Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 221 to 240 of 2,517

Blast

BieberBlows wrote:

Blast wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Dear god. What ugly creature is that third thing?

Its just Tharja's child...

Actually it's a poorly drawn Micaiah. They changed her looks drastically from Radiant Dawn.

Untitled

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... Hahah okay.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

LzWinky

Everything they showed was in the trailer

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Retro_on_theGo

TingLz wrote:

I doubt anyone made the connection that the main character was a mandareke (or whatever they're called) like character and the same thing that throws the girl into the water in the first trailer. It might be something that happens right in the beginning and not something major too, I was just saying.

LzWinky

Also, to follow up on a couple of things:

1. The main character has the ability to change the terrain. Not much else is known though
2. The HP color determines the max HP of that character. For allies, it goes from blue -> green -> yellow -> orange -> red on the right. For enemies, the color order is reversed.

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SomeBitTripFan

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

TingLz wrote:

I doubt anyone made the connection that the main character was a mandareke (or whatever they're called) like character and the same thing that throws the girl into the water in the first trailer. It might be something that happens right in the beginning and not something major too, I was just saying.

I made those connections, of course I had read into a bit of speculation from the first trailer before seeing the second. I doubt that Nintendo will be spoiling anything too major though. With a trailer, I would think that they would avoid spoiling major plot points, and these things would be very clear to anyone who was observant.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Socar

I only hope that NOA includes all the stories in the entire game with little to no dlc.....of course, that's only a wish since I'm so used to physical carts.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Donalp15

Artwark wrote:

I only hope that NOA includes all the stories in the entire game with little to no dlc.....of course, that's only a wish since I'm so used to physical carts.

I'm thinking the western versions might have the Hoshido and Nohr stories to begin with, but the third will still be DLC.

FC 0516 7736 7877

Socar

So now its gonna be like the White Kingdom is the easier mode of play and the most accessible than the Black Kingdom which is the most challenging. So does this mean like the Black version won't have casual mode? Better yet, how does the Black Kingdom have more added content than the White Kingdom? What's the benefit of having two separate games with the same name if the games themselves have different game structures further confusing the gamers?

I played Awakening and I love that game so much because I played it on Casual Mode so its one of my all time favorites. I don't know if I would've loved the game so much if I played it in classic mode but still I love this game and even if Awakening isn't my favorite 3DS game period, it would still be the best 3DS game I've ever played.

But now when I want to be a veteran of the series, I have to get the Black version instead of the White one! I'm worried big time here and I know like its not till next year but I want to just experience the classic mode in a new game that's all.

But I'm positive that Nintendo will fix this mess if it at all happens. Its just that I don't want this new game to be the last Fire Emblem game if this one fails. Then It'll be like Metroid or F-Zero cycle.

LzWinky

It's simple. Japan knows Fire Emblem really well, hence why there are two versions. We don't know if the West will have the same release.

Fire Emblem is big in Japan, and this dual-release is nothing short of brilliant. They will get a lot of money from this game. With that said, the problem I see here is how users jump to the conclusion that the West will also get two games and all hell will break loose. Note how the dual-release was never mentioned in the western directs? I suspect the west will only get one game with the third route possibly being DLC.

Edited on by LzWinky

Socar

@TingLz Fire Emblem doesn't sell extremely well in Japan. Last time I checked, its US that gets the most sold. If anything Awakening was going to be the last in the series had it not sold well as it should.

Also, the bundle with both the games was sold the most as pre orders in Japan. So if trying to sell separate games more than the bundle doesn't work, then it wouldn't reach to Nintendo's expectations now would it?

LzWinky

Eh, hard numbers are difficult to find atm. And no, I refuse to use VGChartz unless they use a reliable source

DefHalan

I am wondering how important it will be to play both versions of the game. With Pokemon you can get away with just playing one version but I am not sure if that will be the case for Fire Emblem.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

faint

DefHalan wrote:

I am wondering how important it will be to play both versions of the game. With Pokemon you can get away with just playing one version but I am not sure if that will be the case for Fire Emblem.

well you get two story lines and a ton of different characters to play as. sounds like a better deal then 2 smah bros to get a free dlc fighter and an extra mode.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

jump

Artwark wrote:

@TingLz Fire Emblem doesn't sell extremely well in Japan. Last time I checked, its US that gets the most sold. If anything Awakening was going to be the last in the series had it not sold well as it should.

Also, the bundle with both the games was sold the most as pre orders in Japan. So if trying to sell separate games more than the bundle doesn't work, then it wouldn't reach to Nintendo's expectations now would it?

You're taking a lot of things out of context or misintrepeting them and I'm not sure what you mean by the second statement.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Socar

arronishere wrote:

Artwark wrote:

You're taking a lot of things out of context or misintrepeting them and I'm not sure what you mean by the second statement.

I'm just saying that its probably best to just have both games instead of them being separate.

LzWinky

Directors were interviewed in Famitsu.

These games will not have weapon usage limits at all. A new "Phoenix" mode was confirmed for all paths where characters can revive the next turn they fall. In other words, this will be a super casual or easy mode. Casual mode is also confirmed for all paths as well and it works like Awakening's where characters only retreat when they fall instead of dying. Btw, Classic is confirmed as well, so don't freak out FE masochists .

Directors reconfirmed that each path will have as many chapters and story as Awakening (~25 chapters). I cannot say if the amount of content is the same, but they also reconfirmed that Hoshido will have more ways to level up, whereas Nohr is more limited. The third path was mentioned, but no concrete details were given. Lastly, the "friends" of each path will be "formidable enemies" in the other path. How they will interact in the third path is not confirmed.

The main character's ability is called "Dragon Pulse" and Aqua (blue haired girl) as well as 8 other characters will have this ability. Some enemies will also possess the ability. The ability changes the landscape in many ways, including forming bridges (like in the trailer), changing a desert into a grassland, crumbling mountains, etc. Timing is key to this ability, so there will be strategy involved. Directors even said that using it at the wrong time can actually hinder your team.

Well I am excited for this game

http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/233289-fire-emblem-if-devs-...
https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2015/05/13/fire-emblem-if-fami...

Edited on by LzWinky

Socar

Ok. So there are no more limits this time around. But honestly, that was the challenging part in Awakening because it made you aware of its limit. With this, its making it easier to focus less. Not that I'm complaining but still.

The only issue I have with both these games is that if the games are marketed as being separate, I have to buy them both and I don't want to do DLC to buy the other one as I like to get both as physical copies. I couldn't care less about the third story but I want to play Nohr and Hoshido as physical copies.

But seriously though, I still think that Nohr characters look more charming than Hoshido. Hoshido has long hair characters a lot and if it has to be there, then make it look interesting to say the least.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.