Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 2,670

Simmer_E

Well, my bday is tomorrow and my parents might get me a 3Ds
But I might be able to get only one game

So which should I get?
I REALLY want Animal Crossing, but it's not out yet, and if they preordered i would be gameless for a while...
So what should I do?

Simmer_E

Nintendo Network ID: Simmer_E | Twitter:

6ch6ris6

SimmerE15 wrote:

So which should I get?
I REALLY want Animal Crossing, but it's not out yet, and if they preordered i would be gameless for a while...
So what should I do?

ah your other thread got closed huh? xD

as i said: what genres do you like?
racing: ridge racer 3D
fighting: SF4 or DoA
petsim: nintenndogs+cats
flying: pilotwings resort
action adventure: zelda OoT

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Nezumi

iphys wrote:

I think Monkey Ball is going to price dive down to $20 within a year, so I'd hold out on it. It seems pretty much all third party games come down in price quite quickly these days.

That's what I'm waiting for.

Nezumi | 2664-2185-3229 | Backloggery

Simmer_E

6ch6ris6 wrote:

SimmerE15 wrote:

So which should I get?
So what should I do?

ah your other thread got closed huh? xD

as i said: what genres do you like?
racing: ridge racer 3D
fighting: SF4 or DoA
petsim: nintenndogs+cats
flying: pilotwings resort
action adventure: zelda OoT

I think I might get Dead or Alive

Simmer_E

6ch6ris6

wtf is going on here?! xD

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Tare

Epic quadruple post. In case you missed it the first 3 times.

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

Meta-Rift

@SimmerE15: There isn't a huge selection right now, especially if you're picky about genres. I love Samurai Warriors. It's got a lot of content and it'll probably last me until more games come out.

Meta-Rift

Simmer_E

Rift wrote:

@SimmerE15: There isn't a huge selection right now, especially if you're picky about genres. I love Samurai Warriors. It's got a lot of content and it'll probably last me until more games come out.

I'm not that picky about them, but Samurai Warriors, SuperMonkey Ball, Rabbits in Time, etc. I would never think I would like them lol

Simmer_E

Meta-Rift

SimmerE15 wrote:

Rift wrote:

I'm not that picky about them, but Samurai Warriors, SuperMonkey Ball, Rabbits in Time, etc. I would never think I would like them lol

Well, those three are completely different from each other. For most of the games out now, you'll get mixed opinions. Someone will love it, and someone else will hate it. The only way to be sure is try one at a game store before you actually pay for it.

Meta-Rift

Simmer_E

Rift wrote:

SimmerE15 wrote:

Rift wrote:

Well, those three are completely different from each other. For most of the games out now, you'll get mixed opinions. Someone will love it, and someone else will hate it. The only way to be sure is try one at a game store before you actually pay for it.

Oh, I know
I was just naming different kinds of game types.

Simmer_E

R-L-A-George

Blazblue: Continuum Shift 2 is pretty good.
Punch Time Explosion, its not bad but I think it depends on taste.

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

Phoenix_S117

I only have three 3DS games. Ghost Recon, Dead or Alive, and Ocarina of Time. So those are my recommendations.

I had SSFIV, Ridge Racer, and Nintendogs + cat at one point and ended up getting rid of all of them. SSFIV isn't bad but I prefer DoA. Ridge Racer is good but I am just going to wait for Mario Kart for my racing game. And Nintendogs just got boring.

Phoenix_S117

therick112

I only have three 3DS games as well, Ghost Recon, Ocarina of Time, and Pilotwings Resort.

Will buy Star Fox, Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion 2, Super Mario, and Kid Icarus upon release, without a doubt.

Edited on by therick112

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7214-8228

warioswoods

This was a surprise to me, but DoA: Dimensions turned out to be a far more polished, enjoyable, and replayable game than SSF4.

DoA comes with a multitude of modes, unlockables, and DLC content coming in daily, plus the graphics are way ahead of SSF4, with beautiful, multi-layered stages with all kinds of movement and changes in the background, plus smoother character models and animation. Also, everything just feels so much faster — you go from fight to fight in typically less than a second in most modes, without wasting time with a world map screen, and the action is nonstop.

I picked up SSF4 at launch, but just a couple days after adding DoA to my collection, I realized I'd never touch SSF4 again, so I traded it in. Believe me, that's a strong endorsement, because I always considered the fighting in Street Fighter to be superior. Now I'm learning to appreciate the countering and combo system in DoA, and it turns out to be far more enjoyable.

Edited on by warioswoods

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

goldboy27

I have SSF4, Oot 3d and pilotwings what next?

PSN Name
Paperluigi1000

Terave

@goldboy27 Maybe it's better to wait for Star Fox 64?

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

EliPro

goldboy27 wrote:

I have SSF4, Oot 3d and pilotwings what next?

Yeah or the RE:M 3D. It's coming out the 28th i recall

Wii FC:5954-2958-4632-5792
GE007:00555-9505-006
Brawl:1634-0151-9007
3DS:3609-1031-8007
Steam:WindSquid
Xbox Live GT:windsquid887
Im currently playing:
Plants Vs Zombies

R-L-A-George

therick112 wrote:

I only have three 3DS games as well, Ghost Recon, Ocarina of Time, and Pilotwings Resort.

Will buy Star Fox, Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion 2, Super Mario, and Kid Icarus upon release, without a doubt.

I have 4.

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic