3DS Forum

Topic: First 3DS VC games announced

Showing 21 to 40 of 49

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

21. Posted:

I can't see playing those games in 3D, so I'll have the slider down for them.

I also hope the Oracles come quickly, since I already have Link's Awakening.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

22. Posted:

lz2010 wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

They should port the Pokemon games, but update them to work with pal park on 4th and 5th gen games.

I can dream.

What is the appeal of porting over the old, didn't-age-well, unbalanced, very difficult original games? Unless you're referring to FireRed and Lifegreen.

Unbalanced and very difficult? What?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

23. Posted:

All pokemon games are the same, IMO.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

24. Posted:

@lz: I'm having a hard time believing a 2D top-down game in 3D would look good. SML would look kinda cool because the platforms would pop out of the background and stuff, but if, say, the houses or trees or even Link in Link's Awakening popped out, it'd look like they're floating above ground, which would look terrible, haha.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

25. Posted:

StarFox wrote:

All pokemon games are the same, IMO.

They kinda are, outside of some minor intricacies and additions. And that includes the fact that they're all pretty balanced and rediculously easy.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

26. Posted:

Hope we see the Oracles soon after!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

27. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Hope we see the Oracles soon after!

Speaking of which, how are they gonna do the cross game thing, anyways? Or was it just a password? I can't remember anymore.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nintenzo

28. Posted:

MetalMario wrote:

I just hope they put Oracle of Ages/Seasons there soon after it comes out.

Even better would be Legend of Zelda: Mystical Seed of Courage!
http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Mystical_See...

Nintenzo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6913-6784 | Nintendo Network ID: Akantares | Twitter: Akantares

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

29. Posted:

I think Seeds of Courage became Minnish Cap.

Reala

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

30. Posted:

Nintenzo wrote:

MetalMario wrote:

I just hope they put Oracle of Ages/Seasons there soon after it comes out.

Even better would be Legend of Zelda: Mystical Seed of Courage!
http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Mystical_See...

Too bad it was never made :P

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

31. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

Hope we see the Oracles soon after!

Speaking of which, how are they gonna do the cross game thing, anyways? Or was it just a password? I can't remember anymore.

It was a password system, which can work in a VH

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

32. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

lz2010 wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

They should port the Pokemon games, but update them to work with pal park on 4th and 5th gen games.

I can dream.

What is the appeal of porting over the old, didn't-age-well, unbalanced, very difficult original games? Unless you're referring to FireRed and Lifegreen.

Unbalanced and very difficult? What?

Psychic type. Enough said ;)

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JohnWalrus

33. Posted:

I can dream of PaperBoy...

"I will destroy everything! I will create a monument to non-existence!"~Kefka Palazzo (FFVI)
Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoyalBlur

34. Posted:

What exactly is The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening?

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

35. Posted:

TokyoRed wrote:

What exactly is The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=the+legend+of+zelda+link%27s+awakening

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kid_A

36. Posted:

AWESOME. Two games I've always wanted to play but never got around to. I'll be downloading these suckers fa sho!

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheChosen

37. Posted:

lz2010 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

Hope we see the Oracles soon after!

Speaking of which, how are they gonna do the cross game thing, anyways? Or was it just a password? I can't remember anymore.

It was a password system, which can work in a VH

Yup, but it also had link cable support. Never tried it, but I think you could trade rings that way, and possibly receive some special rings.

It might make it hard for some completionists who want to collect all the rings considering If you can only get some specific ones via trading, unless they add online trading. Plus, there's the special "Advanced Ring", which can be only gotten when played on Gameboy Advance.

EDIT: Also, all this talk sounds like playing old 2D GB games in 3D is gonna be like reading a pop-up book.

Edited on by TheChosen

Stop the hate today and learn to love games!
Help me to fight my huge backlog of games!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

38. Posted:

lz2010 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

lz2010 wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

They should port the Pokemon games, but update them to work with pal park on 4th and 5th gen games.

I can dream.

What is the appeal of porting over the old, didn't-age-well, unbalanced, very difficult original games? Unless you're referring to FireRed and Lifegreen.

Unbalanced and very difficult? What?

Psychic type. Enough said ;)

They have terrible defense, making them very vulnerable to physical attacks. Even a Fighting Pokemon of the same level using a Fighting Type move can take one out with relative easy. That's always been Psycic's failing. And that still doesn't take away from the fact that it's just as easy as any other Pokemon game. It's only hard if you don't know how to play Pokemon.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Lordy

39. Posted:

Yeah, it would be great if they released the old Pokemon games... my save batteries are all dead.

Lordy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

40. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

lz2010 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

lz2010 wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

They should port the Pokemon games, but update them to work with pal park on 4th and 5th gen games.

I can dream.

What is the appeal of porting over the old, didn't-age-well, unbalanced, very difficult original games? Unless you're referring to FireRed and Lifegreen.

Unbalanced and very difficult? What?

Psychic type. Enough said ;)

They have terrible defense, making them very vulnerable to physical attacks. Even a Fighting Pokemon of the same level using a Fighting Type move can take one out with relative easy. That's always been Psycic's failing. And that still doesn't take away from the fact that it's just as easy as any other Pokemon game. It's only hard if you don't know how to play Pokemon.

To be fair, in the original, spamming Alakazam would assure you of a victory. Max out its speed and it would destroy anything before anything got a chance to counter attack.

Not sure how that makes the game difficult, mind you. Quite the opposite.

As for GB games I'd like to see 3Ded. Q 'Bert!

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)