3DS Forum

Topic: Does 3DS VC even stand a chance of being worthwhile?

Showing 101 to 117 of 117

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slapshot

101. Posted:

Huh, I seriously didnt know that, though I invested in the Gamecube very late in its cycle I did have a GBA but I was playing Playstation like crazy then. I dont know how I missed that one as I bought the Mario RPGs at launch as well as Drilldozer and tons of the greatness that is GBA. Heck I had like 3 different GBAs at one time. I still love that handheld to death.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

102. Posted:

Mario & Luigi wasn't a launch game...unless you meant the launch of those games.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

103. Posted:

lz2010 wrote:

Linkstrikesback wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

banjo kozzoie and golden eye

No and no. What is going on the 3DS virtual console is still going to be restricted by licensing and ownership. Rare games will never be on the console, baring some kind of miracle business partnership between Microsoft and Nintendo.

It's not impossible for rare to release games on nintendo consoles, though it is extremely uncommon. Rare made Diddy kong racing DS, for example

That's because Rare didn't own Diddy Kong Racing. Waltz meant that we'll never see Rare-owned games (like Banjo-Kazooie) on Nintendo consoles.

Yeah, this.

Microsoft owns the rights to Banjo Kazooie, and Activision owns the Bond rights. Therefore no Banjo Kazooie or N64 Goldeneye games on Virtual console.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

104. Posted:

Nope, but we do see a GoldenEye remake...so there's really no point to the VC release now

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

jayo

105. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

Yeah, this.

Microsoft owns the rights to Banjo Kazooie, and Activision owns the Bond rights. Therefore no Banjo Kazooie or N64 Goldeneye games on Virtual console.

Actually, there is a chance we might see the Banjo Kazooie games on the 3DS. Microsoft's rivalry with Nintendo does not pertain to handhelds.

jayo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

106. Posted:

jayo wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Yeah, this.

Microsoft owns the rights to Banjo Kazooie, and Activision owns the Bond rights. Therefore no Banjo Kazooie or N64 Goldeneye games on Virtual console.

Actually, there is a chance we might see the Banjo Kazooie games on the 3DS. Microsoft's rivalry with Nintendo does not pertain to handhelds.

Why is it no one understands that anything that has to do with Donkey Kong is Nintendo's and not Rare's? We're talking about IPs here. Banjo-Kazooie is Microsoft's now. Microsoft isn't gonna let their games go on Ninty's platform.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kyloctopus

107. Posted:

If Diddy Racing is on VC do you think they can edit Banjo, out. Like how they edited Pokemon snap

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

108. Posted:

Koops3 wrote:

If Diddy Racing is on VC do you think they can edit Banjo, out. Like how they edited Pokemon snap

They might. It just depends on how necessary they were to the game and how much work it'll require.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

109. Posted:

All I want is every GB and GBC game I missed out on (which is all of them for the GB).

Edited on by The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage
Avatar

8bitforever

110. Posted:

I have played a lot of GBC and GB games. This was my main system for quite a while. I am very fond of portable gaming. I would love to see some Sega Game Gear games too. I think it has bigger potential then most people may see right now. I am excited either way. The 3DS seems like it may take over the whole gaming industry with its lineup. Lets hope!

8bitforever

AuthorMessage
Avatar

geek-master

111. Posted:

i know this probabily wont happend, but what about mario camera for the GBC?

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gatygun

112. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

lz2010 wrote:

To be honest, I consider the Virtual Console service more of a bonus than a necessity. I don't want to buy a new system just to play old games I beat in the past.

That's how I viewed it, until those old games became the only things worth buying. Hopefully things won't turn out as bad on the 3DS.

You got a good point here, but some other medium is going to jump in with 3DS. which is downloadable demo's / trailers. which keep you hopefully bussy.
I dont see VC as a usefull product anyway, only way its actually decent. that you can play old crap aged games back that you either already beaten / owned etc. The quality isn't gona be that great with that.

You basically can ditch your gba, instead of holding it on the side next to your 3ds, to play your old classics etc.

It only eliminates the need for a "old" nintendo device. I only must say. i had gb / gbadvance / ds. There is not a single game i want to replay. they feel totally outdated etc.

Its a nice add for people that dont got the older consoles, or games. But its really not that special to start with.
I hope nintendo is giving us some good online options with the 3DS, and not only tag mode trash.

gatygun

AuthorMessage
Avatar

geek-master

113. Posted:

gatygun wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

lz2010 wrote:

To be honest, I consider the Virtual Console service more of a bonus than a necessity. I don't want to buy a new system just to play old games I beat in the past.

That's how I viewed it, until those old games became the only things worth buying. Hopefully things won't turn out as bad on the 3DS.

You got a good point here, but some other medium is going to jump in with 3DS. which is downloadable demo's / trailers. which keep you hopefully bussy.
I dont see VC as a usefull product anyway, only way its actually decent. that you can play old crap aged games back that you either already beaten / owned etc. The quality isn't gona be that great with that.

You basically can ditch your gba, instead of holding it on the side next to your 3ds, to play your old classics etc.

It only eliminates the need for a "old" nintendo device. I only must say. i had gb / gbadvance / ds. There is not a single game i want to replay. they feel totally outdated etc.

Its a nice add for people that dont got the older consoles, or games. But its really not that special to start with.
I hope nintendo is giving us some good online options with the 3DS, and not only tag mode trash.

this is just a dream. but will the original spyro games come to the 3DS virtual consol?

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

114. Posted:

@Geek-Master

No. The original Syro trilogy is Sony's alone, now that they put it on PSN.

gatygun wrote:

You got a good point here, but some other medium is going to jump in with 3DS. which is downloadable demo's / trailers. which keep you hopefully bussy.

Nintendo has those? Where'd you hear about that?

gatygun wrote:

I dont see VC as a usefull product anyway, only way its actually decent. that you can play old crap aged games back that you either already beaten / owned etc. The quality isn't gona be that great with that.

Just like how old books and movies are useless, right? No? I didn't think so. Look man, sometimes games are classic for a reason.

gatygun wrote:

You basically can ditch your gba, instead of holding it on the side next to your 3ds, to play your old classics etc.

That's about as good an idea as Ditching your Nintendo 64 because there's VC in the Wii.

gatygun wrote:

It only eliminates the need for a "old" nintendo device. I only must say. i had gb / gbadvance / ds. There is not a single game i want to replay. they feel totally outdated etc.

That's too bad. Personally, I still play Game Boy and Game Boy advance games regularly, and there isn't a single one I own that feels crappy or outdated. Maybe I just picked up better games that you did? Who knows.

gatygun wrote:

Its a nice add for people that dont got the older consoles, or games. But its really not that special to start with.
I hope nintendo is giving us some good online options with the 3DS, and not only tag mode trash.

That I can mostly agree with, except chances are if the 3DS does cost as much as we think it does, I'll be subsisting on those cheap old games until I can finally afford to buy a new game.:P

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bass_X0

115. Posted:

Surprisingly, Capcom doesn't have many old GB games to put on the VC (that aren't licensed). Five Mega Man games, Gargoyle's Quest, Bionic Commando and Street Fighter II.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slapshot

116. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Mario & Luigi wasn't a launch game...unless you meant the launch of those games.

Yep, I was there at the launch, or actually there when I got off work the day I could get my copy lol.

Oh as for the Four Swords deal. I was like 21 and living on my own then, and finding friends my age at that time with GBAs and link cables wasnt happening. I ended up buying them all :(

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GameInfinite

117. Posted:

Bass+X0 wrote:

Let's see...

GAME BOY
Super Mario Land trilogy

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

There. Over 2 great games that take much to come up with. And a lot more besides.

These are the games comfirmed for 3DS VC

Edited on by GameInfinite

Unlocked everything for Smash 3DS!
NNID:CokeAlign
Brawl FC: 0603-7408-2907