Forums

Topic: I gave up!!!

Posts 361 to 380 of 421

LordTendoboy

komicturtle92 wrote:

Well the GBA didn't have.. "features" per se.. But yeah

Oh come on, you get my point. The Game Boy Color was simply a Game Boy with color graphics, it kept the same "NES in your pocket" gimmick that the previous Game Boys had. The GBA was more like a portable Super NES, the DS was like a portable PS1, and the 3DS is like a portable GameCube.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

thesmorganator

tendoboy1984 wrote:

komicturtle92 wrote:

Well the GBA didn't have.. "features" per se.. But yeah

Oh come on, you get my point. The Game Boy Color was simply a Game Boy with color graphics, it kept the same "NES in your pocket" gimmick that the previous Game Boys had. The GBA was more like a portable Super NES, the DS was like a portable N64, and the 3DS is like a portable GameCube.

Agreed

currently playing: Nintendogs + catsPilotwings resortPikmin 2

games I have 100% completed

Kirby mouse attack

Link Mah Boi~

Squadalah~~ We're off!

My youtube channel

[CENTER][url=http://www.no...

mgray5159

Dont ever buy a product based upon promises. 3ds is a case study.

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5142-0759
Check out my podcast called Technically Challenged.

Hokori

Tasuki wrote:

Honestly I dont think its Nintendo that messed up here I think you people that gave up on the 3DS just put to much expectation on it thats all.

so true people just want more and more these days

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

komicturtle

Except the GBA was 32bit versus SNES' 16bit. DS was slightly more powerful than N64, and seemingly, 3DS does look as if it does surpass the GCN. So, yeah.

komicturtle

CanisWolfred

Tasuki wrote:

Honestly I dont think its Nintendo that messed up here I think you people that gave up on the 3DS just put to much expectation on it thats all.

Who can blame them? Nintendo promised a lot, and we've gotten jack so far. If it weren't for the fact that I learned not to trust Nintendo's "Promises" from the Wii, I'd have been disappointed, too.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LucinaSmash

I'll take Nintendo remakes over Sony sequels any day

Note: this comment was originally going to be on littlebigplanet's thread but was locked.

Edited on by LucinaSmash

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

littlebigplanet

The 3DS has been a big dissapointment. Graphics are comparible to the PSP, it's excuse for 3rd party support is ports and remakes. the 3D effect is dull and adds nothing.
I'm done.
I'm gonna buy me a Vita. It's getting a new Bioshock and Assassin's creed.

kkslider5552000

Project-L wrote:

that depends, what's worse? A game that's exactly the same as one you've played with minor bonus additions but advertised as such (3DS) or a game that's slightly less exactly the same but sold as if it's a completely different game (Vita)?

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Bankai

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Project-L wrote:

that depends, what's worse? A game that's exactly the same as one you've played with minor bonus additions but advertised as such (3DS) or a game that's slightly less exactly the same but sold as if it's a completely different game (Vita)?

It's not really a case of worse, though. I mean, both can be good. Ocarina of Time remake is good. Littlebigplanet Vita is likely to be good.

And then they can both be bad.

kkslider5552000

well on average, which would be preferred?

I'd probably say the latter actually, so November can't come soon enough when 3DS will gasp actually have games.

Of course, pretty much any announced or released remakes at least still interest me more than Killzone or some other equally worthless series that reminds me why I keep advertising Wii's underrated 3rd party games in the first place.

grumblebuzzz

Mickeymac wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Who can blame them? Nintendo promised a lot, and we've gotten jack so far. If it weren't for the fact that I learned not to trust Nintendo's "Promises" from the Wii, I'd have been disappointed, too.

Nintendo has delivered (or will deliver) everything it promised with the 3DS, aside from 3D movies, which very well could come later on down the line. What more do you people want from it? Death rays shooting out of the cameras? Real life Marios to come bounding out of the screen and into your living room? Jeez.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

Hokori

im satisfied with my 3DS, why are people saying I shouldnt be?

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

TeeJay

littlebigplanet wrote:

The 3DS has been a big dissapointment. Graphics are comparible to the PSP, it's excuse for 3rd party support is ports and remakes. the 3D effect is dull and adds nothing.
I'm done.

What? What what what what what what?!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

kkslider5552000

SuperOtaku wrote:

it depends if you can explain it in a way that anyone can actually take your opinion seriously

for most people there isn't really one must-have game that isn't a game they've probably already played anyway so yeah...

I blame games being delayed to November, otherwise we would have at least gotten Cave Story and Letrec-Latrauc-LalalaWhateverLalalaItdoesn'tmatter...we could have gotten those games before November. Why they decided to release so many games in November, I can't explain. Lautrec, Shinobi and maybe Cave Story are gonna get dissappointing sales because of competing with Mario and Kid Icarus etc, If the reason to delay it actually was because they weren't finished/localized before then, at least delay it a couple months guys. Unless you're competing directly with Rockstar's seemingly annual May release you'll probably do better in sales any other time, there aren't half as many games "CORE GAMERS YO" want being released in any other month most likely.

Bankai

kkslider5552000 wrote:

well on average, which would be preferred?

I'd probably say the latter actually, so November can't come soon enough when 3DS will gasp actually have games.

Of course, pretty much any announced or released remakes at least still interest me more than Killzone or some other equally worthless series that reminds me why I keep advertising Wii's underrated 3rd party games in the first place.

I dunno. I'm happy to play remade games if they're done well enough. I'm happy to play sequels to good games if they're done well enough. I'm happy to play wholy original new games if they're done well enough.

Look at it this way, I'd rather play Ocarina of Time, or Dark Souls (essentially a sequel), or Thief 4 when it comes out, than Mindjack, even though Mindjack is a new franchise.

grumblebuzzz

We all can agree that the system launched prematurely before the games or even the hardware was ready. That doesn't make it a bad system, it just means it was rushed. Remember everyone's "I WANT IT NOW!" posts after E3 2010? Nintendo listened to you and rushed the 3DS to market and now... The games are coming in November and I'm sure 2012 will see every title shown off so far for the 3DS get released. I think basically what it boils down to right now is a bunch of impatient people with instant gratification syndrome.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

moosa

kkslider5552000 wrote:

SuperOtaku wrote:

it depends if you can explain it in a way that anyone can actually take your opinion seriously

Um no. That isn't an opinion. You don't tell people not to like what they like- my goodness.

Stop complaining and GO PLAY GAMES.

Shadowflash

Haters gonna hate.
When the holiday season comes, people are gonna buy a bunch of 3DS because:

1. Highly anticipated games like Super Mario Land 3D and Mario Kart 7 will come out then.

2. A lot of people will get 3DS as Christmas presents.

"Can you do that? Can you explode twice?!" -Spike

3DS FC: 1676-3897-8278

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3897-8278 | Twitter:

IAmNotWill

littlebigplanet wrote:

I'm done.
I'm gonna buy me a Vita. It's getting a new Bioshock and Assassin's creed.

False. 3DS is more powerful than the PSP. And there was a conference today. 3rd Party support was there.

I'm gonna lol hard when people buy the Vita day one, and they have the same problems they did with the 3DS.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.