Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 2,669

SunnySnivy

I only have 2 games for my 3DS. Nintendogs and Ocarina of Time. None of the other games that are right now appeal to me, at all.

I will be getting Super Mario, Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario, and Kid Icarus when they come out. Maybe Star Fox too, I haven't decided.

http://backloggery.com/naviloveslink

grumblebuzzz

I have 3: Pilotwings Resort, Nintendogs+Cats, and Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. Having played Pilotwings and Nintendogs since the console's launch, I still feel like the first "real" game I've played in 3D on the system is Zelda. Pilotwings, to me, is more of a supercharged tech demo and Nintendogs is cute and addictive at first but becomes mind-numbingly boring once you've exhausted all of the few shop item choices and won most of the contests. So out of the games I've played, I would definitely suggest Zelda, cautiously suggest Pilotwings and only recommend Nintendogs to fans of the genre/series.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

Terave

I have only two: Street Fighter and Ocarina of Time 3D. Other games weren't that good looking. Now, i'm thinking of a new game, but which one should I get? (A DS title's good as well.) Thinking about Okamiden, 'cause I think I can't last without a new game till Star Fox... So, Okamiden, or an other 3DS title?

EDIT: I am getting (on release) Mario Kart, Super Mario 3D, Kid Icarus Luigi's Mansion 2 and maybe Prof. Layton and the Mask of Miracle.

Edited on by Terave

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

RedYoshi999

Ok I'm planning on getting a 3DS but have a choice of 2 games: Super Monkey Ball 3D or Rayman 3D. Which is better?

RedYoshi999

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

KarrotMan

@128 I'd choose Rayman but it depends on what you like. Even though it is flooded with cons(i.e. inconsistent framerate, no graphical improvement, bad 3D), Rayman is still a good game. Get the DC version if you have one, I hear it's the best. Think of it as a bad port of a great 3D platformer which was regarded as one of the best games of its time. SMB3D from what I've heard is too easy compared to the other series which may be a let-down for some fans of the past installments. The two side games are a bit disappointing if you compare them to the games they imitate, but still they are a fun diversion. It's a good game on its own(3D off if you use motion controls), but it's overshadowed by its past predecessor. If you want to play a great 3D platformer but limited to only having a 3DS, get Rayman. If you want a fun game to play that you can breeze through a weekend with neat diversions, get monkey ball especially if its your first time.

So I just got a 3DS cheap today, along with Ocarina of Time which I sadly skipped when it first came out on the N64. I haven't started at opening them both yet I am considering getting another game. I'm choosing between either SF4 or DoA which both look appealing and most importantly, are online. I want Street Fighter because I always play it in the arcades and DoA because I want to try out a new fighter that's not made by Capcom. So how do you guys find the Counter-attack system/rock-paper-scissors fighting style of doa because I never played the series before. What I need to know the most is which of the two games have the better net-code for online. What's important to me for fighting games is having a smooth and non-laggy match. What are your thoughts on those two?

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Terave

@129 Well the online for SSF4 doesn't work for me well but the framerate is really ok. I've no idea of DoA.

warioswoods

I didn't play either online more than maybe 15 or so times each, but I greatly prefer DoA for the 3DS in just about every possible way, as I noted in my previous post: better graphics, modes, everything - by a long shot. I will say that I've seen lagged matches in both games, so it really depends on your opponent, however DoA gives you simple indicator of the connection of the opponent before you agree to the match, so you could avoid weaker connections.

As for the blocking and countering in DoA, this is my first game in the series and I was very pleasantly surprised. It works well, adds a great deal of speed to every match, and also makes it so that you can trade out characters more freely without starting from scratch, for a good knowledge of countering will help you fight with any character, even if you don't know all the moves yet.

The countering also helps tremendously in those cases where an online match does lag. In SSF4, lagged matches are often ruined by someone spamming you with fireballs, and just blocking or jumping with the correct timing becomes impossible due to the lag. In DoA, a lagged match doesn't really tip the scales either way, because careful countering will keep your opponent from just throwing constant attacks at you without strategy.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

rk3388

I dont have a 3ds yet, but im probably getting one in a week, and theres tons of games i want...

Games I want In Order

1.Super Paper Mario
2.Legend Of Zelda Oracarina Of Time
3.Mario Kart 3D
4.Kingdom Hearts 3D
5.Super Mario 3D
6.Luigiā€™s Mansion 2
7.Kid Icarus Uprising
8.Star Fox 3D
9.Beyond The Labyrinth
10.Super Street Fighter 4
11.Resident Evil Mercenaries
12.Lego Pirates Of The Carribean
13.Ridge Racer 3D
14.Cave Story
15.Metal Gear Solid Snake
16.Proffesor Layton And The Mask Of Miracle
17.Rayman 3D
18.Resident Evil Revelations
19.Animal Crossing 3D
20. Super Monkey Ball 3D

Eshop Games
1.ExiteBots 3D
2.The Legend Of Zelda Links Awakening
3.Donkey Kong
4.Megaman Legends 3
5.Pokedex 3D
6.The Rolling Western

rk3388

andyutd97

If Anyone wants a proper hard core racing game then I reccomend f-zero 3D.
edit: Oh wait I forgot nintendo these days believe Karts racing around at the excessively fast 150cc is good enough now.

Edited on by andyutd97

andyutd97

KarrotMan

@Warioswoods - thanks for that, my number one problem with fighting games online is lag, I always have a hard time stringing combos at MvC3 to the point that it gets frustratingly unplayable, not to mention the opponent keeps spamming me with constant combos. Now I'll be getting DoA then, SF4 will have to wait.

@WaveBoy - I'm thinking of getting this game for my little sister. Reading your post, you seem to be describing what many sim games are about, doing simple work day by day. I was wondering if this is the first pet/sim game you've played because I don't want to waste anymore cash on some game that I give to someone only for them to play it once or twice and never touch it again. How would you compare it to the DS game? How would you compare it to Sim games in general?

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

KarrotMan

I understand what you're getting at. I too am not a fan at all for sim games(Tower defense comes next), its too monotonous for my tastes. But yeah, my little sis loved the first one, so that means she'll love this one. But maybe I should just get her Animal Crossings(Which I also didn't like save for the NES games) to save on cash. Just one more question, how were the cats, were they behaving like they should be?
PS- not all dogs go to heaven. At least one dog got dragged into hell near the end of the movie.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

KarrotMan

Thats good to hear at least. When I have cash to burn, I'll be getting this along with RE and DoA, AC seems like a long wait for me. Thanks for sharing that, but WHY would you buy Nintendogs again if you hated the first?
Hmm... Throwing away your copies? At least give them to me! Gotta get all the freebies I can in this day and age.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

KarrotMan

You should consider getting OoT3D, outstanding so far for me. I never played the N64 ver when it came out(Playstation kept me from enjoying a classic), but now I have it remade, in the palm of my hands and IN 3D! I don't know why, but even though I would find the 2D mode a smoother experience, I involuntarily keep it 3D it is well implemented. So far, I'm not succumbing to those reported eye-popping headaches and I played it for 3 hours so far. Even if it is an old game, I found it to be better than most of the 3D action games I've played so far. Just be weary of the ghosting issues found in the 3D mode and the limited stock, because I wasn't able to find a copy at all last week, but managed to snag the last copy. Other than that, My second hand 3DS purchase is validated.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

Terave

WHAT? Haven't played OOT yet? Buy it -> Right now!

Edesto

I am thinking about buying a new game, and the only two that looks interesting at the moment are ridge racer 3D and Resident evil Mercenaries. Could anyone give me their toughts on either one of these games?

Armani100

can sombody add me please i need some more friends tell me when you added me

My Friend Code is 1160-9721-8604 tell me if you add me please and thank you

Cryptonic

Edesto wrote:

I am thinking about buying a new game, and the only two that looks interesting at the moment are ridge racer 3D and Resident evil Mercenaries. Could anyone give me their toughts on either one of these games?

Resident Evil is good. Idk whats with all the not-good reviews. Its a bit challenging, it's fun to unlock the outfits, characters, medals etc. The Revelations demo is great too. Scary! Uhmm...... Sooo yeah. It is a fun game....... Yup.

Wii :6638 - 2205 - 3294 - 3850
SSBB: 4812 - 5583 - 8961
3DS: 4038 - 6000 - 1698
"Tiger Man was wise"

Stereoman

Edesto wrote:

If you havent played a recent RidgeRacer then get it!
I definitely can recommend it. Some classic courses and some new ones.
But if you played some newer RidgeRacers it could be too familiar to you.
On negative side RR doesnt have online play. But Wi-fi multiplayer if you know some pals with copys.
Me for once made a 6 year RidgeRacer pause and thus this game was a blast for me ...

On mercenaries i dont own it. But as far as i read and heard about it it sounds terrible especially for a full price title.
IF you love Mercenaries mode grab Resident evil 5 gold editon for 10 bucks and have a blast with HD graphics, bonus modes (merc mode , VS mode), great story etc etc
Beware Mercenaries 3D for 3Ds DOESNT have the infamous versus mode.
So it will only be 80ties highscore hunt which for my part gets boring after 30 minutes ...

greets

Edited on by Stereoman

MH4 online thread

3DS Friend Code: 1504-7028-1432

Armani100

WaveBoy wrote:

How are the 3D effects in Monkey Ball 3D? As soon as I finish up more of my games and when it actually drops in price I'll most likely be picking it up.

add me

My Friend Code is 1160-9721-8604 tell me if you add me please and thank you

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic