Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 241 to 260 of 2,517

CaviarMeths

Phoenix mode sounds hilariously easy. Mr. Magoo could beat that.

Oh well, I can just completely ignore it like I did casual mode.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LzWinky

CaviarMeths wrote:

No! You must be a true fan and complain about its existence and how it ruins the game for you even though you'll never use it anyway!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

jump

LztheQuack wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

No! You must be a true fan and complain about its existence and how it ruins the game for you even though you'll never use it anyway!

But the true fans are boycotting it as it's only half game even if it is the same size as the last one.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

LzWinky

More games for us then!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

The producers of the game confirmed that Nohr and Hoshido will be different games. On top of what we know, the weapons, classes, characters and campaigns will be different.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/234192-fire-emblem-if-another-r...

Edited on by LzWinky

Blast

LztheQuack wrote:

The producers of the game confirmed that Nohr and Hoshido will be different games. On top of what we know, the weapons, classes, characters and campaigns will be different.

At least these guys are giving good reasons for going the Pokemon route.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Andyliini

Personally, I don't see this as Pokemon thing, more like Oracle of Seasons/Ages -situation, where the games are different but can interact with each other creating a complete story arc.

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter:

Dezzy

LztheQuack wrote:

More games for us then!

Lolol, I suspect there's a flaw in this reasoning!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Socar

LztheQuack wrote:

Nothing in there says that the games are separate. If anything, it implies that both have some connection one way or another.

But even then, since both have the same visuals and graphics and seeing that its not like Pokemon, might as well be that you can get both games physically.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Mansa

So, Fighters will get even more bodied by mages, Mages will be even more recked by pegesus knights, and pegesus knights will get even more owned by Warrior like classes if they exist because of the new weapon advantage system... I'm liking this game already!

*side note, I'm on which ever side has the first black guy

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

cookiex

So Fire Emblem-amie is a thing.

Skip to 6:05.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Grumblevolcano

Fire Emblem If is starting to feel like its not even a Fire Emblem game anymore. I hope one of the campaigns is the traditional FE style.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DreamyViridi

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Fire Emblem If is starting to feel like its not even a Fire Emblem game anymore. I hope one of the campaigns is the traditional FE style.

Well, let's not forget the Nohr side of the game. Besides, a few extra features and suddenly it's too different to be an FE game? Granted, I don't know what to make of that amie-type feature. I'd mess around with it but probably feel a bit embarrassed of myself in the process.
EDIT: Just noticed these features are on the Nohr side as well, it seems. Still, they're only extras.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

CaviarMeths

Bunch of naysayers you are. What better way to reward your army of bloodthirsty marauders than with head pats.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

KO-Cub

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Does seem that way doesn't it. It's still Fire Emblem. It's less stressful and simplified now than it used to be, but it was this hardcore gameplay is why it was so great and caught attention in the first place. But because of Awakenings simplistics and the waifu simulation, it became THEE Fire Emblem game type that people would rather. It's stapled.
Still. Cuz I play the hardest difficulty momentarily, I rather think what will be a challenge or what will aid me and come my way during gameplay, like skills. Vantage + Deathmatch + Strength Seal. Not as good as broken as Miracle + Vantage + Vengeance, but Kazahana is in White.K. How sad.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Geonjaha

KO-Cub wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Does seem that way doesn't it. It's still Fire Emblem. It's less stressful and simplified now than it used to be, but it was this hardcore gameplay is why it was so great and caught attention in the first place. But because of Awakenings simplistics and the waifu simulation, it became THEE Fire Emblem game type that people would rather. It's stapled.

More complex doesn't automatically equal better. Awakening was very well received and popular because it is one of the best Fire Emblem games. Now they're changing it up and trying something new. I realize Nintendo fans have trouble with this concept of not just remaking the same game over and over, but we don't know how well it will be done until it comes out. Also, I'm pretty sure many people enjoy Fire Emblem because of its unique mechanics, not necessarily because of its difficulty. You can always choose the hardest mode anyway.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

CaviarMeths

The town building mode actually looks really cool and I can see myself playing around with that for hours. Looks like your town can get invaded too, probably via Street Pass.

More options, more robustness, more ways to play is not a bad thing. If you don't like the FE-Amie, just don't use it.

Grumblevolcano

KO-Cub wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Still. Cuz I play the hardest difficulty momentarily, I rather think what will be a challenge or what will aid me and come my way during gameplay, like skills. Vantage + Deathmatch + Strength Seal. Not as good as broken as Miracle + Vantage + Vengeance, but Kazahana is in White.K. How sad.

That's not really what I was getting at, more towards the whole castle setup. The designing your own castle setup and the FE-Amie stuff almost makes it feel like Animal Crossing X FE where the greater focus is towards Animal Crossing. I don't particularly think the changes are bad but rather it would be nice to have both this new type of game and a classic style FE game. Even if it's just something like FE6 being translated for Wii U VC and If is a completely new style.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Mansa

I only have a problem with dark weapons. In the basic weapon triangle, I thought the classes were weak-stronge against each other simply because of their shape, so now, I see this system.
So I guess giant swords of darkness have advantage against regular swords, but a disadvantage to axes. Yep, that's not confusing.

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.