3DS Forum

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Showing 521 to 540 of 4,828

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

521. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Oh boy, I know for certain that I'm going to play on normal now. Tried hard, and "lost" Chrom's sis (isn't it Lizzie or something?) at the prologue. And then Chrom himself died in the 1st chapter... Yeah that's pretty sad on my part if I lose the game ON THE DEMO. Don't even want to know what lunatic is like atm! :o

Yeah, especially considering that I'll start with classic mode from the get-go, I'm going on normal for the first play-through. :p

That's not sad really. One wrong move and Lissa is a gonner! Just be careful and check if the enemy can reach your weaker characters.I got her duble hit and was left with one hit point. Some enemies can attack twice on certain characters so be careful of how far the enemy can move. You can always put the cursor on the enemy to see how far their range is. Also be extra careful that they donet have a weapon with extended range. Some weapons can attack from one square away or two like some axes!!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pashaveliki

522. Posted:

Dude, no worries. Just roll with it. Play the way you want to, if that means you'll enjoy the ride ^_^
Some OG Fire Emblem fans love the tension and ragequitting that is playing it on hard + classic, but if you don't dig it, then no worries.
The important thing is to enjoy yourself.

pashaveliki

3DS Friend Code: 3024-5201-8983 | Twitter: pashaveliki

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

523. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Oh boy, I know for certain that I'm going to play on normal now. Tried hard, and "lost" Chrom's sis (isn't it Lizzie or something?) at the prologue. And then Chrom himself died in the 1st chapter... Yeah that's pretty sad on my part if I lose the game ON THE DEMO. Don't even want to know what lunatic is like atm! :o

Yeah, especially considering that I'll start with classic mode from the get-go, I'm going on normal for the first play-through. :p

That's not sad really. One wrong move and Lissa is a gonner! Just be careful and check if the enemy can reach your weaker characters.I got her duble hit and was left with one hit point. Some enemies can attack twice on certain characters so be careful of how far the enemy can move. You can always put the cursor on the enemy to see how far their range is. Also be extra careful that they donet have a weapon with extended range. Some weapons can attack from one square away or two like some axes!!

Yeah that was most likely my biggest problem overall. I kept just running all over throwing characters around attacking with reckless abandon. When you are used to games like Mario where you just jump in and play, it kinda makes something like this different territory. But no worries, I should adapt without much trouble (I have played all the Age of Empires games in the past, so that helps).

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Lan

524. Posted:

Gonna be hard and classic for me, tried lunatic and lost Chrom almost immediately :D. I can't imagine playing FE where my characters come back to life.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

yoyogamer

525. Posted:

I suppose I might be the minority here, but I rather enjoyed Shadow Dragon. The first game I played in this series, the simpler story and game play made it easier for me to get into. It seems like most of the hate toward this game is because it doesn't quite match up to the newer games, but how could it, it's 20 years old! It's a good thing that the series' gameplay and stories have improved over 2 decades. I think it's fair to say this isn't nearly the best fire emblem game, but calling it a "discrace" to the series just because it's old doesn't make very much sense.

Anyways, back to the topic. Fire Emblem awakening is coming out in two weeks and it's going to be amazing!

This is a signature.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

526. Posted:

Void wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

I suppose I could just kill him the second I get the chance. Thank you permadeath!

And he really isn't good for anything either, the only thing he really has is skill, along with decent speed, strength, and defense, he's going to be sitting on the bench when I play through the game.

I'm inclined to keep those two together to see how or if their story advances! It could be an interesting and funny development throughout the game! Also I'm one of those sick individuals who must level their characters evenly throughout the game. Can't have one at level 6 when another is at level 4 now!! I will swap out archers probably ever other map!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

527. Posted:

Wait, you can actually lose Chrom? But how? Isn't he the main character? :p

/me is so baffled by all this Fire Emblem nonsense.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

528. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

Wait, you can actually lose Chrom? But how? Isn't he the main character? :p

/me is so baffled by all this Fire Emblem nonsense.

When he lost him it was probably game over.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

529. Posted:

So in Fire Emblem games, is there usually that one character that if they die its automatic game over? Just trying to figure out the mechanics here. :O

Also, is it acceptable among all these die-hard permadeath lovers to basically rage quit if you lose someone good? :3

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

530. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

So in Fire Emblem games, is there usually that one character that if they die its automatic game over? Just trying to figure out the mechanics here. :O

Also, is it acceptable among all these die-hard permadeath lovers to basically rage quit if you lose someone good? :3

Lol. Rage quite yes. In the past I had too repeat a map a number of times because I lost someone I didn't want to lose!!

Also yes. Usually there is more then one character you need to keep alive or its game over. Some maps have specific goals as well like keep this person alive or its game over.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamesake

531. Posted:

pashaveliki wrote:

Some OG Fire Emblem fans love the tension and ragequitting that is playing it on hard + classic, but if you don't dig it, then no worries.
The important thing is to enjoy yourself.

For the most part I'd suggest if you're some guy who was just planning on quitting and restarting every level where anyone dies, then turn off permadeath. The only downside to that is not being able to kill off characters when you're done with them.

Lan wrote:

Gonna be hard and classic for me, tried lunatic and lost Chrom almost immediately :D.

Lunatic mode seemed lame to me. Some games are great with higher difficulty like Halo on legendary mode. Enemies don't get tougher, the AI gets smarter--working together, taking cover, that sort of thing. Mega Man 10 does a great job with difficulty too. On easy mode, enemies don't get weaker, their attacks get simpler and easier to dodge. Fire Emblem's lunatic mode on the other hand, just felt like enemies had triple health. That's some pretty weak game design. I'll probably play on normal or hard--whichever feels like the enemy's and the player character's abilities are on equal footing.

Emaan wrote:

So in Fire Emblem games, is there usually that one character that if they die its automatic game over? Just trying to figure out the mechanics here. :O

Also, is it acceptable among all these die-hard permadeath lovers to basically rage quit if you lose someone good? :3

If a lord dies it's over. I'm guessing your custom avatar too.

If anyone expendable dies in my Fire Emblem games I don't rage quit or restart the level. I keep playing. Fire Emblem gives you a lot of duplicate character classes for a reason. The only way I'd restart a level is if I lost all my characters or an irreplaceable class such as my only thief.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheConsonant

532. Posted:

yoyogamer wrote:

I suppose I might be the minority here, but I rather enjoyed Shadow Dragon. The first game I played in this series, the simpler story and game play made it easier for me to get into. It seems like most of the hate toward this game is because it doesn't quite match up to the newer games, but how could it, it's 20 years old! It's a good thing that the series' gameplay and stories have improved over 2 decades. I think it's fair to say this isn't nearly the best fire emblem game, but calling it a "discrace" to the series just because it's old doesn't make very much sense.

Anyways, back to the topic. Fire Emblem awakening is coming out in two weeks and it's going to be amazing!

I call it a disgrace not because IS never should have just left it at a 20 year old instead of giving it a major face lift like they did with new mystery.

TheConsonant

Twitter: Divine_King_K

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Maskeraid

533. Posted:

/me is glad there's finally some FE love here~

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

534. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Emaan wrote:

So in Fire Emblem games, is there usually that one character that if they die its automatic game over? Just trying to figure out the mechanics here. :O

Also, is it acceptable among all these die-hard permadeath lovers to basically rage quit if you lose someone good? :3

Lol. Rage quite yes. In the past I had too repeat a map a number of times because I lost someone I didn't want to lose!!

Also yes. Usually there is more then one character you need to keep alive or its game over. Some maps have specific goals as well like keep this person alive or its game over.

I mostly knew this already, but I learned the hard way that's it's certainly true, and during the DEMO no less!

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Suicune

535. Posted:

My FE play order (lol)

SSBM > PoR > SSBB > FESD > RD > FEGBA > SS > ??FE: A??

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

536. Posted:

I've found myself playing as Marth a lot on SSBB now (despite the fact that no matter how many times I try, I just don't do all that well with him). Come to think of it, I play as a certain character depending on what other game I'm playing at the moment (for example if I'm playing Kirby's Return to Dreamland I pick Kirby in SSBB frequently). Kinda funny actually.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Konata

537. Posted:

I just finished the demo, it was amazing. Since I have never played a FE game before It made a good first impression on me.

I won't have enough money for everything I want now that I want this game >_<.

3 Year obsessed K-Pop veteran. I'm a walking K-Pop Wiki :3.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JeanLuc_Vaycard

538. Posted:

Konata wrote:

I just finished the demo, it was amazing. Since I have never played a FE game before It made a good first impression on me.

I won't have enough money for everything I want now that I want this game >_<.

But FE is so worth it and will give you hours and hours of playtime. Give in to the temptation!

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Maskeraid

539. Posted:

Serj_Vaykian wrote:

Konata wrote:

I just finished the demo, it was amazing. Since I have never played a FE game before It made a good first impression on me.

I won't have enough money for everything I want now that I want this game >_<.

But FE is so worth it and will give you hours and hours of playtime. Give in to the temptation!

Seconded for emphasis

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

540. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

/me is glad there's finally some FE love here~

Can you feel, the love toniiiiight. :*

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann