Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 521 to 540 of 5,116

Spoony_Tech

WingedFish wrote:

Oh boy, I know for certain that I'm going to play on normal now. Tried hard, and "lost" Chrom's sis (isn't it Lizzie or something?) at the prologue. And then Chrom himself died in the 1st chapter... Yeah that's pretty sad on my part if I lose the game ON THE DEMO. Don't even want to know what lunatic is like atm!

Yeah, especially considering that I'll start with classic mode from the get-go, I'm going on normal for the first play-through.

That's not sad really. One wrong move and Lissa is a gonner! Just be careful and check if the enemy can reach your weaker characters.I got her duble hit and was left with one hit point. Some enemies can attack twice on certain characters so be careful of how far the enemy can move. You can always put the cursor on the enemy to see how far their range is. Also be extra careful that they donet have a weapon with extended range. Some weapons can attack from one square away or two like some axes!!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

pashaveliki

Dude, no worries. Just roll with it. Play the way you want to, if that means you'll enjoy the ride ^_^
Some OG Fire Emblem fans love the tension and ragequitting that is playing it on hard + classic, but if you don't dig it, then no worries.
The important thing is to enjoy yourself.

pashaveliki

3DS Friend Code: 3024-5201-8983 | Twitter:

Snagrio

Tech101 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Oh boy, I know for certain that I'm going to play on normal now. Tried hard, and "lost" Chrom's sis (isn't it Lizzie or something?) at the prologue. And then Chrom himself died in the 1st chapter... Yeah that's pretty sad on my part if I lose the game ON THE DEMO. Don't even want to know what lunatic is like atm!

Yeah, especially considering that I'll start with classic mode from the get-go, I'm going on normal for the first play-through.

That's not sad really. One wrong move and Lissa is a gonner! Just be careful and check if the enemy can reach your weaker characters.I got her duble hit and was left with one hit point. Some enemies can attack twice on certain characters so be careful of how far the enemy can move. You can always put the cursor on the enemy to see how far their range is. Also be extra careful that they donet have a weapon with extended range. Some weapons can attack from one square away or two like some axes!!

Yeah that was most likely my biggest problem overall. I kept just running all over throwing characters around attacking with reckless abandon. When you are used to games like Mario where you just jump in and play, it kinda makes something like this different territory. But no worries, I should adapt without much trouble (I have played all the Age of Empires games in the past, so that helps).

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Lan

Gonna be hard and classic for me, tried lunatic and lost Chrom almost immediately . I can't imagine playing FE where my characters come back to life.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

yoyogamer

I suppose I might be the minority here, but I rather enjoyed Shadow Dragon. The first game I played in this series, the simpler story and game play made it easier for me to get into. It seems like most of the hate toward this game is because it doesn't quite match up to the newer games, but how could it, it's 20 years old! It's a good thing that the series' gameplay and stories have improved over 2 decades. I think it's fair to say this isn't nearly the best fire emblem game, but calling it a "discrace" to the series just because it's old doesn't make very much sense.

Anyways, back to the topic. Fire Emblem awakening is coming out in two weeks and it's going to be amazing!

This is a signature.

Spoony_Tech

Void wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

I suppose I could just kill him the second I get the chance. Thank you permadeath!

And he really isn't good for anything either, the only thing he really has is skill, along with decent speed, strength, and defense, he's going to be sitting on the bench when I play through the game.

I'm inclined to keep those two together to see how or if their story advances! It could be an interesting and funny development throughout the game! Also I'm one of those sick individuals who must level their characters evenly throughout the game. Can't have one at level 6 when another is at level 4 now!! I will swap out archers probably ever other map!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

e-love

Wait, you can actually lose Chrom? But how? Isn't he the main character?

/me is so baffled by all this Fire Emblem nonsense.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Spoony_Tech

Emaan wrote:

Wait, you can actually lose Chrom? But how? Isn't he the main character?

/me is so baffled by all this Fire Emblem nonsense.

When he lost him it was probably game over.

MERG said:

e-love

So in Fire Emblem games, is there usually that one character that if they die its automatic game over? Just trying to figure out the mechanics here.

Also, is it acceptable among all these die-hard permadeath lovers to basically rage quit if you lose someone good? :3

Spoony_Tech

Emaan wrote:

So in Fire Emblem games, is there usually that one character that if they die its automatic game over? Just trying to figure out the mechanics here.

Also, is it acceptable among all these die-hard permadeath lovers to basically rage quit if you lose someone good? :3

Lol. Rage quite yes. In the past I had too repeat a map a number of times because I lost someone I didn't want to lose!!

Also yes. Usually there is more then one character you need to keep alive or its game over. Some maps have specific goals as well like keep this person alive or its game over.

MERG said:

Gamesake

pashaveliki wrote:

Some OG Fire Emblem fans love the tension and ragequitting that is playing it on hard + classic, but if you don't dig it, then no worries.
The important thing is to enjoy yourself.

For the most part I'd suggest if you're some guy who was just planning on quitting and restarting every level where anyone dies, then turn off permadeath. The only downside to that is not being able to kill off characters when you're done with them.

Lan wrote:

Gonna be hard and classic for me, tried lunatic and lost Chrom almost immediately .

Lunatic mode seemed lame to me. Some games are great with higher difficulty like Halo on legendary mode. Enemies don't get tougher, the AI gets smarter--working together, taking cover, that sort of thing. Mega Man 10 does a great job with difficulty too. On easy mode, enemies don't get weaker, their attacks get simpler and easier to dodge. Fire Emblem's lunatic mode on the other hand, just felt like enemies had triple health. That's some pretty weak game design. I'll probably play on normal or hard--whichever feels like the enemy's and the player character's abilities are on equal footing.

Emaan wrote:

If a lord dies it's over. I'm guessing your custom avatar too.

If anyone expendable dies in my Fire Emblem games I don't rage quit or restart the level. I keep playing. Fire Emblem gives you a lot of duplicate character classes for a reason. The only way I'd restart a level is if I lost all my characters or an irreplaceable class such as my only thief.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

TheConsonant

yoyogamer wrote:

I suppose I might be the minority here, but I rather enjoyed Shadow Dragon. The first game I played in this series, the simpler story and game play made it easier for me to get into. It seems like most of the hate toward this game is because it doesn't quite match up to the newer games, but how could it, it's 20 years old! It's a good thing that the series' gameplay and stories have improved over 2 decades. I think it's fair to say this isn't nearly the best fire emblem game, but calling it a "discrace" to the series just because it's old doesn't make very much sense.

Anyways, back to the topic. Fire Emblem awakening is coming out in two weeks and it's going to be amazing!

I call it a disgrace not because IS never should have just left it at a 20 year old instead of giving it a major face lift like they did with new mystery.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

Happy_Mask

/me is glad there's finally some FE love here~

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Snagrio

Tech101 wrote:

Emaan wrote:

Lol. Rage quite yes. In the past I had too repeat a map a number of times because I lost someone I didn't want to lose!!

Also yes. Usually there is more then one character you need to keep alive or its game over. Some maps have specific goals as well like keep this person alive or its game over.

I mostly knew this already, but I learned the hard way that's it's certainly true, and during the DEMO no less!

Snagrio

Arminillo

My FE play order (lol)

SSBM > PoR > SSBB > FESD > RD > FEGBA > SS > ??FE: A??

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Snagrio

I've found myself playing as Marth a lot on SSBB now (despite the fact that no matter how many times I try, I just don't do all that well with him). Come to think of it, I play as a certain character depending on what other game I'm playing at the moment (for example if I'm playing Kirby's Return to Dreamland I pick Kirby in SSBB frequently). Kinda funny actually.

Snagrio

Arianabtd

I just finished the demo, it was amazing. Since I have never played a FE game before It made a good first impression on me.

I won't have enough money for everything I want now that I want this game >_<.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Konata wrote:

I just finished the demo, it was amazing. Since I have never played a FE game before It made a good first impression on me.

But FE is so worth it and will give you hours and hours of playtime. Give in to the temptation!

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Happy_Mask

Serj_Vaykian wrote:

Konata wrote:

But FE is so worth it and will give you hours and hours of playtime. Give in to the temptation!

Seconded for emphasis

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

e-love

Happy_Mask wrote:

/me is glad there's finally some FE love here~

Can you feel, the love toniiiiight.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.