Forums

Topic: I gave up!!!

Posts 341 to 360 of 421

LordTendoboy

Kid_A wrote:

I bought a TV, but there weren't any good shows on the first couple weeks that I had it, so I traded it in.

...Wait a minute, that's silly.

This. 3DSWare might not be picking up steam, but there is still plenty of older stuff to download from the eShop. I'm impressed that Nintendo brought the entire DSiWare catalog to the 3DS; I thought they would forget about it and opt to start over from scratch. This gives me hope that they will bring over the entire WiiWare and VC library to the WiiU's shop.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

TeeJay

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

I bought a TV, but there weren't any good shows on the first couple weeks that I had it, so I traded it in.

This. 3DSWare might not be picking up steam, but there is still plenty of older stuff to download from the eShop. I'm impressed that Nintendo brought the entire DSiWare catalog to the 3DS; I thought they would forget about it and opt to start over from scratch. This gives me hope that they will bring over the entire WiiWare and VC library to the WiiU's shop.

That or they're using DSiWare as a buffer so they can get away with barely releasing any new 3DSWare titles.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Mandoble

Jango-Forest wrote:

A few points that need to be cleared up:

• Nintendo is not a fairy magically spreading joy from its fingertips; no, it is a maniacal hoover with an evil grin on its face trying to suck up as much money as it can via plonking consoles on people's lap that said people may or may not appreciate depending on their preference. Although, that's not necessarily a bad thing. I like consoles being plonked on my lap and they like doing the plonking (read: designing games).

Very true, I would add how extremely overrated this company is, specially when it comes to hardware quality. I bet it has the very highest quality/building cost ratio while keeping the very lowest quality/retail price ratio.

Mandoble

Hokori

Mandoble wrote:

Jango-Forest wrote:

A few points that need to be cleared up:

• Nintendo is not a fairy magically spreading joy from its fingertips; no, it is a maniacal hoover with an evil grin on its face trying to suck up as much money as it can via plonking consoles on people's lap that said people may or may not appreciate depending on their preference. Although, that's not necessarily a bad thing. I like consoles being plonked on my lap and they like doing the plonking (read: designing games).

Very true, I would add how extremely underrated this company is, specially when it comes to hardware quality. I bet it has the very highest quality/building cost ratio while keeping the very lowest quality/retail price ratio.

Fixed, since all I hear is bad things how can it be overrated?

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Kid_A

TeeJay wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

That or they're using DSiWare as a buffer so they can get away with barely releasing any new 3DSWare titles.

Who is this "they?" Nintendo does not make, nor can they be expected to make, every game for the system. 3rd parties aren't supporting 3DSWare because the system until now didn't have any legs, and Nintendo and its second-parties are focusing on bringing big games to retail: Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Professor Layton, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario and Kid Icarus: Uprising, to name a few. We haven't seen any big 3DSWare titles because the eShop is still brand-spanking new and the console itself has a tiny audience at the moment. Once the sales pick up, we'll see more quality downloadable titles.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

TromaDogg

This entire thread is hilarious. From people complaining that there's no games on the 3DS that they want, or been announced (er, why did you buy one then? It was more or less set in stone what we were getting this year before the 3DS was actually released, if you'd bothered to do any research before blindly handing over cash), implying that the PSP is a better 'out and about' gaming device than the 3DS to play games on for a quick 10 mins at a time (seriously?!? For a small minority of people maybe...but sales figures between the DS Lite and PSP speak for themselves, and the 3DS can run ALL the DS Lite's games.....plus the PSP takes a couple of mins just to load a damn game in the first place), people seemingly assuming that the Vita is going to be so much better (er, why? What varied selection of great games have been announced for the Vita then? And how great are the launch titles? Anybody played them yet?) to the other side of the fence with blatent fanboyism with people saying that they've been perfectly happy so far but then in the very next sentence admitting that the E-Shop has been a bit crap (but that will all soon change!! er, hopefully ), implying that titles that may be a year or two off justify owning a 3DS now and praising the stuff that's already out (asides from OoT, it's all average).

I bought my 3DS at launch and so far, it's lived up to my expectatations. Why? Because I was buying the machine for what it was and what had been announced at the time. Like everybody else, I don't have a magic all seeing crystal ball, and so likewise I don't cry into my beer when I don't get stuff that was never promised to me when I made my purchase. I was happy enough to play a proper 'full' version of SSFIV on the go to begin with (and not the cut down iOS version with horrible controls), and I've also enjoyed OoT 3D immensely, despite having beaten the original version 3 or 4 times back in the day on my old N64. I've also had bonuses, such as free 'ambassador' downloads so I don't feel there's anything to complain about. It's not like my 3DS has forced me to buy games I'm not interested in, and until some more appear (and they will eventually), it runs my DS games just fine. Plus there's been some really good VC/DSiWare downloads, like Mario's Picross, Gargoyle's Quest and Go Go Kokopolo! if people look past the fact that they aren't 'big' releases and give them a chance.

Mind you, on saying that, I hope that the internet never changes. These sort of crazy arguements have been raging on for years every time a new system gets released, and I like to be entertained by threads like this.

You have no chance to survive, make your time!

LordTendoboy

Kid_A wrote:

Who is this "they?" Nintendo does not make, nor can they be expected to make, every game for the system. 3rd parties aren't supporting 3DSWare because the system until now didn't have any legs, and Nintendo and its second-parties are focusing on bringing big games to retail: Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Professor Layton, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario and Kid Icarus: Uprising, to name a few. We haven't seen any big 3DSWare titles because the eShop is still brand-spanking new and the console itself has a tiny audience at the moment. Once the sales pick up, we'll see more quality downloadable titles.

Wow, you completely took that out of context. I was saying that I'm glad Nintendo brought over the entire DSiWare catalog to the 3DS, otherwise we'd have a lot less stuff to play until the bigger games are released. I never had a DSi, so all these games are new to me. Backwards compatibility is a good thing.

I also said that I hope Nintendo brings over the entire WiiWare and VC libraries to the Wii U shop, AND I hope they let us transfer our already-purchased titles to the Wii U, then we wouldn't have to rebuy everything all over again.

[...

LordTendoboy

ToxieDogg wrote:

This entire thread is hilarious. From people complaining that there's no games on the 3DS that they want, or been announced (er, why did you buy one then? It was more or less set in stone what we were getting this year before the 3DS was actually released, if you'd bothered to do any research before blindly handing over cash), implying that the PSP is a better 'out and about' gaming device than the 3DS to play games on for a quick 10 mins at a time (seriously?!? For a small minority of people maybe...but sales figures between the DS Lite and PSP speak for themselves, and the 3DS can run ALL the DS Lite's games.....plus the PSP takes a couple of mins just to load a damn game in the first place), people seemingly assuming that the Vita is going to be so much better (er, why? What varied selection of great games have been announced for the Vita then? And how great are the launch titles? Anybody played them yet?) to the other side of the fence with blatent fanboyism with people saying that they've been perfectly happy so far but then in the very next sentence admitting that the E-Shop has been a bit crap (but that will all soon change!! er, hopefully ), implying that titles that may be a year or two off justify owning a 3DS now and praising the stuff that's already out (asides from OoT, it's all average).

I bought my 3DS at launch and so far, it's lived up to my expectatations. Why? Because I was buying the machine for what it was and what had been announced at the time. Like everybody else, I don't have a magic all seeing crystal ball, and so likewise _ I don't cry into my beer when I don't get stuff that was never promised to me when I made my purchase._ I was happy enough to play a proper 'full' version of SSFIV on the go to begin with (and not the cut down iOS version with horrible controls), and I've also enjoyed OoT 3D immensely, despite having beaten the original version 3 or 4 times back in the day on my old N64. I've also had bonuses, such as free 'ambassador' downloads so I don't feel there's anything to complain about. It's not like my 3DS has forced me to buy games I'm not interested in, and until some more appear (and they will eventually), it runs my DS games just fine. Plus there's been some really good VC/DSiWare downloads, like Mario's Picross, Gargoyle's Quest and Go Go Kokopolo! if people look past the fact that they aren't 'big' releases and give them a chance.

Mind you, on saying that, I hope that the internet never changes. These sort of crazy arguements have been raging on for years every time a new system gets released, and I like to be entertained by threads like this.

The Vita uses game cards that look very similar to DS ones. The Vita is compatible with ALL PSP games that are on PSN, including full "retail" games. The Vita has a capacitive touchscreen, just like every other touchscreen device that isn't a DS, meaning it will be easy to port iPod/iPhone/iPad/Android games to it. The Vita has tons of social networking features, including a version of StreetPass that Sony calls "Near". The Vita will have apps for Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, etc.

[...

komicturtle

lol Kid_A made the best point I've read here. Ever.

I have a PSP. Not many games I liked at first. But things picked up and I got a few games. And there's about 5 other games I want for it I still have to get.

And that was nearly a year. 3DS has not even been out for a year.

People is so fonny.

Then againe, it's their cash money and not mine :3

I don't even care if they use their 3DS to wipe their - doesn't impact me or even Nintendo, actually.

Edited on by theblackdragon

komicturtle

McGruber

I really wish I would have traded it in or sold it before the price drop. You clearly made a very smart move with the price drop, and the inevitable 3DS lite (with added thumbstick!!!_) coming soon. Since I am basically stuck with it I am going to try to get as much fun out of it as I can. Thank god for there being some great (Nintendo) games coming out soon! And Bit Trip Saga as well

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

Stereoman

Dizzard wrote:

I'm not really much of a playstation/Xbox person. If I leave Nintendo for a while it's usually for a PC game. (Mass Effect, Terraria, Dragon Age)

So I have enough to keep me occupied until paper mario and luigi's mansion come out.

absolutely true
'nough said

MH4 online thread

3DS Friend Code: 1504-7028-1432

Pokefanmum82

it's not nintendo's fault that you decide to buy the 3DS at launch. you knew when it came out that it didn't have any big titles for launch, yet you still bought it anyways. Honestly if you don't like it, then just trade it in. But stop complaining. I swear that gamers can never be happy with what they get. The only reason I don't have one yet is because I never had the money. But if I hadd I would have bought it day 1 and you wouldn't see me complaining about it. The 3DS isn't the only system that didn't have a great launch or a great first year. Nintendo didn't put a gun to your head and force you to buy it. And who says that the PS Vita is going to have a better launch? You won't know that until it launches. I have nothing against the Vita because I have already pre ordered it. It takes a game system a bit to get good games for it. So stop being whining gamers and suck it up or sell it. Doesn't matter to me one way or another.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

LordTendoboy

Slightly off topic, but I'll ask anyway. If people say smartphone games are killing handheld games due to the cheaper price of games and easier controls, then why isn't the same thing happening with console games? People are willing to buy a $50 console game with a complex controller, yet they prefer super cheap smartphone games over a handheld with actual buttons?

[...

McGruber

mumof2kids82 wrote:

it's not nintendo's fault that you decide to buy the 3DS at launch. you knew when it came out that it didn't have any big titles for launch, yet you still bought it anyways. Honestly if you don't like it, then just trade it in. But stop complaining. I swear that gamers can never be happy with what they get. The only reason I don't have one yet is because I never had the money. But if I hadd I would have bought it day 1 and you wouldn't see me complaining about it. The 3DS isn't the only system that didn't have a great launch or a great first year. Nintendo didn't put a gun to your head and force you to buy it. And who says that the PS Vita is going to have a better launch? You won't know that until it launches. I have nothing against the Vita because I have already pre ordered it. It takes a game system a bit to get good games for it. So stop being whining gamers and suck it up or sell it. Doesn't matter to me one way or another.

You are right about it being obvious that the system was not supported heavily by 3rd parties (still isn't), and didn't have strong games yet. But I think gamers are more angry with the fact that Nintendo can't seem to get things right after how many years of gamers telling them explicitly what they need to do. I mean the 3DS should have launched with a great online system and what we got was DS 1.5 as far as that goes. They are really slow to get on the ball with things that core gamers want (online, HD, GAMES), and I hope these bad 3DS sales is a big wake up call for them. In fact I honestly wish bad sales upon them if they don't get the Wii U right. It will make them fix their mistakes that much faster!

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

Tasuki

Ok well I got my red 3DS up and running and been messing around for it for a bit and I have to say I cant see why everyone is complaining about it. I think alot of people expect some kinda of new revolutionary hand held they way the transition went from Gameboy to the DS. Well if thats the case than you are wrong the 3DS is just another part of the DS line really.

I have to say I am pleased with it but than again thats all I expected was a upgraded DSi. I wasnt expecting anything like I did going from a Gameboy to a DS but than again those are two different lines.

Honestly I dont think its Nintendo that messed up here I think you people that gave up on the 3DS just put to much expectation on it thats all.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

LordTendoboy

Lionsgate wrote:

You are right about it being obvious that the system was not supported heavily by 3rd parties (still isn't), and didn't have strong games yet. But I think gamers are more angry with the fact that Nintendo can't seem to get things right after how many years of gamers telling them explicitly what they need to do. I mean the 3DS should have launched with a great online system and what we got was DS 1.5 as far as that goes. They are really slow to get on the ball with things that core gamers want (online, HD, GAMES), and I hope these bad 3DS sales is a big wake up call for them. In fact I honestly wish bad sales upon them if they don't get the Wii U right. It will make them fix their mistakes that much faster!

I'd call the DSi a "DS 1.5". 3DS seems like a big upgrade, it's like the Game Boy Advance of the DS line (better graphics).

[...

komicturtle

Gameboy is to DS
Gameboy Pocket is to DSlite
Gameboy Color is to DSi/XL
Gameboy Advance is to 3DS

Why GBC to DSi? Because, what these two did was add more RAM and they had some exclusive retail games, the former, GBC, having far more than DSi.

GBASP... Oh, I can't wait for that lol

komicturtle

LordTendoboy

komicturtle92 wrote:

Gameboy is to DS
Gameboy Pocket is to DSlite
Gameboy Color is to DSi/XL
Gameboy Advance is to 3DS

Why GBC to DSi? Because, what these two did was add more RAM and they had some exclusive retail games, the former, GBC, having far more than DSi.

GBASP... Oh, I can't wait for that lol

You nailed it. I always considered the Game Boy Color as an "in-between" system. It wasn't quite the next gen leap, yet it was slightly more powerful than the original Game Boy. Same thing with the DSi.

3DS is like the GBA, it is a true next gen leap in terms of graphics and features.

[...

komicturtle

Well the GBA didn't have.. "features" per se.. But yeah

komicturtle

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.