Well:
-Game looks awesome
-I'm buying it next next
-That oni muscle chick Rinka is my waifu

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Grumblevolcano

Bronze wrote:

I only have a problem with dark weapons. In the basic weapon triangle, I thought the classes were weak-stronge against each other simply because of their shape, so now, I see this system.
So I guess giant swords of darkness have advantage against regular swords, but a disadvantage to axes. Yep, that's not confusing.

The GBA games had an exception to the basic weapon triangle rule, namely Reavers.

Swordreaver - Axe that's strong against swords but weak against lances
Lancereaver - Sword that's strong against lances but weak against axes
Axereaver - Lance that's strong against axes but weak against swords

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Mansa

Yeah, they made me regret not checking my enemy units out. Even so, they were there to give certain classes an advantage against foes they would usually be at a disadvantage with because of weapon options. Dark weapons is a category on its own. So a Fighter will not be able to use a dark axe whatsoever and still be weak against a sword master. Nevertheless, it's not really a complaint, just an opinion. I'll use them regardless.

Is dark magic in this category of weapons too?

Edit: I feel salty. XD
COULD a swordsmen use a dark sword or something? While ax wielders will be able to use dark axes and so on? Even still though, I'm sticking to my first point.

Edited on by Mansa

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

Dezzy

Bronze wrote:

Yeah, they made me regret not checking my enemy units out.

Took me about 2 playthroughs of Awakening to realise you could check your enemy's equipment and skills.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Mansa

Took ME multiple playthroughs of Sacred Stones to notice that your luck subtracts the enemy's crit.

Mansa

CaviarMeths

Took me I don't know how many playthroughs of FE7-10 to realize that Luc DOESN'T contribute to your own crit rate.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

KO-Cub

I can't even remember when I got good at Fire Emblem. Like Smash Bros. It just happens.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Zerodactyl

Fire Emblem If’s pre-load weighs in at 24,666 blocks in Japan, which is roughly 3.083GB.

SUBSCRIBE to my GAMING YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGc24cyhnXLO3EZ3yPXEzQ

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Funny Moments Montage: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8jCaVRifWcQ

3DS Friend Code: 1161-0648-3584 | Nintendo Network ID: Zerodactyl | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

It took me many playthroughs of different FE games to realize about the importance of comparing Con stats of characters to weapon weight stats. For most non-promoted characters, steel weapons are useless because of reduced speed stat.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ZenTurtle

I heard that the download version makes you choose between the two paths. So could you in theory trick it into thinking it is a brand new copy, and play both paths without paying twice? Could an Action Replay-style cheat cartridge do this (assuming the download copy has both versions stored in the files)?

Long live the BBC Micro.

Dezzy

Zerodactyl wrote:

Fire Emblem If’s pre-load weighs in at 24,666 blocks in Japan, which is roughly 3.083GB.

I don't know what to compare it to, but that sounds rather large for this type of game!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

CaviarMeths

Dezzy wrote:

Zerodactyl wrote:

I don't know what to compare it to, but that sounds rather large for this type of game!

That makes it one of the biggest games on the system, almost as big as Resident Evil: Revelations, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, and Bravely Default. Awakening + all of the DLC is less than 10,000 blocks.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

jump

Dezzy wrote:

Zerodactyl wrote:

Well Awakening was 8,579 blocks although it could be IF makes you download both versions of the game which is still more than twice the size of Awakening.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

CaviarMeths

arronishere wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Zerodactyl wrote:

Well Awakening was 8,579 blocks although it could be IF makes you download both versions of the game which is still more than twice the size of Awakening.

The two versions of If probably share most of their assets, so the downloading the second version should take up significantly fewer blocks.

KO-Cub

CaviarMeths wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Zerodactyl wrote:

The two versions of If probably share most of their assets, so the downloading the second version should take up significantly fewer blocks.

I'm just gon ... buy it for now, thanks. Still, even when they simplify it, what could it possibly be to make it this large? My bet, cutscenes and a lot of 'em.

jump

KO-Cub wrote:

I'm just gon ... buy it for now, thanks. Still, even when they simplify it, what could it possibly be to make it this large? My bet, cutscenes and a lot of 'em.

They've already said IF is bigger than Awakening plus you've got the new town building and amie thing is my guess.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

KO-Cub

arronishere wrote:

KO-Cub wrote:

They've already said IF is bigger than Awakening plus you've got the new town building and amie thing is my guess.

And Amiibo too. Still, they are using the same engine as Awakening.

CaviarMeths

It seems to use Live2D tech for the amie thing, which might be clunky in file size. I know in the case of Bravely Default, uncompressed audio was the culprit. Might be the case for FE too.

Mansa

So, there are already units that uses the tree original basic weapons. Will there be a class that uses magic, dark weapons, and bows instead?
With something to think about, have a nice day or not... The choice is yours. U_U

Mansa

Maelstrom

Hey, for those who don't know, the Japanese download does NOT contain either side of the story. You play the first few chapters, and when you make your decision at chapter whatever it is, the rest is downloaded and your choice is locked. So those 3GB are probably not even half of the download size. However I'm really not sure how much content will be downloaded, as any content shared by both versions would be downloaded first.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.