3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 121 to 140 of 1,805

AuthorMessage

goldboy27

121. Posted:

I have SSF4, Oot 3d and pilotwings what next?

PSN Name
Paperluigi1000

AuthorMessage

Terave

122. Posted:

@goldboy27 Maybe it's better to wait for Star Fox 64?

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

AuthorMessage

EliPro

123. Posted:

goldboy27 wrote:

I have SSF4, Oot 3d and pilotwings what next?

Yeah or the RE:M 3D. It's coming out the 28th i recall

Wii FC:5954-2958-4632-5792
GE007:00555-9505-006
Brawl:1634-0151-9007
3DS:3609-1031-8007
Steam:WindSquid
Xbox Live GT:windsquid887
Im currently playing:
Plants Vs Zombies

AuthorMessage

R-L-A-George

124. Posted:

therick112 wrote:

I only have three 3DS games as well, Ghost Recon, Ocarina of Time, and Pilotwings Resort.

Will buy Star Fox, Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion 2, Super Mario, and Kid Icarus upon release, without a doubt.

I have 4.

Pokemon Black: 2150 8208 3279 Soul Silver: 3094 9507 1275 Platinum: 0044 9189 6528

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter: R_L_A_G67252

AuthorMessage

SunnySnivy

125. Posted:

I only have 2 games for my 3DS. Nintendogs and Ocarina of Time. None of the other games that are right now appeal to me, at all.

I will be getting Super Mario, Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario, and Kid Icarus when they come out. Maybe Star Fox too, I haven't decided.

http://backloggery.com/naviloveslink

AuthorMessage

grumblebuzzz

126. Posted:

I have 3: Pilotwings Resort, Nintendogs+Cats, and Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. Having played Pilotwings and Nintendogs since the console's launch, I still feel like the first "real" game I've played in 3D on the system is Zelda. Pilotwings, to me, is more of a supercharged tech demo and Nintendogs is cute and addictive at first but becomes mind-numbingly boring once you've exhausted all of the few shop item choices and won most of the contests. So out of the games I've played, I would definitely suggest Zelda, cautiously suggest Pilotwings and only recommend Nintendogs to fans of the genre/series.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage

Terave

127. Posted:

I have only two: Street Fighter and Ocarina of Time 3D. Other games weren't that good looking. Now, i'm thinking of a new game, but which one should I get? (A DS title's good as well.) Thinking about Okamiden, 'cause I think I can't last without a new game till Star Fox... So, Okamiden, or an other 3DS title?

EDIT: I am getting (on release) Mario Kart, Super Mario 3D, Kid Icarus Luigi's Mansion 2 and maybe Prof. Layton and the Mask of Miracle.

Edited on by Terave

AuthorMessage

RedYoshi999

128. Posted:

Ok I'm planning on getting a 3DS but have a choice of 2 games: Super Monkey Ball 3D or Rayman 3D. Which is better?

Wii FC: 8618 6010 9640 8956

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

AuthorMessage

Karakato

129. Posted:

@128 I'd choose Rayman but it depends on what you like. Even though it is flooded with cons(i.e. inconsistent framerate, no graphical improvement, bad 3D), Rayman is still a good game. Get the DC version if you have one, I hear it's the best. Think of it as a bad port of a great 3D platformer which was regarded as one of the best games of its time. SMB3D from what I've heard is too easy compared to the other series which may be a let-down for some fans of the past installments. The two side games are a bit disappointing if you compare them to the games they imitate, but still they are a fun diversion. It's a good game on its own(3D off if you use motion controls), but it's overshadowed by its past predecessor. If you want to play a great 3D platformer but limited to only having a 3DS, get Rayman. If you want a fun game to play that you can breeze through a weekend with neat diversions, get monkey ball especially if its your first time.

So I just got a 3DS cheap today, along with Ocarina of Time which I sadly skipped when it first came out on the N64. I haven't started at opening them both yet I am considering getting another game. I'm choosing between either SF4 or DoA which both look appealing and most importantly, are online. I want Street Fighter because I always play it in the arcades and DoA because I want to try out a new fighter that's not made by Capcom. So how do you guys find the Counter-attack system/rock-paper-scissors fighting style of doa because I never played the series before. What I need to know the most is which of the two games have the better net-code for online. What's important to me for fighting games is having a smooth and non-laggy match. What are your thoughts on those two?

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Terave

130. Posted:

@129 Well the online for SSF4 doesn't work for me well but the framerate is really ok. I've no idea of DoA.

AuthorMessage

warioswoods

131. Posted:

I didn't play either online more than maybe 15 or so times each, but I greatly prefer DoA for the 3DS in just about every possible way, as I noted in my previous post: better graphics, modes, everything - by a long shot. I will say that I've seen lagged matches in both games, so it really depends on your opponent, however DoA gives you simple indicator of the connection of the opponent before you agree to the match, so you could avoid weaker connections.

As for the blocking and countering in DoA, this is my first game in the series and I was very pleasantly surprised. It works well, adds a great deal of speed to every match, and also makes it so that you can trade out characters more freely without starting from scratch, for a good knowledge of countering will help you fight with any character, even if you don't know all the moves yet.

The countering also helps tremendously in those cases where an online match does lag. In SSF4, lagged matches are often ruined by someone spamming you with fireballs, and just blocking or jumping with the correct timing becomes impossible due to the lag. In DoA, a lagged match doesn't really tip the scales either way, because careful countering will keep your opponent from just throwing constant attacks at you without strategy.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

132. Posted:

I recommend PilotWings Resort. B-)
Much better than I thought it was going to be, and the 3D effects on the 2 types of Rocket Belts and Gliders(along with your in-game mii) are incredible, along with the 3D Diarama's that you can unlock. For me, it outdoes SSFIV 3D and Nintendog's + Cats if we're talking launch titles. PilotWings Resort has the best 3D effects of the bunch, and is the perfect 3D showcase out of the launch titles.

That aside, Mission mode is a blast, and quite challenging at that. While Free Flight Mode will have you soaring through the sky searching every nook and cranny for the remaining balloons, rings, Insland and what have you. B-)

I thought what would of just been a ho-him pick up and play with some shnazzy 3D effects type game, became an addicting, deep and incredibly rewarding experience with some beautiful 3D effects. The graphics themselves are pretty solid, although the island itself regarding the houses, trees and the like could of been a bit better. The lighting and shader effects are beaufiful and give the illusion that the game is prettier than it is, while most of the Air crafts and your Mii look fantastic. B-)

Anyways I'm so tempted to get Monkey Ball 3D, it's the 'only' other launch title I'm interested in getting....Zelda OOT 3D and RE: Mercanaries 3D are up next.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

robbiemactavish

133. Posted:

I dont have a 3ds yet, but im probably getting one in a week, and theres tons of games i want...

Games I want In Order

1.Super Paper Mario
2.Legend Of Zelda Oracarina Of Time
3.Mario Kart 3D
4.Kingdom Hearts 3D
5.Super Mario 3D
6.Luigiā€™s Mansion 2
7.Kid Icarus Uprising
8.Star Fox 3D
9.Beyond The Labyrinth
10.Super Street Fighter 4
11.Resident Evil Mercenaries
12.Lego Pirates Of The Carribean
13.Ridge Racer 3D
14.Cave Story
15.Metal Gear Solid Snake
16.Proffesor Layton And The Mask Of Miracle
17.Rayman 3D
18.Resident Evil Revelations
19.Animal Crossing 3D
20. Super Monkey Ball 3D

Eshop Games
1.ExiteBots 3D
2.The Legend Of Zelda Links Awakening
3.Donkey Kong
4.Megaman Legends 3
5.Pokedex 3D
6.The Rolling Western

robbiemactavish

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

134. Posted:

I recomend Nintendog's + Cats....That's If you don't mind losing interest and being bored after your first little playthrough, while realising that you are limited to only learning 3 tricks a day, and you can't do more than 2 competitions a day, which is where you'll earn small amounts of cash that take forever(days on end) to save up and buy things like dogs/cats or furniture, but hey...That's ok, because you go out for sleep inducing boring doggy walks, where you can happily meet the same god damn people that spew out the same boring soccer mome bull jive, but that's not all! You you can find tiny little presents full of junk where you can later then trade that spiffy little old-man dress shoe you found for a helicopter....No wait, you'll need two shoes, a piece of rubber and TIE! darn!

But that's ok, you can always hope to earn some decent cash by enterting those unfair frustrating competions...But wait, you can only do 2 a day....You better not mess up! But you most likely will considering the Doggy AI is so god damn balls to the wall cheap. It's do or die, make your weenie cash and wait another day.

I hate you Nintendog's + Cats, You may have gorgeous incredibly detailed beautiful looking graphics regarding the dogs and cats, you may reak of adorableness, not to mention messing around with the toys and teaching your dog how to do tricks can be fun for a few minutes, while the game itself has some semi-decent 3D depth effects while being mostly subtle aside from the occasional awesome doggy pop out screen effect....But you're just a stale tedious doggy turd in the making. This is a dead dog that needs to stay buried!

Time to play some real games. Link's Awakening DX, oh how i love thee' B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

andyutd97

135. Posted:

If Anyone wants a proper hard core racing game then I reccomend f-zero 3D.
edit: Oh wait I forgot nintendo these days believe Karts racing around at the excessively fast 150cc is good enough now. :|

Edited on by andyutd97

andyutd97

AuthorMessage

Karakato

136. Posted:

@Warioswoods - thanks for that, my number one problem with fighting games online is lag, I always have a hard time stringing combos at MvC3 to the point that it gets frustratingly unplayable, not to mention the opponent keeps spamming me with constant combos. Now I'll be getting DoA then, SF4 will have to wait.

@WaveBoy - I'm thinking of getting this game for my little sister. Reading your post, you seem to be describing what many sim games are about, doing simple work day by day. I was wondering if this is the first pet/sim game you've played because I don't want to waste anymore cash on some game that I give to someone only for them to play it once or twice and never touch it again. How would you compare it to the DS game? How would you compare it to Sim games in general?

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

137. Posted:

Oh without a doubt it easily beats out the original, there's no point in going back. I'm sure Sim fans would enjoy the experience, i myself can't stand sims but i still wanted to give it a chance considering it seemed like one of the better 3DS launch titles. But I'm sure your little sister would love it, there's no doubt.

Anyways, Nintendog's is catered towards girls who seem to get much more of a kick out of it. Because de puppiezzz are sooo cuteeezzz, AWwWwWwe! :p

A lot of those casual girly girl gamers seem to hit it off with franchises like Nintendog's, Brain Age and Animal Crossing, and especially Mario Kart for some reason. I'd magically give you my copy for 1 million dollars if i could, but i sent it off to hell. Then again, all dogs go to heaven. I love that movie.lol

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Karakato

138. Posted:

I understand what you're getting at. I too am not a fan at all for sim games(Tower defense comes next), its too monotonous for my tastes. But yeah, my little sis loved the first one, so that means she'll love this one. But maybe I should just get her Animal Crossings(Which I also didn't like save for the NES games) to save on cash. Just one more question, how were the cats, were they behaving like they should be?
PS- not all dogs go to heaven. At least one dog got dragged into hell near the end of the movie. :P

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

139. Posted:

I never got enough cash to buy a cat. :p
They seem pretty cool, i got to play around with one at the Coffee shop which you can hit up during taking your dog for a walk depending on the location. But ya, the seem more melow, a bit pirky, the moan like hell when you rub your their .lol and they do their own thing, like your typical cat would do in real life. They don't exactly jump right off their feet when you call for whistle for them like your dog normally would. I'm still blown away by the graphical detail on the dogs and cats, it's pretty impressive stuff.

That's the only reason I'd keep Nintendog's, it has this charm about it...And the dogs and cats are adorable, sporting some amazing graphics, but ultimately it's just not my cup of tea nor do i find it fun. I'm still thinking about getting rid of my copies of Nintendog's + Cats and SSFIV 3D. Yet I'm keeping my copy of the first NIntendog's because when it was released, at that moment the touch screen controls knocked me off my feet. :p

Edited on by theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Karakato

140. Posted:

Thats good to hear at least. When I have cash to burn, I'll be getting this along with RE and DoA, AC seems like a long wait for me. Thanks for sharing that, but WHY would you buy Nintendogs again if you hated the first?
Hmm... Throwing away your copies? At least give them to me! Gotta get all the freebies I can in this day and age. :P

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.