
I HOPE YOUR KEYBOARD DIES IN A FIRE PIT!

Edited on by LyIa

all men are kings 👑

kyuubikid213

bezerker99 wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

Zelda II was awesome. I feel sorry for those who can't appreciate it. Actually, I don't feel sorry at all.

This. Zelda II is great.
It's not automatically for everyone, but typically the people that bash on it do so because either (A) it's different, or (B) it's "too hard!!!11!!!" and they suck at it.

I'm currently experiencing a good case of shpydarism!!!

Zelda II is awesome, but you do have to admit that it is one difficult game. It's frustrating that you have a lives system when no other game in the series does that. Also, if you lose all of your lives in the temple, you don't go back to the beginning of the temple, you go back to the beginning of the game! It's a real pain in the butt until you find the Hammer after Death Mountain and get the Life spell. Also, the levelling system with "fake" difficulty. Oh, I can't beat the Level 3 boss because I don't have my Attack at 5.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Shadow_Chad6982

No just no.

Everything is impossible if we think it is. Often all it takes is for one person to strongly believe that something can be achieved and to continue pursuing that goal to the end. - Satoru Iwata

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6817-9967 | Nintendo Network ID: Rasheon_Falcon

GamecubeMan

sushifreAk wrote:

Karakato wrote:

Actually, I do enjoy the 2D side scrolling combat in Zelda 2, I'd even say that it it one of the best Zelda games in terms of action. One thing that did turn alot of people off though was the difficulty. I really don't mind it to be the only official 2D Zelda that isn't Top down as it offers a new breath of air and what could have been another staple to the Zelda series. I can see potential for this battle mechanic if they could make some adjustments to make it more appealing to the general audience like say tone down the difficulty level, Having Link's attacks move more fluidly, etc.

There is another game that emulates the zelda 2 formula, but coated with the Adventure Time license. I do have hopes for this game, but as it is an game based on a show, I do have my doubts:
Untitled

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Link please? Adventure Time is my favorite show.

GamecubeMan wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

You have THE WORST grammar I have EVER seen in my LIFE!
I HOPE YOUR KEYBOARD DIES IN A FIRE PIT!

[/div]

[/div]

Your avatar has as much picture quality as your Kid Icarus skills! I'd bet on it @sushifreAk

Edited on by GamecubeMan

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
My

GamecubeMan

Ps get a better looking picture of Pit for your avatar. They have WAY better pictures here, hmm wait Im trying to think of the place........ GOOGLE IMAGES!
@sushifreAk

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
My

Geonjaha

DudeSean wrote:

There are SEVERAL people online who say they don't like the game simply because it's too hard. So that's not immature at all to say that that's why people say they don't like it. That's a matter of fact.

Wow...several people huh? I didnt say that it was immature for someone to say that they dont like a game because it was too hard, I said it was immature to defend a game by making the sweeping generalisation that everyone who didnt like the game 'sucked at it'. That implys that no game review ever written can legitimately say that a game doesnt handle difficulty well without someone coming out and saying "you just suck at it".

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

MrArcade

LztheBlehBird wrote:

undead_terror wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

GamecubeMan wrote:

okay forget it then anyways... i dont want 2 see a 2d zelda platformer because.... its just not Tloz.... i doesn't really work as good and spin-offs can be annoying at times/ also they can ruin the core game entirely.... Developers have 2 be carefull with spin offs.... they have a dark side........

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Zelda doesn't have spin-offs.
looks at CD-i
ZELDA DOESN'T HAVE ANY SPIN-OFFS.

[/div]

[/div]

links crossbow training
legend of zelda four swords anniversary edition(gba/dsi)

[/div]

Crossbow Training yes
Four swords not really

Untitled

MrArcade

Firejonie

I liked Zelda 2, it was just too difficult at times. If they made a sequel in the vein of it I would love that. But currently Adventure Time on 3DS will need to fill that void until then.

Firejonie

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.