3DS Forum

Topic: Anyone else opposed to Senran Kagura?

Showing 141 to 160 of 238

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

141. Posted:

Blast wrote:

I'm actually disliking this thread wayyy more than the number of negative Wii U threads on this site.
Senran Kagura isn't being offensive to anybody! There's wayyy worse games than Senran Kagura! Sheesh!
If I was a woman and I saw Senran Kagura.... I would actually laugh at the game because of how silly it is!
I'm outta here.

Amusingly enough, almost all of the women I've shown the game to think it is hilarious. Because it is ridiculous and fun.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Super_Gravy

142. Posted:

@Mizore: That is true but weren't you be curious to know what it is if you can't access it?

@CaviarMeths: That is true as well but they still can't get an sale if Parent Control are in because it is locked. They have to disabled or lightening up Parent Control to buy this game depending on ERSB rating.

Edited on by Super_Gravy

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

143. Posted:

Super_Gravy wrote:

@Mizore: That is true but weren't you be curious to know what it is if you can't access it?

@CaviarMeths: That is true as well but they still can't get an sale if Parent Control are in because it is locked. They have to disabled or lightening up Parent Control to buy this game depending on ERSB rating.

Not really...I have the Strike Witches anime if I wanted to see jiggling anime boobs. lol

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CaviarMeths

144. Posted:

Super_Gravy wrote:

@Mizore: That is true but weren't you be curious to know what it is if you can't access it?

@CaviarMeths: That is true as well but they still can't get an sale if Parent Control are in because it is locked. They have to disabled or lightening up Parent Control to buy this game depending on ERSB rating.

Really? Parent Controls can't be bypassed with a password or something? That's... odd.

Curiosity and children go hand in hand though, and in most cases it's quite healthy. De-listing wouldn't prevent any kid from gaining access to suggestive material anyway. I was about 8 when I found my first dirty mag, and that was before the internet made it all a million times easier.

Courage is the magic that turns durrr into reherrdurr.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Super_Gravy

145. Posted:

@Mizore: Aww man! Now you made me curious to find out what that anime is about. Thanks a lot Mizore! XD

@CaviarMeths: That is a good valid point. Some parents are more… tight or loosen if you know what I mean. The problem is everyone have an different idea when and what materials that children allowed to see. I don't have kids myself but I don't really know how strict or loose I am if I do have kids.

Edited on by Super_Gravy

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CaviarMeths

146. Posted:

Super_Gravy wrote:

@CaviarMeths: That is a good valid point. Some parents are more… tight or loosen if you know what I mean. The problem is everyone have an different idea when and what materials that children allowed to see. I don't have kids myself but I don't really know how strict or loose I am if I do have kids.

Oh, absolutely. All parents will have different values. But I think the responsibility of monitoring what kids have access to falls on the parents, not on Nintendo (or the government, society, etc). ESRB and the like are fantastic tools for helping parents make informed decisions on what games their kids are playing, but it shouldn't be the rule and Nintendo shouldn't be empowering them as such.

Courage is the magic that turns durrr into reherrdurr.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PorridgeParlour

147. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

PorridgeParlour wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

PorridgeParlour wrote:

Lets be honest everyone... It's a little silly to think that there is no possible way for SK to be a gateway to hard porn.

Do you have even a scintilla of proof for this claim, or are you just stringing words together for the fun of it?

And why does hard porn need a gateway?

I don't understand what you wrote. Do I need proof to say that SK could possibly lead to more perverse things? Stringing words?
Why does hard porn need a gateway? That makes no sense. Everything has a gateway.

In other words, do you have any justified reason to believe that playing Senran Kagura will lead to "more perverse things?"

Moreover, why is it even "perverse?" What qualifies as "perverse?" Anything containing some level of fanservice? Does classic cheesecake from World War II count as something perverse?

Not in my experience. I didn't need some sort of intermediary between innocence and porn consumption when I was a youngin'. I hit puberty, stumbled across a Sailor Moon hentai site purely by accident, realized that it was the most amazing thing I had ever seen in my young life, and it all went from there. Do you have any proof that there needs to be some sort of "gateway" to hard porn consumption?

Look, if you want to make claims, you ideally need some reason for believing those claims. Those claims require justification of some sort.

Oh please. You know what I mean by perverse, I'm not playing this game. I'm not trying to offend you or anyone. I feel that your claims require more justification than mine. I don't know why you are so hung up on the word "gateway". Didn't you just tell me that you stumbled upon a sailor moon website and it started there?

PorridgeParlour

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

148. Posted:

^But it was a porn site. He's saying his gateway to hardcore porn was hardcore porn. You're implying something as small as fanservice can lead to porn addiction. I just don't see how that's possible, and I too would like to know your reasonings.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

149. Posted:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/56737/blog/senran-k...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98029364&postc...

DRAGON'S CROWN 2.0, BABY!

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Super_Gravy

150. Posted:

@kkslider5552000: I don't understand the problem with Dragon's Crown. I playing as Wizard or Fighter and I don't see any skins beside the face and monsters.

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RogueBologna

151. Posted:

The_Fox wrote:

O.K, I take back what I said about the Final Fantasy thread earlier: THIS is the most entertaining thread we've had on here in a while.

Haha, I have been checking this thread really often throughout today and yesterday because of how great it is.

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7445-0519

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

152. Posted:

Super_Gravy wrote:

@kkslider5552000: I don't understand the problem with Dragon's Crown.

Exactly!

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

153. Posted:

It all comes down to this: morals are entirely subjective. What is morally wrong for one person could be perfectly fine to someone else, and vice versa. It's perfectly OK for anyone to enjoy anything that they want to — they shouldn't have to worry about if anyone else thinks it's "wrong"; so long as nobody's getting hurt it's OK. And this game falls under the category of not harming anyone.

...and now I am done...

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Gioku on Youtube | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

154. Posted:

PorridgeParlour wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

PorridgeParlour wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

PorridgeParlour wrote:

Lets be honest everyone... It's a little silly to think that there is no possible way for SK to be a gateway to hard porn.

Do you have even a scintilla of proof for this claim, or are you just stringing words together for the fun of it?

And why does hard porn need a gateway?

I don't understand what you wrote. Do I need proof to say that SK could possibly lead to more perverse things? Stringing words?
Why does hard porn need a gateway? That makes no sense. Everything has a gateway.

In other words, do you have any justified reason to believe that playing Senran Kagura will lead to "more perverse things?"

Moreover, why is it even "perverse?" What qualifies as "perverse?" Anything containing some level of fanservice? Does classic cheesecake from World War II count as something perverse?

Not in my experience. I didn't need some sort of intermediary between innocence and porn consumption when I was a youngin'. I hit puberty, stumbled across a Sailor Moon hentai site purely by accident, realized that it was the most amazing thing I had ever seen in my young life, and it all went from there. Do you have any proof that there needs to be some sort of "gateway" to hard porn consumption?

Look, if you want to make claims, you ideally need some reason for believing those claims. Those claims require justification of some sort.

Oh please. You know what I mean by perverse, I'm not playing this game. I'm not trying to offend you or anyone. I feel that your claims require more justification than mine. I don't know why you are so hung up on the word "gateway". Didn't you just tell me that you stumbled upon a sailor moon website and it started there?

I actually don't know what you mean by "perverse." Using the Sailor Moon example, I have some rather traditional family members who would consider the show perverse because it features teen girls in mini skirts. Their outfits are very leggy. Now, if you have seen the show, you know it is a magical girl show aimed at young girls. Not something most people would consider perverse. So whose definition of "perverse" is correct in this case? Or is it a "gateway" to hard porn because I quite accidently stumbled on a porn site by googling for images of it? Do you see where I'm going with this?

I don't mind conversing with you on this subject, but please don't become agitated when I request you clarify your statements and terminology. Clear definitions are the guardians of rationality, after all.

I am, unfortunately, not psychic, and so do not "know what you mean" if you don't clarify your statements. Moreover, you are the one making the argument about how obvious it is that porn requires a "gateway" of some sort, which does not seem obvious at all to me, so the burden of proof is in your court. Either provide some sort of evidence for your claim or admit that your statement is unsubstantiated opinion and nothing more.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

155. Posted:

Super_Gravy wrote:

@kkslider5552000: I don't understand the problem with Dragon's Crown. I playing as Wizard or Fighter and I don't see any skins beside the face and monsters.

Seriously? The Sorceress character is ridiculously stacked. Also, some of the in game art is a bit revealing, such as that of the mermaids. The Sorceress is the bulk of the controversy, though.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OptometristLime

156. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

It all comes down to this: morals are entirely subjective. What is morally wrong for one person could be perfectly fine to someone else, and vice versa. It's perfectly OK for anyone to enjoy anything that they want to — they shouldn't have to worry about if anyone else thinks it's "wrong"; so long as nobody's getting hurt it's OK. And this game falls under the category of not harming anyone.

...and now I am done...

This is more like a doctrine to fall back on if you possess no independent moral code of your own.
Morals are defined by people and some what region specific, but that doesn't erode their importance.

CanisWolfred wrote:

Obviously you guys have been watching too much Anime. Maybe Link will photosythesis, too?.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

157. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

Super_Gravy wrote:

@kkslider5552000: I don't understand the problem with Dragon's Crown. I playing as Wizard or Fighter and I don't see any skins beside the face and monsters.

Seriously? The Sorceress character is ridiculously stacked. Also, some of the in game art is a bit revealing, such as that of the mermaids. The Sorceress is the bulk of the controversy, though.

I find the art from that game to be quite exaggerated, men have huge hulking chests full of muscles and women have super sized breasts and hips.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CaviarMeths

158. Posted:

Untitled

'Sup guys. Just dropping by with my socially acceptable degrading of a gender with my revealing outfits and unrealistic body image.

Courage is the magic that turns durrr into reherrdurr.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

159. Posted:

OptometristLime wrote:

Gioku wrote:

It all comes down to this: morals are entirely subjective. What is morally wrong for one person could be perfectly fine to someone else, and vice versa. It's perfectly OK for anyone to enjoy anything that they want to — they shouldn't have to worry about if anyone else thinks it's "wrong"; so long as nobody's getting hurt it's OK. And this game falls under the category of not harming anyone.

...and now I am done...

This is more like a doctrine to fall back on if you possess no independent moral code of your own.
Morals are defined by people and some what region specific, but that doesn't erode their importance.

No, I think that everyone should be able to believe what they want or like or enjoy whatever they want without worrying about whether others don't like it and/or think it is wrong. I'm accepting of all ways of thinking or ways of life, even ones I might not understand or agree with. It's OK to be different, different does not mean bad. Different does not mean good. Different is different. I just dislike it when someone decides that their way of thinking is the only one that's right... that's when problems start to arise...

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Gioku on Youtube | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

160. Posted:

Moorpheel wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Super_Gravy wrote:

@kkslider5552000: I don't understand the problem with Dragon's Crown. I playing as Wizard or Fighter and I don't see any skins beside the face and monsters.

Seriously? The Sorceress character is ridiculously stacked. Also, some of the in game art is a bit revealing, such as that of the mermaids. The Sorceress is the bulk of the controversy, though.

I find the art from that game to be quite exaggerated, men have huge hulking chests full of muscles and women have super sized breasts and hips.

I agree, but unfortunately people only pay attention to the exaggerated female physique.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

Sorry, this topic has been locked.