Forums

Topic: Does 3DS VC even stand a chance of being worthwhile?

Posts 101 to 113 of 113

jayo

WaltzElf wrote:

Yeah, this.

Microsoft owns the rights to Banjo Kazooie, and Activision owns the Bond rights. Therefore no Banjo Kazooie or N64 Goldeneye games on Virtual console.

Actually, there is a chance we might see the Banjo Kazooie games on the 3DS. Microsoft's rivalry with Nintendo does not pertain to handhelds.

jayo

CanisWolfred

jayo wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Yeah, this.

Microsoft owns the rights to Banjo Kazooie, and Activision owns the Bond rights. Therefore no Banjo Kazooie or N64 Goldeneye games on Virtual console.

Actually, there is a chance we might see the Banjo Kazooie games on the 3DS. Microsoft's rivalry with Nintendo does not pertain to handhelds.

Why is it no one understands that anything that has to do with Donkey Kong is Nintendo's and not Rare's? We're talking about IPs here. Banjo-Kazooie is Microsoft's now. Microsoft isn't gonna let their games go on Ninty's platform.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Kyloctopus

If Diddy Racing is on VC do you think they can edit Banjo, out. Like how they edited Pokemon snap

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Koops3 wrote:

If Diddy Racing is on VC do you think they can edit Banjo, out. Like how they edited Pokemon snap

They might. It just depends on how necessary they were to the game and how much work it'll require.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

All I want is every GB and GBC game I missed out on (which is all of them for the GB).

Edited on by The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Shredderlovespizza

I have played a lot of GBC and GB games. This was my main system for quite a while. I am very fond of portable gaming. I would love to see some Sega Game Gear games too. I think it has bigger potential then most people may see right now. I am excited either way. The 3DS seems like it may take over the whole gaming industry with its lineup. Lets hope!

Shredderlovespizza

geek-master

i know this probabily wont happend, but what about mario camera for the GBC?

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

gatygun

Mickeymac wrote:

lz2010 wrote:

To be honest, I consider the Virtual Console service more of a bonus than a necessity. I don't want to buy a new system just to play old games I beat in the past.

That's how I viewed it, until those old games became the only things worth buying. Hopefully things won't turn out as bad on the 3DS.

You got a good point here, but some other medium is going to jump in with 3DS. which is downloadable demo's / trailers. which keep you hopefully bussy.
I dont see VC as a usefull product anyway, only way its actually decent. that you can play old crap aged games back that you either already beaten / owned etc. The quality isn't gona be that great with that.

You basically can ditch your gba, instead of holding it on the side next to your 3ds, to play your old classics etc.

It only eliminates the need for a "old" nintendo device. I only must say. i had gb / gbadvance / ds. There is not a single game i want to replay. they feel totally outdated etc.

Its a nice add for people that dont got the older consoles, or games. But its really not that special to start with.
I hope nintendo is giving us some good online options with the 3DS, and not only tag mode trash.

gatygun

geek-master

gatygun wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

lz2010 wrote:

To be honest, I consider the Virtual Console service more of a bonus than a necessity. I don't want to buy a new system just to play old games I beat in the past.

That's how I viewed it, until those old games became the only things worth buying. Hopefully things won't turn out as bad on the 3DS.

You got a good point here, but some other medium is going to jump in with 3DS. which is downloadable demo's / trailers. which keep you hopefully bussy.
I dont see VC as a usefull product anyway, only way its actually decent. that you can play old crap aged games back that you either already beaten / owned etc. The quality isn't gona be that great with that.

You basically can ditch your gba, instead of holding it on the side next to your 3ds, to play your old classics etc.

It only eliminates the need for a "old" nintendo device. I only must say. i had gb / gbadvance / ds. There is not a single game i want to replay. they feel totally outdated etc.

Its a nice add for people that dont got the older consoles, or games. But its really not that special to start with.
I hope nintendo is giving us some good online options with the 3DS, and not only tag mode trash.

this is just a dream. but will the original spyro games come to the 3DS virtual consol?

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

CanisWolfred

@Geek-Master

No. The original Syro trilogy is Sony's alone, now that they put it on PSN.

gatygun wrote:

Nintendo has those? Where'd you hear about that?

gatygun wrote:

Just like how old books and movies are useless, right? No? I didn't think so. Look man, sometimes games are classic for a reason.

gatygun wrote:

That's about as good an idea as Ditching your Nintendo 64 because there's VC in the Wii.

gatygun wrote:

That's too bad. Personally, I still play Game Boy and Game Boy advance games regularly, and there isn't a single one I own that feels crappy or outdated. Maybe I just picked up better games that you did? Who knows.

gatygun wrote:

That I can mostly agree with, except chances are if the 3DS does cost as much as we think it does, I'll be subsisting on those cheap old games until I can finally afford to buy a new game.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Bass_X0

Surprisingly, Capcom doesn't have many old GB games to put on the VC (that aren't licensed). Five Mega Man games, Gargoyle's Quest, Bionic Commando and Street Fighter II.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Slapshot

Mickeymac wrote:

Mario & Luigi wasn't a launch game...unless you meant the launch of those games.

Yep, I was there at the launch, or actually there when I got off work the day I could get my copy lol.

Oh as for the Four Swords deal. I was like 21 and living on my own then, and finding friends my age at that time with GBAs and link cables wasnt happening. I ended up buying them all

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

GameInfinite

Bass+X0 wrote:

Let's see...

GAME BOY
Super Mario Land trilogy

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

There. Over 2 great games that take much to come up with. And a lot more besides.

These are the games comfirmed for 3DS VC

Edited on by GameInfinite

Unlocked everything for Smash 3DS!
NNID:CokeAlign
N3DS FC- 4313-2337-0977

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.